View Poll Results: Which Pacer(s) will we lose in the forthcoming trade?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Artest

    3 2.40%
  • Jonathon Bender

    16 12.80%
  • Austin Croshere

    16 12.80%
  • Jeff Foster

    9 7.20%
  • Eddie Gill

    40 32.00%
  • Danny Granger

    1 0.80%
  • David Harrison

    2 1.60%
  • Stephen Jackson

    2 1.60%
  • Anthony Johnson

    68 54.40%
  • Fred Jones

    68 54.40%
  • Jermaine O'Neal

    4 3.20%
  • Scot Pollard

    58 46.40%
  • Jamaal Tinsley (BYC)

    4 3.20%
  • Dale Davis (S&T)

    10 8.00%
  • John Edwards (S&T)

    12 9.60%
  • James Jones (S&T)

    10 8.00%
  • Reggie's contract

    8 6.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: the (practically) inevitable trade

  1. #101
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    This sounds really random, but I have to say that seeing and rooting for all of our guys last year makes me want to keep them all. (Except for a choice few, of course ).

    Last year was like a great battle against the odds. Nearly every Pacers player played the role of hero at one point or another, and I hate the thought of trading away our heros.

  2. #102
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be true only if you assume that we are 100% racist. Otherwise there would exist a possibilty of 2 groups of people (Bird and us) NOT being racist and the total of racism being assumed by an unnamed group. Statistically possible you see.
    That's what I think as well. I was being sarcastic on PD being racist.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    I don't see GS giving up Troy Murphy at this point.... They have very good penetrators/creators in BD / Dunleavy and JRich... and would benefit tnem greatly in keeping a perimeter shooter such as Murphy. Beside they already have their Foster-like guy in Foyle... and drafted another interior grinder in Diogu. and the fact is Foster is coming off 2 hip surguries, that should quell at least a little bit a teams enthusiasm in aquiring him.

    Our expiring contracts may be more appealing to us than the value they return.... I could possibly see us trading AJ or Bender for future considerations(draft picks).

    Unless we can pull off something crazy for Magloire ... i don't see us doing anything too big... but who knows?..

  4. #104
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Looking at the voting record, it looks like Jay got Peck on the "trade all 15 players" bandwagon.

  5. #105
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at the voting record, it looks like Jay got Peck on the "trade all 15 players" bandwagon.




    Why Not Us ?


  6. #106

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    I'm not sure why so many people think Freddie will be traded. He is the only backup at SG. I guess Saras can play the SG as well, but it seems inconceivable that Freddie is on the block. AJ seems the sure bet to go IMO. Pollard seems the most likely after that.

  7. #107
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Of course its great that if the Pacers add a solid starter from another team....but we are so stacked in the entire roster....we won't find minutes to play the guy.

    At this point.....the Pacers do not need a star player....they need backup role players to fill needs...like 3 pt shooting ( which Sarunas hopefully fills ) or someone that rebounds and block shots for about 15-20 minutes a game.

    I am still in favor of trading JJ before Freddie or AJ....cuz I don't want to lose Freddie's defense and the option to have 3 solid PGs in the rotation. I'm only weary of losing Freddie cuz I don't want to place all my eggs in the "Sarunas and AJ" as backup SGs basket until we are sure that they can fill that role ( which they will likely do ).

    But I can see that trading either JJ or Freddie can only make room for AJ in the end at the SG spot....which I am totally in favor of.

  8. #108
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,797

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    BTW...Gill ain't going anywhere by himself...he will only be included as part of 2+ player trade.

  9. #109
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Well thank you Hicks - you made my point whether you realize it or not

    Put your Celtics starter jackets and your Ford belt buckles away guys, just because a guy is tall and white does not mean Bird will go after him "Because he reminds him of himself"
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  10. #110
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well thank you Hicks - you made my point whether you realize it or not
    Why would I not realize it? That's the whole reason I posted it.

  11. #111
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Seriously - re-read what you just wrote.

    You are saying that is perfectly natural for Larry to prefer white guys? Or are you saying it is perfectly natural for rednecks to root for Larry because he looks like them (including the peach fuzz cheesey mustache)?

    It is disturbong to me to hear people say that Larry wants a guy because he reminds him of himself - which means - he can shoot, he can pass, and he is WHITE. Maybe I am seeing more than is there - but that sure seems racist, and it bugs me. That's all - let's just move on.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  12. #112
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Larry is a racial lightning rod - to think he is not is wrong.

    And countless times people assume that Larry will go after the white guy and it is always unspoken - and I think there are ALWAYS racial undertones when you say Larry will go after someone because he reminds them oh himself....

    I am a white guy, but I have always been embarassed by the racist feelings I think Larry has inspired in people of my home state.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  13. #113
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,006

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    what the He** happenned to this topic???
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  14. #114
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is a racial lightning rod - to think he is not is wrong.

    And countless times people assume that Larry will go after the white guy and it is always unspoken - and I think there are ALWAYS racial undertones when you say Larry will go after someone because he reminds them oh himself....

    I am a white guy, but I have always been embarassed by the racist feelings I think Larry has inspired in people of my home state.

    based on these comments and others.....

    it appears u may be the one with the real prejudice towards race....

    the fact that its reverse racism makes no difference....

  15. #115
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Foretaz - sorry to disappoiunt you, I am a white guy who is sick of my race worshiping Larry as the Great White Hope and looking for the next one
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  16. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    740

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Pollard and Freddie I think are the two most likely candidates. Only because they are last contract year players. So they will be the most attractive to other teams wanting to clear cap space.

    I really do not see any of the core being traded before the season starts. Although, if things are not going the way Bird wants by the trade deadline, you will probably see a shake up of the nucleus then.

  17. #117
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is disturbong to me . . .
    Depression does not justify substance abuse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •