Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,837

    Default Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Well at least the Knicks schedule is. What the NBA does is they do a preliminary schedule send it to the teams and then teams do have a chance to request changes and then the league might make a few changes and the final schedule comes out a few days later.



    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-284142c.html
    Brown's debut
    in Boston





    Larry Brown will make his debut as Knicks head coach Nov. 2 when his new team opens the 2005-06 season against the Celtics in Boston.
    One month later, Brown will return to Detroit for the first time since his nasty divorce from the Pistons last week. According to a team source, the Knicks are scheduled to play the Pistons on Dec. 2. The NBA is expected to officially release its 2005-06 schedules sometime within the next five days.

    The game at the Palace of Auburn Hills figures to be an emotional one for Brown, who led the Pistons to back-to-back NBA Finals and won the title in 2004. There is a possibility that Brown will miss the game because he is scheduled to return to the Mayo Clinic sometime in December.

    Brown said yesterday that he doesn't expect to miss any games but that if he did, Herb Williams would take over the head-coaching responsibilities. Brown will soon announce his coaching staff, which is expected to include Dave Hanners, Phil Ford and Paul Westphal.


    Frank Isola

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    The NBA is expected to officially release its 2005-06 schedules sometime within the next five days.
    That'd be kind of nice; something to think about and talk about for a day or two.

  3. #3
    PacerNthaDesert
    Guest

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That'd be kind of nice; something to think about and talk about for a day or two.
    Yep, and for us out of staters to plan our trips to Indy. Gotta love those Friday-Saturday back-to-backs.

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Yep, and for us out of staters to plan our trips to Indy
    Indeed.

    I'm already beginning to miss that lady that was screaming for "roughing the passer" on a botched alley-oop

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Great news! I'm planning on coming down to catch a game during my March break, and on the way back up, stopping by in Chicago as well to catch a game at the United Centre.

  6. #6
    PacerNthaDesert
    Guest

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    I really enjoy watching NBA in Chicago, they know how to do it over there.

  7. #7
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That'd be kind of nice; something to think about and talk about for a day or two.
    Yep, can't wait to see whose the poster this year who complains that we've got more back-to-backs than normal.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. #8
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really enjoy watching NBA in Chicago, they know how to do it over there.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. #9
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really enjoy watching NBA in Chicago, they know how to do it over there.
    What are you talking about?

    The UC is the most awful arena I have ever been to, and I have been to quite a few.

    I only go to Bulls games to see the Pacers, I would never go there for any other reason.

  10. #10
    PacerNthaDesert
    Guest

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you talking about?

    The UC is the most awful arena I have ever been to, and I have been to quite a few.

    I only go to Bulls games to see the Pacers, I would never go there for any other reason.

    How in the world can you say its awful? Maybe you guys have been there more than I, but I've been to 3 games there (2 pacer games and 1 knick game) and thought it was a good atmoshere for NBA basketball. The fans were quality in there unlike Conseco where you can hear your fair share of f bombs, the arena is clean, the PA guy is good, and the music and sound effects are well done also. I didn't say the UC was the greatest thing since sliced bread, I said they put on a good show there.

  11. #11
    PacerNthaDesert
    Guest

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    I like how the two Chicago guys called me out on that..

  12. #12
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Next season schedule is starting to leak out

    Uh... The U.C. is okay; nothing more.

    Its a hockey arena, so the sightlines stink.

    I don't care for the bright, flashing ad boards that encompass the arena - very distracting.

    I DO really like that enhanced stat boards they use, I wish CFH would add those.

    I've actually sat in the front row of The UC, behind the basket, for a game. The Luvabulls were right in front of us. Jay's_Wife@Section204 said, "Well, now I know what it must feel like to go to a strip club with the Luvabulls gyrating right in front of us all game long." And the problem is, just like the Pacemates, they look much better through binoculars than up-close and in-person.

    Anyway, I always feel like the sideshow in Chicago is just as important as the game, although the Pacers crowds have really deteriorated in the same way. The loudest cheer each game is for the Dunkin Donuts race.

    The fans that have endured the past several seasons are knowledgable, but there aren't many of them left. And man, if you think I've got bad things to say about Artest, the fans that actually tried to put up with him as he undermined the Bulls organization make me look tame.

    There aren't many NBA fans in Chicago - its all about the Big Ten. Oh sure, there are millions of bandwagon jumpers around here, but not many that cared enough about the NBA or the Bulls to stand by them when they were down. Now, they will stick with the Bears through thick and thin, so maybe they just don't have any more capacity for that.

    I think Chicago is generally overrated as a sports town, but I also think there are only two major sports (Basketball and football), so I don't care how much they care about those other teams.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •