Thread: OT: Well, I'm off......

Default Re: OT: Well, I'm off......

Best of luck with the move. I'm moving myself pretty soon!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good luck with everything, I'll be moving in about 6 months myself, to Indy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm personally looking to move out of Indy myself in 3 years, after I graduate. Probably to Cali.

30 years in one place is long enough, methinks.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Shade 20X6
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm personally looking to move out of Indy myself in 3 years, after I graduate. Probably to Cali.

30 years in one place is long enough, methinks.
    30 years?! I'd say so. Unless you absolutely love where you live.

Good luck.

Are you planning to get into politics at all. Why D.C.

Vegas is good, but it would have been better to move there 4 years ago.

If you don't care where you go, move somewhere that's about to have massive increases on housing cost. Probably too late to get in on Pheonix.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Just remember that flip-flops aren't acceptable in an interview situation. Maybe if you mention your championship pedigree you'll be able to secure a spot on the 'Skins practice squad.

Best luck......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Good Luck Btown. Remember sitting down at the Denny's talking about this possible move. Remember, don't venture into the Red Zone. That's where the politicians are.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Good Luck B'Town! Be safe!

Hey man, good luck with everything it was nice to shoot the shiite with you at the forum party. Don't leak anything to newspapers without CIA clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    30 years?! I'd say so. Unless you absolutely love where you live.
    I lived in Indy since my birth, and I'll graduate just before my 30th bday.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

If you start to stick up for the Wizards, I'm going to buy you a one-way ticket to Guantanimo.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Try to find a guy by the name of Patrick Knowlton, while in D.C...

He's a great guy to talk to...

Learn a lot. Stay in touch. League Pass will be a solid investment, or the more expensive route of a friendly sports bar could work well.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    ......to DC for at least the next year, heading out early tomorrow morning.

I need to find a job pretty quickly once I get out there, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem since I'll be pretty motivated. I actually have an interview with the Redskins the day after I get out there, but not for anything substantial.

Having just graduated from IU and having spent 22 years in central Indiana, it was time to try something new.

At least you guys won't have to worry about me asking for tickets to any games again this year.

I'll try to get back online soon, but it will likely be at least 10 days before we can get internet hooked up in the house.

Guess I'll have to get League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket if I want to see how our teams are going to disappoint again this year.

Maybe BigMac and vapacersfan and I can coordinate meeting at a Wizard game this year? I'll wear my "Free Artest" T-shirt.

To all of you who have given me tickets to Pacers games and put up with me at forum parties, it was fun. Thank you. Hope I can make it back to a game or party sometime this year.

Adios.
    Count on it. I go at least once a year (sometimes there's only 1 game there per year) but we'll hook up. Sorry we didn't get together before you left. Have a safe trip and enjoy D.C. (you living in D.C., MD or VA?).

I was pretty swamped this summer, and it sounds like you were too. No big deal.

I'm living in Alexandria, VA in the Old Towne area. About a block from the King St. Metro stop.
    Very nice. My brother lives in Oakton (Fairfax County)-not too far.

I was pretty swamped this summer, and it sounds like you were too. No big deal.

I'm living in Alexandria, VA in the Old Towne area. About a block from the King St. Metro stop.
    My brother lives in Reston, just a hop, skip and a stumble away from you. I think he works in McLean. Make sure you keep in touch. I haven't been out to see him in years, but when I do, I'll let you know and we can get together, have some beers and wallow in Pacer pessimism!
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Good luck to you, man. I do get to the Virginia/West Virginia areas from time to time and I will buy you another beer.

Please keep your sense of humor and wit. It is totally refreshing, even to an old, broken-down guy like me.

Best to you, my man.

Good luck on the move btown. You're at the right age to take the opportunity to go someplace else and give it a go. If it doesn't work out then you can always go back to central Indiana and do whatever you'd be doing had you stayed but at least you'd have given it a try and not have a bunch of "what ifs" to haunt you had you never done it. We'll see ya when you get back online, take care.

Take care and have fun Btown.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Vegas is good, but it would have been better to move there 4 years ago.

If you don't care where you go, move somewhere that's about to have massive increases on housing cost. Probably too late to get in on Pheonix.
    Probably although I'm not completley sure on the prices. Tucson is a GREAT place to move to right now if you can get a place for cheap. Houses are on the cusp of jumping up in price by a huge margin. The places around Tucson are also great for making money as well as prices will probably be at least double in like 10 years or so.

My brother was telling me that one of his co-workers bought a place just outside of Tucson for $200,000, and the housing development isn't even built, but if he sold the place at that current moment he could easily get 300,000-325,000 for it. It's going to get insane out here pretty soon.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller