Thread: NBA league pass?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default NBA league pass?

I'm trying to get it for this season.

Unfortunatley, I am very stupid when it comes to this type of thing.

Those of you who have it, what do you reccomend?

Default Re: NBA league pass?

Its a great thing to have and its very worth the money, especially for fans who dont live in Indy and dont get to see the team play. I dont know how I would survive without the league pass. You should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a great thing to have and its very worth the money, especially for fans who dont live in Indy and dont get to see the team play. I dont know how I would survive without the league pass. You should get it.
    I was actually thinking about getting NBA League Pass also and I have a question. My friend told me that you had to have Direct TV to get it is that true? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SlamSally
    I was actually thinking about getting NBA League Pass also and I have a question. My friend told me that you had to have Direct TV to get it is that true? Thanks in advance.
    no but they are more reliable...

You can get it with DirecTV, Dish Network, and in some, not all, areas, Comcast Digital Cable.

Well, this would be my first time getting it. I only get to see nationally televised games because I live in San Diego. Would all of you who have already had it recommend it? Is it worth it?

I think so.

I'd say if you're an out-of-state Pacers fan and you can afford it, it would be essential.

Sports Logo

If you live outside of Indiana then Dish or a cable provider should be fine. If you live in Indiana and want all the games you need Direct TV. When I lived in Florida I had it on cable and had no problems but here in Indiana I need to have Direct TV or most of the home games are blacked out.

And yes it is worth the money. Once you get it you wont be able to remember how you lived without it.

I think I'm going to get it through Comcast, since that's the cable provider I already have. I have the basic cable though, I don't even have the thing that tells you what show you're watching.

It won't be too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    If you live outside of Indiana then Dish or a cable provider should be fine. If you live in Indiana and want all the games you need Direct TV. When I lived in Florida I had it on cable and had no problems but here in Indiana I need to have Direct TV or most of the home games are blacked out.

And yes it is worth the money. Once you get it you wont be able to remember how you lived without it.
    Thats what I figured, its been torture having to "watch" the games on ESPN.com. I think last season I was able to watch about 5 or 6 Pacers games, not including the playoffs. I'm actually really excited that this is the year I decided to get it, i'm pretty sure I won't be able to live with out it from now on.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't live without it.

Heck, I couldn't live without it when I lived in Indy. Let alone now.

I prefer the DirecTV version, but then again I've also had both the NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass since their inception on DirecTV.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

PacerNation

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    I think I'm going to get it through Comcast, since that's the cable provider I already have. I have the basic cable though, I don't even have the thing that tells you what show you're watching.

It won't be too expensive.
    Unfortunately it sounds to me like you don't have digital cable. If that's the case, you don't have the ability to subscribe to NBA League Pass. In which case, you'll have to get that installed.

So plan on adding a few more dollars to the expenses column on top of the LP subscription itself.

All said and done... LP is heaven.

On that note, I'm moving to Baltimore for my first job...is there anyone from out there who is familiar with Digital Tier? I hear it's cheaper than Comcast Digital. However, if that's the case does it offer NBA LP? If not, it can never be cheap enough for me to choose it over Comcast.

Quote Originally Posted by SlamSally
    Well, this would be my first time getting it. I only get to see nationally televised games because I live in San Diego. Would all of you who have already had it recommend it? Is it worth it?
    I have had it for 4 years now, EVEN THOUGH I live in the Indy area and already have local coverage. Why? Because the $160-190 price is VERY affordable considering the cost for a pair of tickets to 1 or 2 games is the same.

I really enjoy turning it on at 10PM on a Thurs night in January and being able to channel surf Suns/Grizz, Pistons/Wolves, Rockets/Mavs or some other interesting matchup, even if it's just for a quarter or so. You get a much better feel for the league and some of the teams, players by listening to other announcing crews and seeing them outside of Pacers blinders.

Ugh, I hate these threads. I work nights, so it's no use for me to get LP, because I'd miss all the west coast games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    Ugh, I hate these threads. I work nights, so it's no use for me to get LP, because I'd miss all the west coast games.
    You Work??? I'm so sorry.

PacerNation

Just to clarify, Digital Tier is digital cable. Is there anyone from the Baltimore area that is familiar with it? Does it offer NBA LP?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNation
    Unfortunately it sounds to me like you don't have digital cable. If that's the case, you don't have the ability to subscribe to NBA League Pass. In which case, you'll have to get that installed.

So plan on adding a few more dollars to the expenses column on top of the LP subscription itself.
    Yeah, I know.

But I already have Comcast cable, so upgrading to digital cable is cheaper, and league pass comes with the package.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    I'm trying to get it for this season.

Unfortunatley, I am very stupid when it comes to this type of thing.

Those of you who have it, what do you reccomend?

I had it for the 03-04 season, it's great except when you have to hear the Celtic announcers.