Thread: I wanted to put this video out here because it actually shows the first shot Danny made after he came back from injury

Default I wanted to put this video out here because it actually shows the first shot Danny made after he came back from injury

I've talked many times about this but haven't been able to find it till this video. The vid itself is kind of amateurish but overall is fair. There were things he said I didn't agree with and I'm sure there are things he said that Granger haters will not agree with so that probably makes it even handed overall.

Overall though it just makes me long for the days when Frank Vogel led a group of young players who made sure that Derrick Rose would never forget the sounds of defiance.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: I wanted to put this video out here because it actually shows the first shot Danny made after he came back from injury

What could have been ......what could have been
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Default Re: I wanted to put this video out here because it actually shows the first shot Danny made after he came back from injury

Loved Granger's old man game, just a crafty, not too flashy but effective scorer. Very sad about his knees.

He would have transitioned into the perfect small 4 in the modern NBA scheme, after Paul's ascension. What could have been...
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"What could have been" would be a more fitting tagline for the Pacers than "we grow basketball here".
    Pacers fan since April 9th 2004 - New Jersey 80 Indiana 90.
    Went to NFL UK in London, Oct. 2016 (1 Colts game)
    Visited Indy from Nov. 11-28th 2016 (8 Pacers games, 2 Colts)
    Went to Global Game in London, Jan. 2017 (1 Pacers game)
    Visiting Indy again from Dec. 2-20th 2017 (7 Pacers games, 1 Colts)

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eamer For This Useful Post:

Should have traded him when his value was high
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Wish he would have been healthy for the runs against Miami with Paul West Roy etc...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Still one of my top-3 all-time Pacers...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Danny was really a superbly decent human being. I'll take a stab at ranking Pacer major stars by that trait (wasn't around pre-Reggie):

Granger
    Reggie
    JO
    PG
    Artest
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny was really a superbly decent human being. I'll take a stab at ranking Pacer major stars by that trait (wasn't around pre-Reggie):

Granger
    Reggie
    JO
    PG
    Artest
    Surprised you didn't put McKey at the top.....
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: