Thread: The season that was 04-05

Default The season that was 04-05

The reason why I put this in this forum is because I didnt want to start another 11/19 brawl topic,this is just something I want to get out,you can reply if you want,or not.

I think that everything happens for a reason.I believe that even last year if we had Ron,we wouldnt have won an NBA championship.Ron's heart (and obviously his head) were not into basketball last season.But I look at 11/19-Ron Artest "wanting time off" as a blessing.Im just going to run down some reasons why;

1.We wouldnt have gotten Danny Granger in this past draft.
    2.I doubt we wouldve gotten Saras (long story).
    3.I doubt we wouldve been reunited with Dale.
    4.This is one of the more exciting off-seasons I can remember for awhile.

But I feel that myself being a Pacer fan,that I can only walk with my head high.Be positive about the team,and stand behind our team.Not be negative about our team/players just for the sake of being negative.But still respect what another team does,I do not have to love it.But I can respect it.And all I can do now is look ahead to another Indiana Pacers season,With a new face (saras),And an old face gone (reggie).But still knowing that changes will come and go,people will come and go,But at the end of the day I can still be proud of being an Indiana Pacers fan,No matter what.

Thanks For Your Time,
    Brian

Default Re: The season that was 04-05

If you don't feel we would have won it all, that's fine. But it would have been nice if Reggie could have at least competed for a ring his last season, instead of having to put up with everything.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The season that was 04-05

I agree that what happend is a big reason why we are so strong this year. You are right. We wouldn't have gotten Danny Granger. We more than likely wouldn't have gotten Dale. We probably wouldn't have gotten Sarunas. I do wish that Reggie's last season would have worked out a little better but he did get a much bigger role than he would have had the brawl not happened. All in all I think that last year helped us once you look past the brawl. Just look at how it made James Jones step up or all the bench players for that matter.