Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

udi

Default TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

http://forum-english.tzahevet.co.il/...ic.php?p=96#96

39 MB CLIP FROM TZAHEVET THE BIGGEST MACCABI FANS WEB SITE TO SARUNAS

Default Re: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Well, if you watch the video without knowing anything about the background of the story, you could really believe that it's a tribute video made for his funerals, especially with the Andrea Bocelli's song.

It's a good video, but you Maccabi fans (or at least the guy who made the vid) should take it more lightly. There's a life after Saras for the Maccabi.

edit: I mean, just watch the Pacers after Reggie. It's tough to lose him, but look, it's time to move on for you too.

3ptmiller

I almost cryed watchin that video lol

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seeing that video was the first time I watched Sarunas play and all I can say is OH MY GOD. This dude is the real deal. this season should be amazing. Someone should make one of those videos for Reggie.

I don't know, I saw a lot of hot-dogging and wide open shots. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "We welcome you all from all around Europe visiting at the homo of the European champ."

That Forum rulez

Can you please edit that post? not that there is anything wrong with it but ..

man, did he mean a lot to that team or what? Any player that is liked that much must have a lot of heart and might have given a lot of effort. I am starting to feel good about this pick. We are replacing Reggie with kind of a Reggie in his own right.

Call me bitter if you want but I saw nothing but weak interior defense on every inside shot I saw in that vidio.

I kept counting the number of times that Chauncey Billups would have picked off those half-assed passes & ran them the length of the court.

Good God do they even touch each other over there in Europe on defense? Litteraly I wanted to while I was watching that interior defense.

I've found the solution for Jon Bender, go to Europe. He would score 100 points a game over there because he would never be injured because he would never have contact.

I'll give this Saras guy the benefit of the doubt, but until I see him do that in an NBA setting I won't hang my hopes for the season on this.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Let's just hope he brings that kind of success to our team.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

SjA3837

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Call me bitter if you want but I saw nothing but weak interior defense on every inside shot I saw in that vidio.

I kept counting the number of times that Chauncey Billups would have picked off those half-assed passes & ran them the length of the court.

Good God do they even touch each other over there in Europe on defense? Litteraly I wanted to while I was watching that interior defense.

I've found the solution for Jon Bender, go to Europe. He would score 100 points a game over there because he would never be injured because he would never have contact.

I'll give this Saras guy the benefit of the doubt, but until I see him do that in an NBA setting I won't hang my hopes for the season on this.

What about when he torched the USA team? They weren't exactly picking off his passes left and right, or smothering him with their superior interior defense.

SjA3837

Even with weak defense, running down the court, and hitting a 3 pointer with a man on you isn't all that easy.

His no look passes are incredible, with weak defense or not. And a lot of those are on a fast break. On a fast break... the defense doesn't exactly have a chance to get position.

WOW some of those passes were amazing. Any offensive ability this guy has is bonus to his passing.

This guy is going to be great coming off the bench. I see him being a low key guy stats wise, but very important in us winning games.

Maybe in a year or two if he can easily adjust to the NBA he could he starter material who knows.

I like his chances, he plays with fire and intensity...from what the tape shows. I think guys like Sjack and Dale (if we have him) will really like this guy.

SjA3837

You leave out the part... that a lot of those were on a fastbreak, where the defense hasn't exactly established position yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

What about when he torched the USA team? They weren't exactly picking off his passes left and right, or smothering him with their superior interior defense.
    Oh please....

Again, in an NBA game, (which I clearly stated) not some all-star game. Gary Payton is an old man & doesn't have 1/3 of the game left in him he had but I will tell you now, from what I saw in that vidio, he would eat this guy alive.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

And how were his passes half-assed? They look to be creative and zippy to me, it's not like he telegraphed them.

Mood

Smile Re: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Well, if you watch the video without knowing anything about the background of the story, you could really believe that it's a tribute video made for his funerals, especially with the Andrea Bocelli's song.

It's a good video, but you Maccabi fans (or at least the guy who made the vid) should take it more lightly. There's a life after Saras for the Maccabi.

edit: I mean, just watch the Pacers after Reggie. It's tough to lose him, but look, it's time to move on for you too.

dude... you obviously do not have a clue about Maccabi's or their country's passion for the sport and how it affects their culture. Giving out a tribute to one of their most adored players of all time and being passionate is not a sign of being stuck-up. I just think your reaction was shallow and Maccabi fans needn't your expert advice. Great video! Been a Saras fan since the 2000 olympics! Can't wait to see him in our blue and gold!

Oh please....

Again, in an NBA game, (which I clearly stated) not some all-star game. Gary Payton is an old man & doesn't have 1/3 of the game left in him he had but I will tell you now, from what I saw in that vidio, he would eat this guy alive.
    All-star game? This was the Olympics.

How can you know this? He hasn't even played in the NBA.

The only time he played against NBA talent, he torched them. I don't see how he is so doomed.

Mood

That's what they said about Ginobili too.. It's cool, you're as Homer as it gets. You can't compare players by theory and through clips. Chauncey Billups stealing those passes he says. Those low stabs at Euro league and Jonathan Bender are really ignorant and distasteful but then again, whatever right? It's your opinion and though Saras may not have the athletic ability GP and Chauncey possess this guy is a big time clutch player with mad range and a bigger heart! Sounds like that white dude from french lick... Who else was that other guy who people said did not play D and was too frail? Oh yea right was his name Reggie? Real recognizes real. Larry Bird scouted and recruited him personally. Saras will not be the Pacers saviour but he sure as hell is capabale of contributing a lot!

For the overseas posters -

Who is the bigger international star, Manu or Saras? Just wondering.

I'm guessing Manu, although I have no clue whatsoever, really.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    That's what they said about Ginobili too.. It's cool, you're as Homer as it gets. You can't compare players by theory and through clips. Chauncey Billups stealing those passes he says. Those low stabs at Euro league and Jonathan Bender are really ignorant and distasteful but then again, whatever right? It's your opinion and though Saras may not have the athletic ability GP and Chauncey possess this guy is a big time clutch player with mad range and a bigger heart! Sounds like that white dude from french lick... Who else was that other guy who people said did not play D and was too frail? Oh yea right was his name Reggie? Real recognizes real. Larry Bird scouted and recruited him personally. Saras will not be the Pacers saviour but he sure as hell is capabale of contributing a lot!

Hey guys, he just called me a homer......

Any of you Artest fans want to join in & call me a homer as well????

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    All-star game? This was the Olympics.

How can you know this? He hasn't even played in the NBA.

The only time he played against NBA talent, he torched them. I don't see how he is so doomed.

Our Olymic team is an all-star team. Well, except our last one.

We do not have a national team that competes together year after year, they gather together & practice for a few weeks & then go play what is tantamount to them AAU ball. In other words a few plays but mostly free style.

Look I'm not taking anything away from the teams that beat us in the Olypics, they won we lost. Fair & Square.

But it was NOT an NBA game, with NBA rules. FIFA rules & NBA rules are differant. That is why Oscar Schmidt (I think that was his name) could just kill us in the Olympics & world games but could not break any NBA rotation at all.

Don't get me wrong, this Saras guy may be this good. I'm not trying to say he won't be. I'm just saying in the vidio highlights I saw, I think the interior defense was weak (at best).

Mood

Talking Re: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

raayyyytttttt homie.... but you could not take a way from the man's skill regardless and reduce it to "half-assed" tags. maybe if you watched more than those highlights perhaps you'll have a better idea how good a player this guy is. and trust me none of his passes are any less "assed" than any of Reggie's.

the NBA defense is a lot better but its not as if Larry Brown, Popovich and the rest who faced Saras in the olympics in 2000 & 2004 threw away all of that just coz it was the olympics. They scouted this guy, threw schemes at him, threw every good NBA defender we had on this guy its not as if you play zone defense that you dont play a guy one on one anymore. From Jkidd to Wade up to Odom, this guy is a gamer and found ways to be effective. He makes smart plays, doesnt over dribble, great insticts and uses the pick and roll like JStock on top of that a killer shooting hand, nerves of steel and great leadership.

He has 's leadership and savvy, 's shooting, :artest:'s fighting spirit and none of the NBA attitude. He may struggle to adjust just as Ginobili, Stojakovic and the others before him did, but he will never quit. He is all about winning. Take note he took less money (about 2 mil per) to be with the Pacers because he wants to play for a contender and has developed great mutual respect with Larry Legend.

I understand your skepticism, but really if you're a Pacer fan, I think you've had enough of the negativity from last season and should be delighted and positive about this acquisition. (seriously could we have gotten a better PG for the $$$?) Dooling 2 Orlando for 9mil?

Just Imagining Jasikevicius, Artest, JO and Jack together on the court gives me goosebumps. Should be a great year fellas.

It did appear that the interior defense was a bit porous. Leave his basketball skills, to an extent the weaknesses can be covered for in a system - there are intangibles that are very important in winning basketball games that I think Saras brings here - he is been a winner everywhere, he has a lot of passion, he motvates his teammates, seems to be good for team chemistry, etc.

The fact remains that he torched U.S olympic team no less. (but that was when he was da man - people like Saras tend to be tentative when there are not da man)

udi

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    "We welcome you all from all around Europe visiting at the homo of the European champ."

That Forum rulez

http://forum-english.tzahevet.co.il/viewtopic.php?p=2#2
    THX