Thread: With Ron, you always have to worry about when the other shoe will drop...

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Wink With Ron, you always have to worry about when the other shoe will drop...

...but at least it'll have a cool design!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...04/1004/SPORTS

• Contest time: Hey, fans, put yourselves in Ron's shoes

July 31, 2005

Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest wants to wear an original shoe design next season -- so original that he doesn't know what it's going to look like or who's going to create it.

Artest says he plans to wear a variety of shoe brands early in the season, but by midseason wants to be wearing a unique shoe that is his and his only. It wouldn't be marketed or carry a brand name other than that of his Truwarier label.

Who will design it?

He plans to take submissions from fans at his www.truwarier.com Web site and have a contest.

"It's going to be fun," he said. "I want to see who can design the best shoe."

Artest got the attention of shoe manufacturers by wearing different brands during the 2003 NBA All-Star Game in Los Angeles. He had a contract with L.A. Gear at the start of last season but lost that after the brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Nov. 19.

This one, nobody would be able to take away from him.

-- Mark Montieth

Maybe one of our more creative posters here can submit the winning design!
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Default Re: With Ron, you always have to worry about when the other shoe will drop...

Sounds fun! *Imagining* Hey look Ron's wearing the shoes i designed. *End of Imagination* lol