Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are bad players that always seem to have good games against pacers?.

Default Who are bad players that always seem to have good games against pacers?.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Robert "Tractor" Traylor.

And last year it seemed like Toni Kukoc always had a good game against us.

Default Re: Who are bad players that always seem to have good games against pacers?.

Lee Nailon come to mind? he had his career high vs us.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who are bad players that always seem to have good games against pacers?.

I can come up with a couple.

Elden Campbell was all-star level vs the Pacers when he was on the Hornets, and had a couple good games when he was on the Pistons.

Jason Terry goes from pretty good to insane vs the Pacers, I believe he averaged like 30-35 ppg against the Pacers 1 season.

Erick Dampier also seems to have 20/15 numbers vs the Pacers as well.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Big Al had a pretty decent game against us last year also..

But hes not a bad player,just a bad team.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lee Nailon come to mind? he had his career high vs us.
    Another great example. Most of the Hornet players a couple years ago were a complete pain vs the Pacers.

Another example was Rodney Buford last season.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Gadzuric
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Walter McCarty comes to mind. He killed us in the 2003 playoffs.

Shawn Bradley seemed to have a number of good games against the Pacers.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Somehow the Pacers always make Kwame Brown look like an All Star. You know how people say a player continues to show flashes of brilliance? They always say that about Kwame after playing the Pacers.

This hasn't happened nearly as much since Carlisle got here.

It was pretty brutal during the Thomas era. I'm not really sure how to lay it at his doorstep, but it really declined after Carlisle arrived. Maybe it was the poor team defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

tyronn lue...actually, i dont know about that one...his name was in my mind though

DARVIN HAM !

Why Not Us ?

Dwanye Farrell played great when he was with the Hawks not so great when he became a Pacer.

Kwame's the best example I can think of. Actually, I'd say a number of Wizards, just like a number of Hornets back when they were in Charlotte. But Kwame takes the cake. Every single time I see him, he's a stud. That's why I'm surprised when people are so quick to say he's a bust.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

PacerNthaDesert

Marcus Fizer has always had big games vs the Pacers, especially in Conseco for some reason.

Well I guess he's not a BAD player, but-

KURT THOMAS

agreed on Kurt Thomas. Saw Gadzuric school Dale live in Milwaukee last season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan23
    DARVIN HAM !

OH YEAH!

also

Tony Kukoc (I hate that *&%$$^&* )
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I thought Aaron Williams of the Nets would always come off the bench and play really well against the Pacer's. He was no slacker in general, but he played like 6th man of the year it seemed each time against us.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Larry Johnson

*goes and ducks for cover*
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Malik Allen and Corliss Williamson would always have great games off the bench against the Pacers. Another is Eric Williams.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

During the Thomas era there were SO many...

Kurt Thomas is a bad player? Could have fooled me.

I loved the title of this thread and it is indicative of my point of view reading the posts so far and seeing so many different players noted.

I have complained for years that almost every game we play, some obscure player will have a career high in scoring, or have a dominating performance. If I had a nickel for every time I heard the TTV4 announcers say that "____________ has had a career high tonight", I'd have a *****load of nickels!!

I agree that it seems better in the Carlisle era, but there have still been plenty....I don't count Baby Al because he just wants to stick it up our a$$es when he plays us. If he played with that fire all the time, he would be a friggin' MVP candidate....The very game before the brawl game last year, he lit up Artest for 30 points on 12 of 19 shooting....It was unreal....The only time I saw him more possessed was when he was still a Pacer and he got his 40 point game....

Jason Terry has to take the cake in my mind...He's not really that bad of a player, but he is the shiznit against us....Same thing with Chris Webber; good player, but golden-boy against us. Didn't he have a 50 point, 25 rebound game against us a few years ago? I'm gonna have to go find out now!

On 1/5/01, Chris Webber had a career game against the Pacers. He had career highs in four categories: points, 51; rebounds, 26; FGM, 24; FGA, 47. Ba$tard!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Banned

Danny Ferry use to kill us all the time. Did not matter who he was playing for. Killed us all the time. He would not even play a game or 4 before playing us. Yet every team he played for knew he had our number for whatever reason.