View Poll Results: Should the Pacers Trade 4 Magloire??

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 59.62%
  • No

21 40.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Pacer trade 4 Magloire

Sports Logo

Default Re: Should Pacer trade 4 Magloire

Can you be more specific?

I would trade for Magliore in a second if it didn't cost the Pacers either Foster or the Hulk....but I am assuming that hte Hornets wouldn't bit without either included.

But if it did cost at least Foster...then I would say no.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you be more specific?

I would trade for Magliore in a second if it didn't cost the Pacers either Foster or the Hulk....but I am assuming that hte Hornets wouldn't bit without either included.

But if it did cost at least Foster...then I would say no.
    Giving up Foster's pretty much a given. If you have Magloire and Harrison, when is Foster going to get time?

I said no originally, but now I actually mean it. I'd go hard after Brian Grant with the minimum and see what he does, but other than that we should sit relatively tight. Let's say we waive Cro and don't sign JJ or DD. Here's where we're at:

Foster / Hulk / Pollard
    JO / Bender
    Ron / Granger
    Jax / Fred
    Tins / Saras / AJ / Gill

That's 13 players. My dream scenario? We ship out Bender, Fred, Pollard, and Gill for cap space and picks. We re-sign DD and JJ. We sign Brian Grant as JO's primary backup. And we sign Snap from our summer league team. That gives us:

Foster / Hulk / DD
    JO / Grant / Edwards
    Ron / Granger / JJ
    Jax / AJ / Snap
    Tins / Saras

That's a solid 14-man lineup. We'd have 4 guys that can play the point, 6 that can play 2 guard, 4 that can play small forward, 5 (at least) that can play big forward, and 6 that can play center. We've fixed any holes. We've got a couple of drastic upgrades. We picked up some draft picks. And the total team salary is down by something like 20 million. What's not to like?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    We'd need somebody, no question. But the thing is, we need somebody now even with Cro and Bender.

Cliffy's still available. He'd be my first choice. Dale would also be a good backup PF.

Presumably we'd get somebody in return for Bender.
    Nope, Cliff's supposedly agreed to re-sign with the Nets.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Nope, Cliff's supposedly agreed to re-sign with the Nets.
    How about Brian Grant? He and Jermaine are buddy-buddy, and he'd have a chance to win. Dunno how minutes would work, though. Would he get time over Foster?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

How about Brian Grant? He and Jermaine are buddy-buddy, and he'd have a chance to win. Dunno how minutes would work, though. Would he get time over Foster?
    If we got the '04 Playoffs Grant, I'd do cartwheels. I'm afraid that he emptied his tank that series, though.

If not, I still don't know if he'd get minutes over Foster. Depends on if we're gonna run full-court this year or not.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Naptown Seth

Magloire is one of the more overrated players in the league simply because he's a former All-Star center.
    The truth is, while he's a damn solid rebounder, he's also an average scorer, and well below average shot blocker.

Jamaal Magloire's career high in BPG? 1.4
    David Harrisons BPG in 17.7 mpg as a rookie? 1.3

Jamaal Magloire's career FG%? .482
    David Harrison's FG%? .576

It's only a matter of time before Harrison is a superior player to Magloire. Perhaps as soon as thi coming season. So I say no to Magloire.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anthem, you think AJ is more likely to play the 2 then Saras?

BeastoftheEast

U think if we signed Grant ...could he compete to start cause i remember that miami series 2 years ago and i dreamed of him startin beside oneal ...........I wonder if O'Neal would go public again like last year 4 damp and say he would like help downlow and specificaly name brian grant?? im thinkin to far into this

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    Anthem, you think AJ is more likely to play the 2 then Saras?
    Not really, no. I think most backup SG minutes would be split between Saras and JJ. But it keeps people from saying "We don't have a backup SG!"

I actually think AJ is better at SG than at PG.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Foster / Hulk / DD
    JO / Grant / Edwards
    Ron / Granger / JJ
    Jax / AJ / Snap
    Tins / Saras

Hey, put him where you want. Any way you slice it, we'd be solid in the backcourt.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Hey, put him where you want. Any way you slice it, we'd be solid in the backcourt.
    I agree with you, I was just wondering if you had some reason for why you put AJ at the 2.

I agree with you, I was just wondering if you had some reason for why you put AJ at the 2.
    Because AJ would play in front of Snap. If I put AJ at PG, then it looks like Snap's a 2nd stringer and AJ's a 3rd stringer.

Snap's a 4th stringer.

Enjoy your time at PD!