Thread: Eddie Jones to Memphis?

Default Eddie Jones to Memphis?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2122201

And still, Miami is apparently considering a major shake-up.

The Miami Herald, quoting unnamed league sources, reported Monday that the Heat may trade Jones to the Memphis Grizzlies for point guard Jason Williams and small forward James Posey.

Default Re: Eddie Jones to Memphis?

Why would Memphis ever do that?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Why would anyone want Jason Williams?

The James Posey part I understand, but ...

Surely Memphis would dump him.. but i still don't get it... unless Memphis gets some draft picks it's insane...

White Chocolate is no superstar but he's solid and Posey can be a real scorer of the bench... but yeah why Memphis Why....

Eddie's a has been and his contract 2 years @ 12 mill each why why...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

foretaz

i just have a hard time seeing west take on jones contract in memphis...i believe it was west that drafted jones when he was in LA, but memphis is trying to cut payroll and im not sure this trade does that in any fashion...i also know they want desperately to get rid of williams

the 3 way trade that had walker going from boston to miami and williams going to boston seeme to make more sense,that is if boston wants williams like it seems they might and are willing to take on his contract...

if theyre not, then who knows....maybe they have to do the eddie jones trade to get rid of williams...

Wow I don't really get this move.

I understand that they need to move Jason Williams but why not just use the one time wavie rule on him?

I think that they defentily need to make a trade involing either Mike Miller, James Posey, Shane Battier, or Brian Cardinal, but now that doesn't mean u take another swingmen in return, especially Eddie Jones. Even if you are dumping J-Will.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i just have a hard time seeing west take on jones contract in memphis...i believe it was west that drafted jones when he was in LA, but memphis is trying to cut payroll and im not sure this trade does that in any fashion...i also know they want desperately to get rid of williams

the 3 way trade that had walker going from boston to miami and williams going to boston seeme to make more sense,that is if boston wants williams like it seems they might and are willing to take on his contract...

if theyre not, then who knows....maybe they have to do the eddie jones trade to get rid of williams...

And it was also West that shipped Jones and Eldon Campbell to the Hornets for Glen Rice in 1999.

That was really nothing against Jones though. Kobe couldnt get the playing time he wanted at SG with Jones around.

Mood

Everbody gets better around Shaq and as much as JWill has been a disappointment to a lot after his early Kings days, the Heat could use him at point now that DJ and Dooling are gone. Posey is solid. Yea, it's Memphis' motives that you tend to question here.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What I've heard from this is that it may become a 3 team trade with Boston that gets Miami Antoine Walker.

It could make a little sense if another team is involved as Posey and Williams could really go to Boston, and Memphis might get a little more back as well.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller