View Poll Results: Which Pacer(s) will we lose in the forthcoming trade?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Artest

3 2.40%
  • Jonathon Bender

16 12.80%
  • Austin Croshere

16 12.80%
  • Jeff Foster

9 7.20%
  • Eddie Gill

40 32.00%
  • Danny Granger

1 0.80%
  • David Harrison

2 1.60%
  • Stephen Jackson

2 1.60%
  • Anthony Johnson

68 54.40%
  • Fred Jones

68 54.40%
  • Jermaine O'Neal

4 3.20%
  • Scot Pollard

58 46.40%
  • Jamaal Tinsley (BYC)

4 3.20%
  • Dale Davis (S&T)

10 8.00%
  • John Edwards (S&T)

12 9.60%
  • James Jones (S&T)

10 8.00%
  • Reggie's contract

8 6.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the (practically) inevitable trade

Default the (practically) inevitable trade

As Sphere just pointed out, everybody seems to be convinced a trade is pending, perhaps as early as when the CBA finally gets nailed down.

My question is, who are we going to lose? And no, this isn't a "For the love of God, please let us get rid of that *******" type of deal. I want to know who you think we will actually trade, though some of you can never see the difference.

BYC is basically a reminder that we aren't trading Tinsley. I'll let one of the capologists explain.

S&T is sign-and-trade.

And FYI, the trade is public, in case you're planning on pulling a "Jay trades the entire team" scenario.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Default Re: the (practically) inevitable trade

As I've said in the past, I think it's Freddie and Scot. The possibility of us not re-signing Dale gives me pause where Pollard is concerned, but if we can get a good offensive-minded big man in such a deal, I can see it happening.

As for Fred, everybody knows the reasons. There's been hints in the media that we don't plan to extend him, Bruno called Cabbage a 2-guard, and Freddie's a marketable commodity. Combine him with an ending contract, and he should be able to get a decent player in return.

Wow, dd00 says we're trading Jeff and Scot and Freddie and AJ and Gill and an S&T'd JJ.

Care to tell us who we'll get for all that? I certainly hope more than one player.

woman without a team

When I voted I forgot about Scot. I would have voted for him too.

Hearing anything, dd00?

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, dd00 says we're trading Jeff and Scot and Freddie and AJ and Gill and an S&T'd JJ.
    Where is he saying that?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm very confused.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually Kegboy, I'm just thinking any combo of those 6 goes in a 3 for 1 deal.Most assume Pollard will be moved but I just have a feeling Jeff Foster is being actively shopped.

As for Fred and James , I'd not be shocked if both were gone come the beginning of the season. Johnson and Gill , do the Pacers really need 4 point guards.

As for what or who , the Pacers will trade for if its not Jamal Magliore , I have an odd feeling it will be a deal for someone totally out of left field . But I definately think its a pf/c type.

Larry Bird , wants to put his mark on this franchise , I think he'll be far more active than Donnie Walsh was. I see him adding a more veteran touch to the bench.

A player like Troy Murphy would not suprise me either. A tall 6'10 pf type who boards and hits 3's.

Harmonica

Do I have DD00 on ignore and I'm not aware of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Do I have DD00 on ignore and I'm not aware of it?
    It's a public poll, so you can click on votes to see who made them. I think that's all they're referring to, not an actual post to the thread...
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Unless we got some type of offer we can refuse, and the trading team has not money at all to sign FA, I dont see us doing a S&T with JJ. If we re-sign him ti will be to keep him. IMO

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think if Dikembe Mutombo and Vlade Divac either one could be good low market trades. However, both are old as dirt and Divac is borderline retired.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I voted for Pollard, Freddie and AJ. I also voted for Croshere but I don't think he will traded - he will be released. Upon looking at those names some things popped out at me - I don't think many of those players are looked upon as highly as we Pacers fans look upon them. I don't think Foster and James Jones are highly regarded across the league. We Pacers fans think that if we offered both of them for Shaq then the Heat would be silly not to jump on them. I think AJ is thought of higher than he is around here. B/U PG's w/playoff experience are a valuable asset. Pollard is valuable because of his expiring contract. Freddie has shown improvement every year and he has shown that he could be a special player now.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

any trade we make will be a 2-1 or 3-1. i personally think it's going to be some combination of fred, AJ, and pollard. i think foster could be included if it's a quality player in return (ie. magloire).

i wouldn't mind doug christie....he's a solid vet who could aid in a title run and is coming off the books next year. he brings a lot of intangibles when healthy.

lorenzen wright, al harrington, jamal magloire, pj brown, james posey, & antoine walker (S&T) are other names that come to mind.

i think nene is on the block too, but i doubt we have the firepower to pull that off w/o giving up our core.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    It's a public poll, so you can click on votes to see who made them.
    Damned if I don't learn something new every day.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Not Doug Christie! Especially not Mrs. Christie! But I would rather keep AJ than get Christie.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Why Not Us ?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Wow, I didn't even look at the results when I voted for AJ, Fred and Pollard.

Of course, I still get "I told you so" rights if Foster is traded.

If we do trade Foster, whoever we bring in needs to be a helluva rebounder

. I cant imagine losing Dale and Foster as we were not the strongest rebounding team as it was.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Troy Murphy is a player who few notice. But last season he averaged 15 ppg , 11 rpg and hit 40% of his 3's. The Warriors signed him to a longterm 5 year ,expensive contract starts at over 7 mil this season.

The Warriors then drafted Ike Diogu in the 1st round another pf. Ike dominated in the Rookie/ Free agent summer league.

Mullin, has drafted and traded for young Euro big men Biedrens and Cabarkapa , both who looked very good in Summer league also. Plus he has the overpaid Foyle as a center.

A trade that works is Foster and Fred Jones for Murphy. Foster would give them a solid more defense minded and pick setting bigman for Baron Davis , Dunleavy and Jason Richardson. While Fred would team with Derek Fisher as their backup guards.

Bird would add a solid scoring bigman to anchor the Pacer bench. Murphy at 6'11 245 has a lot of Brad Miller in his attitude. Murphy also would bring a pf/c type who can hit the 15' and beyond jumper. He has had some health problems in the past.

But I see him as the type of player Bird likes , a player who battles and can score. To me he'd fit well as JO's backup and playing alongside him , adding the range jumper when JO and Ron post up. Drawing a big man away from the hoop. He's a better Austin Croshere type. I think Bird sees a lot of himself in Murphy.

When healthy Murphy has had 2 seasons in the last 3 that he's posted double double season averages. Just a wild trade idea on my part but I see Bird doing something no one expects.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whooooaa Nellie! Spicoli voted!!

I thought I smelled garlic.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

I guess I'm kind of curious as to why everyone thinks we'll move Pollard. Ending contracts are valuable, but his contract is more valuable to us than to anyone else in the league.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I guess I'm kind of curious as to why everyone thinks we'll move Pollard. Ending contracts are valuable, but his contract is more valuable to us than to anyone else in the league.
    Personally, I imagine us moving him, plus another player or two, for a single post player with some offensive skills whose contract also expires at the end of this season. That way, we still get the contract off the payroll at the end of the year plus a player that fits a need more than Pollard and any of the other outgoing players.

Anyone know where we can find a list of players in the last year of their contract (i.e., 2006 free agents)?

EDIT - Here's a list of 2006 FAs I found at HoopsWorld.com:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_13008.shtml

A few PF/C possibilities: Al Harrington, Antonio Davis, Clarence Weatherspoon, Drew Gooden, Kelvin Cato, Lorenzen Wright, Matt Harpring, Michael Olowokandi, Nazr Mohammed, Stanisslav Medvedenko, Tim Thomas.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Man... I am quite the rebel....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Man... I am quite the rebel....

-Bball
    Still holding out for that KG trade, huh?