Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

  1. #1
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all need to move on.
    Let me get this straight. You're saying we all need to move on from a player who retired 2 months ago after 18 years with the organization he helped build, while you and others cling steadfastly to a player who left 2 years ago after being with the team for only 2 seasons (during which time they never got out of the first round in the playoffs)?

  2. #2
    PacerNthaDesert
    Guest

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight. You're saying we all need to move on from a player who retired 2 months ago after 18 years with the organization he helped build, while you and others cling steadfastly to a player who left 2 years ago after being with the team for only 2 seasons (during which time they never got out of the first round in the playoffs)?

    This is a quality post, couldn't agree more. I will never understand the lovefest with Brad Miller that some of these people have. Reggie will never be forgotten, even after he dies because legends live forever.

  3. #3
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight. You're saying we all need to move on from a player who retired 2 months ago after 18 years with the organization he helped build, while you and others cling steadfastly to a player who left 2 years ago after being with the team for only 2 seasons (during which time they never got out of the first round in the playoffs)?
    I see my parrot comment was dead-on. Took 2 minutes to validate.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    I don't really want Reggie to come back and I don't think he should come back.

  5. #5
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    I LOVE Reggie sooo much...( i asked him ta marry me in '93..i was only 3 ) but after the post game comments and his ESPY award for Best Final Moment, i dont think he's coming back but that doesn't mean i dont want him to. It's nice ta see him go out on top of his game and everything else.

    I dont kno but plus i thought he was producing Beautiful Ohio now...?

  6. #6
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Reggie played the right way. And he left the game the right way.

    Coming back for a shot at a championship will add nothing to his legacy.

    Does it matter that Ernie Banks didn't win one?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #7
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see my parrot comment was dead-on. Took 2 minutes to validate.
    Ah, my Pavlovian dog, you never fail me.

  8. #8
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight. You're saying we all need to move on from a player who retired 2 months ago after 18 years with the organization he helped build, while you and others cling steadfastly to a player who left 2 years ago after being with the team for only 2 seasons (during which time they never got out of the first round in the playoffs)?

    It's not that hard to figure out.

    Reggie Miller turns 40 this month and is FINISHED for good. Reggie made the decision to walk away from the game and team forever.

    Brad is still one of the best centers in the game, and we coulda kept him. As long as Brad is still playing at a high level, we'll complain.

  9. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, my Pavlovian dog, you never fail me.
    Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. ""

  10. #10
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that hard to figure out.
    It is if you're a fan of managament and a fan of "yanking chains" more than a fan of the team.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie Miller turns 40 this month and is FINISHED for good. Reggie made the decision to walk away from the game and team forever.

    Brad is still one of the best centers in the game, and we coulda kept him. As long as Brad is still playing at a high level, we'll complain.
    Yanking chains is more important than logic.

  11. #11
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. ""
    And your Bender/Brad sig wasn't a big FU to me? Okay.

  12. #12
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And your Bender/Brad sig wasn't a big FU to me? Okay.
    You think you're that important to me?

  13. #13
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that hard to figure out.

    Reggie Miller turns 40 this month and is FINISHED for good. Reggie made the decision to walk away from the game and team forever.

    Brad is still one of the best centers in the game, and we coulda kept him. As long as Brad is still playing at a high level, we'll complain.
    Yeah, well, when you take over the reigns as Pacers' GM, maybe you can right the wrong.

    It's not that hard to figure out. Reggie is a future HOFer. Brad isn't. Oh, and I'd bet my life savings that if Reggie were to return next year, he'd be less likely to get injured than you-know-who.

  14. #14
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, well, when you take over the reigns as Pacers' GM, maybe you can right the wrong.

    It's not that hard to figure out. Reggie is a future HOFer. Brad isn't.
    It's also 2005, not 1995.

    *edit* Oh, and I forgot you're one of the "GM knows best, it's not worth debating" people. Guess I better just close this place down, since we'd all be better off just sitting patiently to see what happens rather than waste our time here.

  15. #15
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, and I'd bet my life savings that if Reggie were to return next year, he'd be less likely to get injured than you-know-who.
    Does someone pull a string from your back just before you mention the injuries?

  16. #16
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,681

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does someone pull a string from your back just before you mention the injuries?
    Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. "" ""

  17. #17
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's also 2005, not 1995.
    Reggie contributed a hell of lot more to his team this past season than Brad did to his. "We're down 2-0 to the Sonics guys, but don't worry, Brad will be full-strength next game and save the series."

  18. #18
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Reggie coming back is about as likely to happen as me playing by someone else's rules besides my own, which I would never do. I play by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own.

    Also, I don't date dudes.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  19. #19
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baiting is trolling. We don't take kindly to trolling. "" ""
    Sorry I failed another test. Gotta stick up for you buddy, huh?

    Stick to photoshop.

  20. #20
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie contributed a hell of lot more to his team this past season than Brad did to his. "We're down 2-0 to the Sonics guys, but don't worry, Brad will be full-strength next game and save the series."
    Now you just look stupid. This is a ridiculous argument.

  21. #21
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie coming back is about as likely to happen as me playing by someone else's rules besides my own, which I would never do. I play by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own.

    Also, I don't date dudes.
    "I'm here to pick you up."

  22. #22
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,681

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry I failed another test. Gotta stick up for you buddy, huh?

    Stick to photoshop.
    Ouch........

  23. #23
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ouch........


    Poor cow
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  24. #24
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,681

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    Moooooooooo........

  25. #25
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Wonder if Reggie has had the same thoughts?

    I get mad about this because I care about what happened. So when I see anyone find pleasure in twisting things to yank on my chain or anyone who feels like I do, I get really angry. If that wasn't obvious before, I hope it is now, and will be considered in the future before any more chain-pulling exercises are used. It just sickens me to no end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •