Thread: Could JJ be the next Croshere?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Could JJ be the next Croshere?

The reason that Austin Croshere's contract is so high is because the year he was going into his free-agencey and that is the season the Pacers went to the finals. Austin had a great run through the playoffs that year and Walsh felt the need to offer him alot of money so he would stay. I think the same thing may be happening with James Jones' contract. Now, it is not going to be even close to the extent of what Cro got. James emerged last season after the brawl in Detriot. The reason he emerged was because of the lack of man power after the suspensions. He did do a great job last season and could very possibly become a very valuable player. I am just not sure if he is going to be worth the money he will be given. I am not saying it is impossible, I am just wondering how will people look at him if he gets a good sized contract and busts.

foretaz

Default Re: Could JJ be the next Croshere?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason that Austin Croshere's contract is so high is because the year he was going into his free-agencey and that is the season the Pacers went to the finals. Austin had a great run through the playoffs that year and Walsh felt the need to offer him alot of money so he would stay. I think the same thing may be happening with James Jones' contract. Now, it is not going to be even close to the extent of what Cro got. James emerged last season after the brawl in Detriot. The reason he emerged was because of the lack of man power after the suspensions. He did do a great job last season and could very possibly become a very valuable player. I am just not sure if he is going to be worth the money he will be given. I am not saying it is impossible, I am just wondering how will people look at him if he gets a good sized contract and busts.
    the absolute most JJ probably gets is something close to 3 million a year....unlike croshere, that would not make JJ untradeable....he would not be making high priced starters money....he would be making reasonable backup money....and it never would be too difficult to find a home for a great shooter and quality guy like JJ....

JJ would be lucky to get half the MLE. No team is going to be sweating that, even if he never improves on this past season.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

ABA Jay

Croshere averaged 15 ppg against the Lakers in the 200 Finals. JJ averaged 1.8 ppg against Detroit in this years playoffs. Besides that, I would like to think management has learned from that mistake (Hopefully).

JJ averaged 1.8 ppg against Detroit

Give that man 8.9 mil a year!!!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I've stated before if I'm the Pacers , I only match to around 1.6 mil to keep James Jones. Danny Granger will most likely get the majority of backup minutes at sf. As a 1st rounder Granger is only making 1.3 mil this season and 1.4 next season.

James Jones , was a 2nd rounder who will play very limited minutes this season , so I see no reason to over pay for the role he will fill.

If you match anything above the 1.6 its only for a sign and trade situation that is already in place.