Thread: Strange observation in today's Oregonian

Banned

Default Strange observation in today's Oregonian

Read the bolded part towards the end of this. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Does it seem like Freddie has been "struggling". i don't think so.

From today's Oregonian:

Portland at Indiana

03/17/04

4 p.m. at Conseco Fieldhouse (TV on ESPN; radio on KXL 750, KRMZ 1150)

Worst trade ever? Every Blazers fan knows that the August 2000 trade of Jermaine O'Neal to Indiana for Dale Davis has turned out better for the Pacers. How much better? Since the trade, O'Neal has averaged 18.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks for the Pacers, and Davis has averaged 7.4 points, 7.4 rebounds and 0.9 blocks for the Blazers.

The difference maker: The Pacers' rise to the NBA's best record (49-17) has been in large part due to the growth of third-year point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who has caught fire over the past 11 games.

Tinsley has been more in control and more prudent in his shot selection, prompting coach Rick Carlisle to call him a team leader.

"I see the team looking to him a little more in the recent weeks for leadership and direction on the floor," Carlisle told the Indianapolis Star.

In the past 12 games, Tinsley is averaging 12.1 points and shooting 55 percent from the field. He has had 78 assists, 21 steals and 24 turnovers.

Jones struggling: Fred Jones, the former Barlow High and University of Oregon star, has yet to find his niche with the Pacers. The 6-foot-4 guard is averaging 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in 17.7 minutes.

Series history: The Blazers beat Indiana 97-95 in overtime Dec. 3 at the Rose Garden. The Blazers lead the series 40-20 and have won four in a row. In Indiana, the Blazers are 15-13.

-- Jason Quick

Default Re: Strange observation in today's Oregonian

A lot of these sportswriters look at stats and nothing else. That's simply lazy reporting.

Sports Logo

They also only saw the last game betwen the two teams and Fred was not really solid in the rotation yet.

You know that is the first article outside of Indiana where they have not said that point was a liability.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Read the bolded part towards the end of this. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Does it seem like Freddie has been "struggling". i don't think so.

From today's Oregonian:

Portland at Indiana

03/17/04

4 p.m. at Conseco Fieldhouse (TV on ESPN; radio on KXL 750, KRMZ 1150)

Worst trade ever? Every Blazers fan knows that the August 2000 trade of Jermaine O'Neal to Indiana for Dale Davis has turned out better for the Pacers. How much better? Since the trade, O'Neal has averaged 18.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks for the Pacers, and Davis has averaged 7.4 points, 7.4 rebounds and 0.9 blocks for the Blazers.

The difference maker: The Pacers' rise to the NBA's best record (49-17) has been in large part due to the growth of third-year point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who has caught fire over the past 11 games.

Tinsley has been more in control and more prudent in his shot selection, prompting coach Rick Carlisle to call him a team leader.

"I see the team looking to him a little more in the recent weeks for leadership and direction on the floor," Carlisle told the Indianapolis Star.

In the past 12 games, Tinsley is averaging 12.1 points and shooting 55 percent from the field. He has had 78 assists, 21 steals and 24 turnovers.

Jones struggling: Fred Jones, the former Barlow High and University of Oregon star, has yet to find his niche with the Pacers. The 6-foot-4 guard is averaging 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in 17.7 minutes.

Series history: The Blazers beat Indiana 97-95 in overtime Dec. 3 at the Rose Garden. The Blazers lead the series 40-20 and have won four in a row. In Indiana, the Blazers are 15-13.

-- Jason Quick
    Considering we gave them the right to draft Michael Jordan in exchange for Tom Owens, I don't want to hear "worst trade ever" from them. Not my fault they used that pick on Sam Bowie. :P
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you