Thread: You know what ticks me off???

Default You know what ticks me off???

These dump trucks that rumble around town spilling rocks and crap out of their beds, but they paint a little sign on the back that says "Stay back 500 feet, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS".

So, if I hang up a sign on my door that says "Kids should do what I say, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILD ABUSE!", am I safe?

"If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Default Re: You know what ticks me off???

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if I hang up a sign on my door that says "Kids should do what I say, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILD ABUSE!", am I safe?

Yup.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

These dump trucks that rumble around town spilling rocks and crap out of their beds, but they paint a little sign on the back that says "Stay back 500 feet, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS".

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Yup.
    Oh Good.

KID, BRING ME A PEEBER!!!!

You're a real lawyer, right Kegboy????
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

If it makes you feel any better, those signs are bull****, Indiana law requires dump trucks to cover their load, and "leaking" loads that lead to damage are absolutely responsible.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

I was gonna tell you what Marion Deputy told you. Unless something has changed they are in fact responsible. It very well could be their insurance company no longer covers them for this but the sign is just there to keep you from calling them.

It's probably also a hint that getting paid won't be easy.

The real question is... Why doesn't DOT enforce the rule about keeping their loads covered? Many (most? all?) dump trucks have an AUTOMATED cover. They flip the switch and the load is covered. It doesn't keep every piece from flying out but it helps a lot.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Really?

Hmmmmmm :trying it on for a bit:

You know - it does make me feel better. I'll hire Kegboy and SUE!!!!!!

Oh Good.

KID, BRING ME A PEEBER!!!!

You're a real lawyer, right Kegboy????

Actually, I just agreed with you in hopes that you would thank me, so I could say:

"Not a problem."

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!