Thread: I forgot to mention this from the Raptors game....

Default I forgot to mention this from the Raptors game....

At the half-time, after the God awful kiss the pig segment, the Indiana Pacers paid tribute to the living members of the Indiana chapter of the Tuskegee airmen.

There was a group of about 12 members present.

They recieved a well deserved standing ovation from the crowd.

The reason I mention this is because I think it's important to point out that only three players from either team took the time to stand & clap while the rest of them did layup drills.

Al Harrington & Reggie Miller of the Indiana Pacers both clapped.

& for all of the bashing he takes for some of his antics & lack of heart Vince Carter earned a heaping dose of respect from me because he is the only player that actually stopped running, stood & applauded. He went right back to the layup line but he did stop.

Truth be told every person in that fieldhouse should have marched to the floor & hoisted them up on our shoulders & celebrated true hero's.

But the franchise deserves credit for recognizing these men.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

duaneok66

Default Re: I forgot to mention this from the Raptors game....

At the half-time, after the God awful kiss the pig segment, the Indiana Pacers paid tribute to the living members of the Indiana chapter of the Tuskegee airmen.

There was a group of about 12 members present.

They recieved a well deserved standing ovation from the crowd.

The reason I mention this is because I think it's important to point out that only three players from either team took the time to stand & clap while the rest of them did layup drills.

& for all of the bashing he takes for some of his antics & lack of heart Vince Carter earned a heaping dose of respect from me because he is the only player that actually stopped running, stood & applauded. He went right back to the layup line but he did stop.

Truth be told every person in that fieldhouse should have marched to the floor & hoisted them up on our shoulders & celebrated true hero's.

But the franchise deserves credit for recognizing these men.
    great post . . .

& for all of the bashing he takes for some of his antics & lack of heart Vince Carter earned a heaping dose of respect from me because he is the only player that actually stopped running, stood & applauded.

I think it's little things like that that say a lot about a person and how they were raised. Nice post.

Sports Logo

That goes right along with what Vescey said in his article about things he loves about the NBA.

"that Al Harrington stands at attention with his hand over his heart durring the national anthem"