Thread: Lets take a serious look

Default Lets take a serious look

The question lately has been to waive Croshere or Bender. Though I admit that I want Austin to stay instead if JB, I want to take a serious look at what we have and what we could get.

We have Cro, who IMO, is hardworking, always willing to help, always willing to play, and does what he's supposed to. Then, we have Bender who, IMO, has been said to have potential, but has been a disappointment so far, injury prone, and unreliable.But that's not the argument/issue.

My point is, if we waive Cro, then we have JO, just JO at the PF.Well sure, we can trade and get somebody else, but who are we going to trade to get something better than Cro in return? Though there is alot of buzz around Tins and Ron, I don't really see that happening. We have JJ, Edwards, and Dale as free agents. I really want Dale to stay, really really. We will resign JJ, and I don't know much about Edwards,admittingly. I also, admittingly, am not a genius about salary caps. However, say we waive Cro, then who do we trade to get somebody in return?

I love AJ, I really do, but he has admitted also that he is backup PG, not quite starting material yet, so who would take him and give something good in return? I understand that there is a thing as untapped potential, and that we could get a seeming Dud that could be an all star, but I doubt it.

So what I'm asking is, what would you do? How would you handle this situation if you had the authority? What trades would you do to acquire the best, if you were to waive Austin?
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

PacerNthaDesert

Default Re: Lets take a serious look

I wouldn't waive Austin personally, I'd get rid of Bender's worthless ***. Atleast Cro shows up everynight, knows his role, and plays as hard as he can no matter how many minutes he's in. We do have an interesting question mark at PG though with 3 seemingly solid players but obviously all 3 can't play. I gotta think a small trade will be made in the near future but its tough to say what it could be.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's simple. Bird is going to get us a deal and bring us a power forward. We could so easily rip off New York for Michael Sweetney by offering Isiah Thomas, Jonathan Bender. You know he'd eat up at that. But that won't happen because, what if he bites us on the ***?

My proposal is that we offer Johnson, Fred Jones, and Scot Pollard, maybe not in that order, but offer those guys for Jamaal Magloire. I think Magloire is more obtainable than more people think.

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    My proposal is that we offer Johnson, Fred Jones, and Scot Pollard, maybe not in that order, but offer those guys for Jamaal Magloire. I think Magloire is more obtainable than more people think.
    Seems like Magloire is on the market but that's a pretty weak offer to the Hornets considering they already have Chris Paul and Speedy Claxton and plenty of PF's on their roster.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    Seems like Magloire is on the market but that's a pretty weak offer to the Hornets considering they already have Chris Paul and Speedy Claxton and plenty of PF's on their roster.
    Pollard's contract is up and they have no shot at the playoffs this season. I'm just saying that maybe they'll pull another crappy trade for salary cap relief. They traded Baron Davis for utter crap. (Dale was in that deal)

foretaz

if the pacers truly wanted to get magloire, which i personally wouldnt be in favor of at this point, then they could do the following....

jeff foster
    james jones
    our number 1 next year...

then release jon bender under the amnesty clause, knowing new orleans would then be able to sign bender to a contract for minimal dollars....

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    if the pacers truly wanted to get magloire, which i personally wouldnt be in favor of at this point, then they could do the following....

jeff foster
    james jones
    our number 1 next year...

then release jon bender under the amnesty clause, knowing new orleans would then be able to sign bender to a contract for minimal dollars....

I wouldn't be in favor of Magloire either, especially if it meant getting rid of Foster and JJ
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Zesty

I honestly don't see us releasing Croshere or Bender.