Thread: O/T: The "Flakers" and the Referees

joro

Default O/T: The "Flakers" and the Referees

In tonight's game (March 15), going into overtime tied at 102, the Los Angeles Flakers have shot 48 free throws, compared to the Orlando Sleight-of-Hand, who have shot 28.

What do you think: is this
    an accident; or
    just the way the game played out; or
    more proof that the officials give the Flakers "most-favored-team" consideration?

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: O/T: The "Flakers" and the Referees

Kobe's been raping McGrady all throughout the 4th quarter and OT.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Last shot of regulation by McGrady was just a travesty. He got mauled, right in front of the ref. Made the shot anyway, but it didn't count.

Amazing shot... best I've seen all year. Too bad it was late.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

From what I've been told from people who are watching the game, the Lakers have come out and play more aggresively than the Magic. Aggressive play = calls = more freethrows.

I don't believe in the ref/laker conspiracy.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

From what I've been told from people who are watching the game, the Lakers have come out and play more aggresively than the Magic. Aggressive play = calls = more freethrows.

Kobe started to catch a little fire and they did get more aggresive, but they're letting Kobe slap McGrady silly on the Magic offensive end.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

joro

Last shot of regulation by McGrady was just a travesty. He got mauled, right in front of the ref. Made the shot anyway, but it didn't count.

Amazing shot... best I've seen all year. Too bad it was late.
    They mugged him, took his wallet, and left him bleeding.

Seriously, it looked like they were about to give the Flakers a two-point take-down on that shot -- oh, wait, wrong sport!

Maybe THAT's the sport these ref's were trained in -- WRESTLING!

Horrific! Inconceivable!

duaneok66

Thank you . . . the best post of the thread . . . the Lakers have AT LEAST three guys that ALWAYS get to the free throw line, and who does the Magic have that can attack the goal besides TMac???

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched the game. The Magic PURPOSELY hacked people at the rim, especially shaq. Grow up people. TMac's last shot was all ball.

You guys are starting to make me feel SORRY for the lakers, something i didnt even know possible. Sheesh.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

TMac's last shot was all ball.
    KStat, man, we love you and all, but you cannot be serious.

Last shot in regulation? He got fouled like three times! And if it was all ball and a clean block, how did he hit that shot from the three-point line?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!