Thread: Its NJ/Boston day on NBA TV..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Its NJ/Boston day on NBA TV..

God knows why, but games 3 and 4 of the 2002 ECF will be aired today, starting at noon.

I guess if you want to see a team blow a 21-point 4th quarter lead, game 3 is the game for you.

Apparently, to make up for it, Bernard King's 60-point game against NJ will be shown at 11pm. ANy of you with NBATV who haven't yet seen this game, you're doing yourselves a huge diservice by not watching this one.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: Its NJ/Boston day on NBA TV..

Hell yes. I'd much rather watch Kidd in his prime than that Pauly Shore stuff I had on...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

What a crappy shot by Van Horn...

I forget that this was the biggest 4th-quarter choke in NBA playoff history.

How does a team with a 21-point lead get outscored 41-16 in the 4th quarter?

And yes, that last shot by Van Horn was ridiculous.

Gloat away, Pierce. It's the last game you'll win for the rest of the season.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

41-16 4th quarter, pathetic.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Speaking of the Nets ... they seem to be quite decently next year. Kidd, Carter, Jeffersion, Abdur Rahim, Krstic, a good pick and a good coach. Phoenix out east (including a drubbing in the play-offs when facing a defensive powerhouse)???

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I don't really fear anybody unless they prove to me they can compete in the frontcourt. Rahim and Krstic are ok offensive players, but they're poor defenders, and they don't intimidate anybody at the rim.

THey'll be fun to watch in the regular season, but they'll get grinded down in the playoffs. I don't see them having the same kind of playoff success, because they're missing that physical enforcer up front that KMart was.

There's a reason Rahim's teams have never been able win win games. He's very, very soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really fear anybody unless they prove to me they can compete in the frontcourt. Rahim and Krstic are ok offensive players, but they're poor defenders, and they don't intimidate anybody at the rim.

THey'll be fun to watch in the regular season, but they'll get grinded down in the playoffs. I don't see them having the same kind of playoff success, because they're missing that physical enforcer up front that KMart was.

There's a reason Rahim's teams have never been able win win games. He's very, very soft.
    Exactly. Everyone talks about how well they have recovered since letting KMart go, but I think come playoff time he is going to be sorely missed. You replace SAR with Martin, and I actually might buy into the Nets being scary come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Exactly. Everyone talks about how well they have recovered since letting KMart go, but I think come playoff time he is going to be sorely missed. You replace SAR with Martin, and I actually might buy into the Nets being scary come playoff time.
    Well, I wasn't talking about beying afraid of them, but if you replace SAR with KMart, ahemm... then I certainly would like to avoid them in the play-offs.

Compared with the team that lost in 7 games to Detroit, ok, Kidd has gone slower, but Jefferson is better and they also have this Vince-chap now instead of Kittles.

Regards,

Mourning

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Well, I wasn't talking about beying afraid of them, but if you replace SAR with KMart, ahemm... then I certainly would like to avoid them in the play-offs.

Compared with the team that lost in 7 games to Detroit, ok, Kidd has gone slower, but Jefferson is better and they also have this Vince-chap now instead of Kittles.

Regards,

Mourning
    Yeah, I know you weren't. What you said actually sounds about right, they will probably get knocked out in 6 or so when they play a tough defensive team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning

Regards,

Mourning
    the same "vince-chap" that shot a mighty %36.5 from the field in the playoffs, against a player 3 inches smaller? Not to mention he managed to shoot %31 from the arc.

Let's recap Vince's shooting last summer, and this is WITH Jefferson on his team:

game 1: 8-21
    game 2: 6-16
    game 3: 15-37
    game 4: 6-22

I don't really HAVE to worry about Jefferson, because he won't ever see the ball.

Ehmmm..... I was talking about KMart beying with the Nets instead of SAR, KStat. Adding him also makes life a lot harder on the Pistons inside players and gets the Nets a stronger and more intimidating inside presence, while with Jefferson completely healthy (unlike this past play-offs) that makes for much more room for Carter IMO and importantly more legitimate passing options for him. Also in such a team I don't see him getting away with taking that many shots.

Also ... the Nets did lose to the (then ) reigning champs with the best defense in the league, hardly an average opponent.

So, again it's not like I am crapping my pants about the Nets abilities (eww), but WITH KMart the possibility of crapping my pants would be eh.... .... .

Regards,

Mourning