Thread: Black Thursday/Friday Deals

Default Black Thursday/Friday Deals

I know it's sad as the tradition of Thanksgiving being all about family is taking such a beating because of this.... but... for those on an extremely tight budget. Best Buy has a Panasonic 50 inch television for $199 Thanksgiving day. Wally World has a 50 inch (off brand) tv $219. Just search for Black Friday and you'll see the various deals out there.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Black Thursday/Friday Deals

I'm never going to deal with the mobs who stand in line for days for these deals again. Ever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post:

I did it once years ago for a computer for my daughter. NEVER AGAIN.

My time, sanity and safety are worth more than what I could save on anything out there.

Make a batch of Bloody Mary's or Screwdrivers, sit back and watch the local new channels with their live reports of 500 people standing outside for hours to grab an item or 2 and then stand in line for hours again at the registers.

Not.

Worth.

It.

I'm hoping to pick up the PS4 GTA V and last of us bundle. But I don't want to stand in line, so I will look online. I just don't know what time to start looking? Also Target has iPad Air 2 with $140 gift card. But again I'm not standing in line, so hoping they offer that online.
    I'd be weary of those cheap TV deals. Most of them are subpar models with 60z refresh rates.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hoping to pick up the PS4 GTA V and last of us bundle. But I don't want to stand in line, so I will look online. I just don't know what time to start looking? Also Target has iPad Air 2 with $140 gift card. But again I'm not standing in line, so hoping they offer that online.
    I'd be weary of those cheap TV deals. Most of them are subpar models with 60z refresh rates.
    I would agree to watch out for no name brand televisions but many of the 60Hz tvs are Samsungs. Still a fine television brand for folks who are looking for deals.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Some stores, like Best Buy, use Black Friday to clear out inventory for new models. Those are still good TVs; they're just priced really low because it beats writing them off.

I would also guess that the average person couldn't tell the difference between a 60 and 120 refresh rate.

Shop on Thanksgiving and you are directly contributing to people not being able to be with their families today.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

So my online black friday went very well. I was able to pick up 128BG Ipad Air 2 for only $350 after we used some best buy gift cards we had laying around.
    Then I was able to pick up the PS4 bundle on Amazon for $265 after I cashed in my Chase Sapphire points.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Wife got me the Xbox one from Amazon, even though I told her about better deals. Christmas gift though, so I'll have to wait. Pretty excited though!
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post: