Thread: Like C.Web is the difference?

Graywolf_59

Default Like C.Web is the difference?

Here's this week's Power Ranking's.......They must think a RUSTY C.Webber is a difference....(I don't think so)!
    POWER RANKINGS
    Current Team Previous
    1 Sacramento Kings 1
    Chris Webber is back, and they really haven't missed a beat. But now the schedule gets real tough and we'll see how it goes.
    2 Indiana Pacers 2
    These guys hardly waver, which is a reflection of their defense, Jermaine O'Neal and the focus of coach Rick Carlisle.
    3 Detroit Pistons 6
    Five games now and nobody has reached 70 points. They don't just shut people down, they lock 'em up and throw away the key.
    4 Minnesota Timberwolves 3
    They're really struggling to incorporate three guys who have been out all year. The next step could be hyperventilation.
    5 San Antonio Spurs 4
    Without Tim Duncan, they're still 5-3. Not only do they play great defense, but Gregg Popovich is so underrated it's absurd.
    6 Los Angeles Lakers 5
    They're not 100 percent healthy, but at least everybody is back on the floor. To underestimate them would be crazy.
    7 Dallas Mavericks 8
    No way these guys should be 13-20 on the road. Nellie should have cut back Antoine Walker's minutes sooner.
    8 Memphis Grizzlies 7
    They finally lost again after winning seven in a row and 13 of 15. Now we'll see how they respond to the return to earth.
    9 Houston Rockets 10
    Maybe NOW they have it together after several false positives. Jim Jackson's presence is helping Yao Ming more daily.
    10 New Jersey Nets 9
    They are breaking down a little bit with Jason Kidd's knee and Kenyon Martin's ankle. Do they have enough depth?
    11 Denver Nuggets 14
    Bouncing back with three wins in four games relieves some of the pressure. Let's see if they can hang on now.
    12 Portland Trail Blazers 15
    Maybe they just caught the Timberwolves and Kings at the right time, or maybe they're for real. We'll know soon.
    13 Utah Jazz 12
    Gordan Giricek was a steal for the offense he brings them, now we'll see if they have enough inside.
    14 Cleveland Cavaliers 18
    Anybody who says they REALLY thought LeBron James could lead them into the playoffs as a rookie is lying.
    15 New Orleans Hornets 13
    Tim Floyd apologists notwithstanding, Paul Silas had to win with the same injuries to Jamal Mashburn and others.
    16 Milwaukee Bucks 11
    They're really struggling. To blow a 26-point lead to the Knicks at home is the low point of the season.
    17 Miami Heat 19
    They don't have much in the way of size, winning experience or depth, but that starting lineup is talented and improving quickly.
    18 New York Knicks 17
    Vin Baker helps them inside and allows Isiah Thomas to package Kurt Thomas somewhere this summer.
    19 Boston Celtics 16
    Paul Pierce surpassed Larry Bird as the Celtic to reach 10,000 points in the fewest games. Not that he'll surpass any more of Bird's records.
    20 Toronto Raptors 23
    With Jalen Rose back early, and Vince Carter and Chris Bosh healthy, they'll be in the playoff hunt all the way.
    21 Seattle SuperSonics 20
    After losing 17 of 22 without him, Brent Barry's splashy return makes the sad Sonics offseason more of a quandary.
    22 Philadelphia 76ers 24
    This Allen Iverson/Chris Ford thing is out of hand. Does A.I. really have to go now?
    23 Los Angeles Clippers 21
    Same story, different season. Promising young talent, injuries hit, confidence sags, hope for a high lottery pick.
    24 Golden State Warriors 22
    Rather than go into any more unnecessary details over the same old mess, just see above explanation.
    25 Phoenix Suns 26
    When Jerry Colangelo announces he's on the verge of selling, you know this franchise is in for a major transition.
    26 Atlanta Hawks 28
    The Hawks actually placed five players in double figures in their win over the Wizards. Then again, it was the Wizards.
    27 Washington Wizards 25
    Evidently, somebody got to Jerry Stackhouse and said, "Hey, since we're still paying, you're still playing."
    28 Orlando Magic 29
    John Gabriel out, John Weisbrod in as general manager. Neither 62 points nor a scoring title provide solace for Tracy McGrady.
    29 Chicago Bulls 27
    It's hard to fathom that a franchise that so dominated the terrain for a decade can be in such a state of disrepair.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Like C.Web is the difference?

Had we not lost to the Cavs the Pacers would have been the #1 in the power rankings.

Where are those from?

Graywolf_59

Not the PR in the NBA mean's anything.......The Pacer's just can't get any (RESPECT)!ABC just added a Pacer game to their schedule....this late in the season.?I say Screw ABC.....ESPN and all the networks....(TNT has had a few of our game's)...ONLY by contract only!IMHO.....I wish they'd just leave us off National TV (UNTIL the Playoff's)!No harm------no foul!The World WILL see our Pacer's come Playoff time and be AMAZED by what we have here in Indiana. : : :

Sports Logo

They made the schedule after they lost to the Celtics and before they hired Rick.

Heck I didnt have much hope for the season untill they hired Rick. Once Brad was gone and Isiah was still here I figured we were headed for the lottery. So why would they be any different.

Graywolf_59

We finally made it to #2 in Jeff Sagarin's ratings (whoever the heck he is):

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/nbasend.htm

Graywolf_59

Had we not lost to the Cavs the Pacers would have been the #1 in the power rankings.

Where are those from?
    http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7181172

Graywolf_59

My point is this------->We have had the best record or 2nd best record in the NBA all year long.......and now we are getting a change in the TV-and game schedule to help out ESPN/ABC for their gain's!Now they want to showcase our Pacer's....@ the end of the season.......! We have the best record vs. Left Coast team's.....and Just now -(Playoff time)--They want to show case our Pacer's.I can live with it...but to me here------->it just show's the BIAS of the NBA on National TV scheduling!

: : :

Graywolf_59

We finally made it to #2 in Jeff Sagarin's ratings (whoever the heck he is)It's just a ranking from a columist on CBS)!

Sagarin is a computer geek from Bloomington Indiana. He's been perfecting his ranking system for years. His college rankings for basketball are even used by the selection commitee along with the RPI.

He does lots of sports:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin.htm
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sagarin is a computer geek from Bloomington Indiana. He's been perfecting his ranking system for years. His college rankings for basketball are even used by the selection commitee along with the RPI.

He does lots of sports:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin.htm
    The top 11 SOS are all Western Conference teams. I still don't buy that we're 27th.

I just assume stay at number 2. Last year when we hit #1 on the ESPN power rankings is when the wheels fell off and the 2nd half season slide occured.

Even though those rankings are silly and meaningless - I look at them every Monday!!
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men