Thread: Who is watching Stephen Colbert on CBS Late Night?

Default Who is watching Stephen Colbert on CBS Late Night?

I'm just curious.... I watched the first episode and don't recall watching any sense then. I've seen some reports the ratings are struggling. I always thought Colbert was an odd choice with at least a couple strikes against him from the start. One being his age at the start. The other being whether it was possible to separate the Comedy Central character from himself.

So is anyone here watching and enjoying the show? Or didn't enjoy it?

I doubt there is a groundswell of public angst to have him replaced like there was with Conan because at least Dave has went away and made no overtures as to wishing he hadn't retired. Meanwhile, there's no known second choice for the seat that is looking better and better in some other role. But just because there's no groundswell of anti-support doesn't mean that CBS is happy or satisifed with the way the ratings are going. In fact, it's telling if it means they are simply being forgotten in the late night wars and in danger of becoming an afterthought.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who is watching Stephen Colbert on CBS Late Night?

I watch it religiously. His comedy isn't the best, but I love his interviews and wide array of guests. Stay Human is also a great band.

I SAID A STREET FIGHT Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I think it's very disappointingly bad. They're trying to do a show that just can't work on broadcast channels. The biggest sin is it's just not very funny.

Changes at the Late Show:
    New showrunner. Apparently Colbert has had his hands in wide ranging aspects of the show, it's not working, and they want him to concentrate on his performance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/bu...r-that-is.html
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden