View Poll Results: Should the Pacers Trade 4 Magloire??

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 59.62%
  • No

21 40.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Pacer trade 4 Magloire

BeastoftheEast

Default Should Pacer trade 4 Magloire

I've seen many reports that the Pacers are one of a few teams intrested in Magloire should they traed 4 him?

Sontayjuan

Default Re: Should Pacer trade 4 Magloire

it we dont lose anything major i'm all for it

If only it were that easy.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

since ya didnt put who we'd have to trade...john edwards..or eddie gill for him...heck maybe if they are nice we can throw in both of em'.

So far I'm the only one who voted no. I'm not actually against it, I just want to know who we are trading before I say yes. Besides, if we do a trade with NO I want Brown.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It all depends on who we give up.

He's better than Damp but I don't have the same affection for "true" centers as other poster have. I'm in the perhaps camp.

If we dont give up Jack,Tins,JO or Ron for him then I'm all for it. If one of them is in the trade then no I dont want him.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It all depends on who we give up.
    Amen.

I voted No... only because I think NO is wanting a star in return or another very talented big man.. neither of which we can afford to give away..

Dear Forum -

I said no. I like Magloire, but one of him would be enough. I don't have the foggiest clue where we'd find 3 more, and I don't know where they'd get minutes or how we'd pay for them.

Love and Kisses,

Graham.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

You've taken to that alterego a little too well.

Anyway, as we've discussed, to get Magloire we'd have to give up Harrison. Probably something like David, Freddie, and AJ.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

PCC87

I have heard something about Bender and Pollard.I think maybe something else.I am all for getting rid of Pollard and Bender.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PCC87
    I have heard something about Bender and Pollard.I think maybe something else.I am all for getting rid of Pollard and Bender.
    If we could dump Bender I am all for it. We know Pollard wont be here more than one more year anyway. So as long as that is all there is to it I would be all for it. Of course you could modify it some say throw in Gill or Edwards and I would still be ok with it. But anyone else and I say not worth it.

Magloire would average like 8 points on our team. He would be the 5th option and on the Hornets he is the second and all he had was 13 points per game.

Mood

imagine we do get him and throw in raja bell and bruce bowen... who'd ever wanna play us?

Depends at best we should give up one productive players. Not 3.

BeastoftheEast

i would assume the trade would include big contracts croshere pollard and a less of a player jj freddy......

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    imagine we do get him and throw in raja bell and bruce bowen... who'd ever wanna play us?
    And Tim Duncan and Ray Allen off the bench! w00t!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

If it only cost us players like Cro, Bender, Pollard or anyone else that is number 9 through 15 in the pecking order I say sure.

Otherwise I say no.... I think we really need to see what Harrison is going to do. There really are not that many guys with his size and ability in this league. If Harrison continues to put in the work he is going to be a very good center in this league. A perfet low post compliment to JO.

You just can't teach bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by naptown
    If it only cost us players like Cro, Bender, Pollard or anyone else that is number 9 through 15 in the pecking order I say sure.
    Well, duh.

Something tells me NO is going to ask for a bit more than our scrubs though.

Maybe if we threw in a draft pick.

IndyToad
    A box full of letters

Banned

My point was that we may have an equally talented player in Harrison and that it is not worth breaking up the nucleus of our team, because of Harrison, to get JM.

BeastoftheEast

scrubs from our team means starters for them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    If we could dump Bender I am all for it. We know Pollard wont be here more than one more year anyway. So as long as that is all there is to it I would be all for it. Of course you could modify it some say throw in Gill or Edwards and I would still be ok with it. But anyone else and I say not worth it.
    Question: If we "dump" Bender and Amnestry Cro, who is our backup PF? And don't say Foster, because we aren't going to be playing Harrison and Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Ball
    Question: If we "dump" Bender and Amnestry Cro, who is our backup PF? And don't say Foster, because we aren't going to be playing Harrison and Foster.
    We'd need somebody, no question. But the thing is, we need somebody now even with Cro and Bender.

Cliffy's still available. He'd be my first choice. Dale would also be a good backup PF.

Presumably we'd get somebody in return for Bender.

Enjoy your time at PD!