Thread: Can the Pacers win the NBA championship this year?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Can the Pacers win the NBA championship this year?

What do you think -- is there a legitimate chance?

Default Re: Can the Pacers win the NBA championship this year?

Yes, but they won't be the favorite no matter who the other team is.

Southside_Pacer

Yes

I just hope having homecourt advantage won't jinx them, they have been playing a lot more focused on the road this season.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would like to say Yes , but until we get deep in the playoffs were not gonna get that respect.

As a Pacers fan, I think your question is a dumb one, Shade.

Of course the eventual 2004 NBA Champions have a chance.

Shade I don't look nearly that far ahead.

Right now I am concerned about the pacers finishing the season well, staying healthy, and I am trying to figure out who the Pacers will play in the first round. I am not thinking much beyond that.

4 weeks from tonight is the last regular season game. Game 7 of the NBA Finals will be 12 weeks from tonight.

If the Lakers make it to the Finals, then we can't stop them. But they've waited so long, that I don't know if they can put it together this late.

I like our chances against anyone else.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I would like to say Yes , but until we get deep in the playoffs were not gonna get that respect.
    Well put by the new guy

Welcome Aboard!

If the Lakers make it to the Finals, then we can't stop them. But they've waited so long, that I don't know if they can put it together this late.

I like our chances against anyone else.
    I wish everyone would quit bowing to the Lakers. I don't think the Lakers are unbeatable.... not that it would be easy or not be helped with a little luck... but luck comes to those who work hard.

Not only that but why does everyone think it is possible the Lakers might not make the Finals BUT if they do we automatically lose to them?

Why is it not possible the Lakers fight their way thru wars to get to the Finals and find themselves battered, bruised, and tired? ...and then meet (hopefully) the Pacers who have everything going for them (including (hopefully) homecourt)...

Also... It would be Carlisle's big chance to X and O against Jackson. We've all heard Jackson is more lucky than good from many Pacer fans.... so let's see it play out on the court.

There is a reason they play the games. I'm not declaring victory over them BUT I am certainly not declaring defeat before tip-off!!!

This is my 'homer' post for the month...if not year.

-Bball

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden