• Reggie's contract

28 39.44%
  • The team will not waive anybody

11 15.49%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time is running out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Time is running out.

Time is starting to run out. If the Pacers are going to waive Bender, Croshere or Reggie's contract it has to happen Monday or before. What do you guys think will happen?

Default Re: Time is runnig out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time is starting to run out. If the Pacers are going to waive Bender or Croshere it has to happen before Monday. What do you guys think will happen?
    I believe it either be Croshere or more likely Reggie's Contract.

Why Not Us ?

They can't waive them ON Monday?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan23
    I believe it either be Croshere or more likely Reggie's Contract.
    I forgot about Reggie's contract.

Default Re: Time is running out.

It should be Bender. It won't be Reggie because there's a chance it could open a can of worms and it could be deemed disrespectful in a way (this savings would also be a drop in the bucket compared to Croshere or Bender). There's a decent chance they'd go with Croshere because that savings would be the most BUT that wouldn't be the best basketball move because Croshere is useful and willing to play.

I can't believe they would let this opportunity pass but its not my money. It wouldn't surprise me to see nobody cut with various factors of pride and ego getting in the way of a decision. I think it is a no-brainer that you cut Bender but I don't know that the team is on the same page with that thinking.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It won't be Bender, so just forget that idea.

As for Reggie vs. Cro, how much would the Pacers save on Reggie's contract vs. Cro? Remember, also, that the P's will only save on Reg's contract for this season. They'll get nailed by Cro's for TWO seasons.

For these reasons, as well as Walsh's die-hard insistence that Reggie may return, I see Croshere being shown the door.

Zesty

I think they'd save about $2MM by waving Cro instead of Reggie, but I think they'd rather spend the extra money to keep a player who might play this year vs. someone who absolutely with not. Plus Croshere's contract becomes a tradable asset after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    They can't waive them ON Monday?
    Yes, I thought they could and in fact most teams were going to wait until the last minute to do so, unless I am mistaken ?

Why Not Us ?

The Pacer's aren't going to waive Bender period! I think anyone thinking that hasn't been paying attention. As for Croshere, next year his will be an expiring contract and valuable as such. Bird has already said Cro is needed as a backup, plus they don't want Cro going to New Jersey, or Detroit, etc. So, I have no doubt it will be Reggie's contract. It makes the most sense and is the way the Pacers do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    It won't be Bender, so just forget that idea.

As for Reggie vs. Cro, how much would the Pacers save on Reggie's contract vs. Cro? Remember, also, that the P's will only save on Reg's contract for this season. They'll get nailed by Cro's for TWO seasons.

For these reasons, as well as Walsh's die-hard insistence that Reggie may return, I see Croshere being shown the door.
    They won't get nailed with Cro's contract next year because it will be trade-able. As for Reggie returning Walsh has said he would talk to Reggie this summer about returning. If Reggie stands fast as expected they will waive his contract.

The only way I see Croshere being shown the door is if the Simons say to do it. Since they are having a good year, I don't see that happening.

If Cro doesn't get waived, we'll have:

C - Foster/Harrison/Pollard
    PF - O'Neal/Croshere/Bender
    SF - Artest/Granger
    SG - Jackson/FJones
    PG - Tinsley/Jasikevicius/Johnson/Gill

That leaves one roster spot, meaning either DD or JJ is out, unless we make a 2-for-1 trade.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wonder just how annoyed they were with Jonathan for leaving summer camp like that.

I could see a scenario where they might try to work a trade and failing that unload him this way.

But then I can see a scenario where terrorists blow up a bridg....oh nevermind.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    If Cro doesn't get waived, we'll have:

C - Foster/Harrison/Pollard
    PF - O'Neal/Croshere/Bender
    SF - Artest/Granger
    SG - Jackson/FJones
    PG - Tinsley/Jasikevicius/Johnson/Gill

That leaves one roster spot, meaning either DD or JJ is out, unless we make a 2-for-1 trade.
    I know I'm not going to be taken seriously on this because of it being Dale & all. But just looking at that lineup you have listed above the one glaring hole that I see is at the center spot, or more specifically a physical player at the big man spot.

I just don't see a need for James Jones in all of this. Don't get me wrong I love James as a player but in all honesty where in the hell is the guy going to play? It will be his third season in the NBA & does anybody really think he should be on the reserve list again?

He's not going to start over Artest & Ron will play almost 40 min. a game. Granger will likely get every single min. of backup on the floor after that. Jackson & Fred are both capable of playing the 3 spot without many problems.

I just don't see the point in matching an offer for him. From either his standpoint or ours.

Now again everything at the center spot depends on Harrison. But isn't that a huge risk? David left last season on a sour note & hasn't shone much improvement in the foul department over the summer league.

Yes, I know there are a lot of Jeff Foster fans out there & in truth he is good enough for the regular season to get some victorys. But when it comes to the playoffs when it turns into halfcourt slugfests he just can't go toe to toe with the Shaqs, Wallace's, Big Z's, Curry, etc.

Pollard has not been healthy for any stretch of time since he's been here. He is a trooper & gives it his all but he can't go for any amount of time.

Dale is the answer, IMO. He is strong (is there anybody going to deny that?), he does not require any offense to be run through him & he is a great inside defender & he only needs to play about 20 min. a game thus leaving time for Harrison & Foster.

Again, it's just probably because it's Dale, but that is where I think we need to shore up our deficiancy's.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I know I'm not going to be taken seriously on this because of it being Dale & all. But just looking at that lineup you have listed above the one glaring hole that I see is at the center spot, or more specifically a physical player at the big man spot.

I just don't see a need for James Jones in all of this. Don't get me wrong I love James as a player but in all honesty where in the hell is the guy going to play? It will be his third season in the NBA & does anybody really think he should be on the reserve list again?

He's not going to start over Artest & Ron will play almost 40 min. a game. Granger will likely get every single min. of backup on the floor after that. Jackson & Fred are both capable of playing the 3 spot without many problems.

I just don't see the point in matching an offer for him. From either his standpoint or ours.

Now again everything at the center spot depends on Harrison. But isn't that a huge risk? David left last season on a sour note & hasn't shone much improvement in the foul department over the summer league.

Yes, I know there are a lot of Jeff Foster fans out there & in truth he is good enough for the regular season to get some victorys. But when it comes to the playoffs when it turns into halfcourt slugfests he just can't go toe to toe with the Shaqs, Wallace's, Big Z's, Curry, etc.

Pollard has not been healthy for any stretch of time since he's been here. He is a trooper & gives it his all but he can't go for any amount of time.

Dale is the answer, IMO. He is strong (is there anybody going to deny that?), he does not require any offense to be run through him & he is a great inside defender & he only needs to play about 20 min. a game thus leaving time for Harrison & Foster.

Again, it's just probably because it's Dale, but that is where I think we need to shore up our deficiancy's.
    I can't say that I disagree with you Peck but there is a major problem about one thing you wrote.

While I think Dale is the answer he wants money and the Pacers don't have that. I think that the Pacers are pretty much out of the picture for Dale. The Pacers are going to have to look elsewhere.

I agree Peck

As far as Shades lineup goes, drop Gill & add Davis & let's run with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck

David wasn't the only one who left the season on a sour note. By the time the playoffs rolled around, Dale wasn't even half the player he was when we first acquired him last season. With Dale one year older, who's to say that won't happen again?

I had agreed with you about Jeff until these last playoffs. Without Jeff, we don't even win a game against Detroit.

I like Dale too, but I only want him back as a back up PF. It's time to look to the future, see how David does with the back up C minutes.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    The Pacer's aren't going to waive Bender period! I think anyone thinking that hasn't been paying attention. As for Croshere, next year his will be an expiring contract and valuable as such. Bird has already said Cro is needed as a backup, plus they don't want Cro going to New Jersey, or Detroit, etc. So, I have no doubt it will be Reggie's contract. It makes the most sense and is the way the Pacers do things.
    Not paying attention in what way? He played one game in the summer league and went home. Do you think that sat well with TPTB?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

So if the Pacers "cut" Reggie, that guarantees that he can't make a comeback with the Pacers this season, right?

I'd be all-for that just so we don't have a bazillion threads (many started by you-know-who) begging him to come back.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    I agree Peck

As far as Shades lineup goes, drop Gill & add Davis & let's run with that.
    I feel exactly the same. I'm ready to go for a title with this:

Davis/Foster/Harrision/Pollard
    O'Neal/Croshere/Bender
    Artest/Granger
    Jackson/Jones
    Tinsley/Jasikevicius/Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Not paying attention in what way? He played one game in the summer league and went home. Do you think that sat well with TPTB?
    The Pacers Top Brass? .... Damn.... TPTB.... I should know what that stands for...

It didn't sit well with me that he left after one game.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    It didn't sit well with me that he left after one game.

-Bball
    Nor them. Which is why if anyone gets waived, I suspect it'll be him.

BTW, TPTB = The powers that be.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    I feel exactly the same. I'm ready to go for a title with this:

Davis/Foster/Harrision/Pollard
    O'Neal/Croshere/Bender
    Artest/Granger
    Jackson/Jones
    Great line-up, except I'd like to see one minor tweak:

Foster/Harrison/Davis/Pollard
    O'Neal//Davis/Croshere
    Artest/Granger
    Jackson/Jones

Then, if need be, make any necessary adjustments at the trade deadline for the ride home.

I don't think we should waive Bender over Croshere.

With Bender, there is the off chance he could be healthy for maybe 20 games before the trading deadline, and pick up a little trade value. Croshere will always be a slug.

Foretaz mentions an Injury Exception thing a lot. Could we waive Bender under this?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

With Bender, there is the off chance he could be healthy for maybe 20 games before the trading deadline, and pick up a little trade value. Croshere will always be a slug.

Foretaz mentions an Injury Exception thing a lot. Could we waive Bender under this?

For what it is worth another article mentioned Croshere today

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...42/1002/NEWS03

The Nets used their $5 million mid-level exception to sign McInnis. He will make $3.5 million this season and have his own option next year. McInnis said he signed a shorter-term deal because he "still feels he is a starter in this league." The Nets will look to use the remaining $1.5 million on a player set free by the NBA's amnesty clause by Aug. 15. Philadelphia's Aaron McKie and Indiana's Austin Croshere are candidates.

Why Not Us ?

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

I think it would have an almost cleansing effect on this team to get rid of Bender. To hold on to the hope that he can stay healthy long enough to raise his trade value is fool's gold, in my opinion. And I don't understand all the ire aimed at Croshere. He at least tried to contribute to this team during troubled times.