Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dale Davis vs. Shawn Kemp

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Dale Davis vs. Shawn Kemp

If the Pacers had the option of signing one of these guys, who would you prefer to have?

Default Re: Dale Davis vs. Shawn Kemp

Dale.

Does this question really need to be asked.

Dale

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As if it's really a debate.

KEMP!

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As if it's really a debate.

KEMP!

Well I guess it does

You cant be serious? Shawn Kemp hasnt played in the NBA in like 3-4 years, he is like 400 pounds by now, while Dale is still in shape like he is 28. Dale helped us reach the playoffs with his great play and he started 30 games for us, I dont want Shawn Kemp starting one game for us.I take Dale over Kemp all damn day.

sweabs

Easily Dale.

Although, if the price is going to be too much, I'd be in favour of looking to trade someone like AJ/Freddie/Pollard for a good bruiser up front to strengthen the frontcourt. Hell, for some of those guys, you could probably get a guy who can score as well.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Dale.

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Well I guess it does
    Even after putting Pig Newton on my ignore list, I still have to read his drivel when other people respond to him with quotes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    Even after putting Pig Newton on my ignore list, I still have to read his drivel when other people respond to him with quotes.
    Oh wow, I don't even know who you are, but apparently, you know who I am. I'm honored and flattered that you've gone out of your way to not only add me to your ignore list, but make a cheap mockery of my screen name. Nice job, btw.

Of course Dale, I was joking. I should be up for most misunderstood poster of the year, that's for sure.

Savior-Self

Oh wow, I don't even know who you are, but apparently, you know who I am. I'm honored and flattered that you've gone out of your way to not only add me to your ignore list, but make a cheap mockery of my screen name. Nice job, btw.

Of course Dale, I was joking. I should be up for most misunderstood poster of the year, that's for sure.

Some of you guys need to lighten up, seriously. Pig Newton? Ignore lists? Grab your cabbage patch and walk away...

3ptmiller

I know we love Dale and we would never let him go... but think about it, if its really true that Kemp is really the player he was back in the old days like he is saying and other people are saying... would u still choose Dale over him? We are talking about SHAWN KEMP here people, you forgot who that is maybe? Kemp is like DD but bigger, stronger, more athletic, 41" vertical leap, better rebounding, scoring, and NOBODY could get thru his post up defense.. he used to block guys like Shaq for dinner. Unless Kemp is all lies, then DD it is for sure!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    I know we love Dale and we would never let him go... but think about it, if its really true that Kemp is really the player he was back in the old days like he is saying and other people are saying... would u still choose Dale over him? We are talking about SHAWN KEMP here people, you forgot who that is maybe? Kemp is like DD but bigger, stronger, more athletic, 41" vertical leap, better rebounding, scoring, and NOBODY could get thru his post up defense.. he used to block guys like Shaq for dinner.
    The issue with Kemp is that he's been out for 3 years and after 3 years, you lose a lot of conditioning and it's very, very hard to just come back. If Kemp get's himself into condition, then hell yes I'll take him over Dale, but I doubt very much that he, even with 25 pound weights strapped to his ankles, will get into playing condition.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    I know we love Dale and we would never let him go... but think about it, if its really true that Kemp is really the player he was back in the old days like he is saying and other people are saying... would u still choose Dale over him? We are talking about SHAWN KEMP here people, you forgot who that is maybe? Kemp is like DD but bigger, stronger, more athletic, 41" vertical leap, better rebounding, scoring, and NOBODY could get thru his post up defense.. he used to block guys like Shaq for dinner.
    You are stupid if you really belive that **** about Shawn Kemp being the same player he was back with the Sonics. He hasnt been the same player he was with the Sonics for about almost 10 years now.When was the last time you seen Shawn Kemp? The guy is out of shape, the reason he is trying to get back in the NBA is because he cant pay his damn child support not because he is good again. LMAO 41 inch vertical, yeah if he jumps 2 times and you add that up together.

3ptmiller

The issue with Kemp is that he's been out for 3 years and after 3 years, you lose a lot of conditioning and it's very, very hard to just come back. If Kemp get's himself into condition, then hell yes I'll take him over Dale, but I doubt very much that he, even with 25 pound weights strapped to his ankles, will get into playing condition.
    Its easy to get back into playing condition, especially if you are or was a NBA player... I play basketball to so i know it works, when i broke my leg i stayed out of Games for almost 1 year, took me only 2 months to get back all of my skills and conditioning... Skill wise is a little bit harder, even tho you really CANT forget to play basketball or loose your skills, all you loose from not playing basketball in 3 years is your shooting touch and that can be fixed aswell.. but he have to get back to an NBA team, thats the only hard part.. he have to Fit in!
    He have to not only get back in shape but after that he must try and jump into a train thats driving at 150 mph!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    You are stupid if you really belive that **** about Shawn Kemp being the same player he was back with the Sonics. He hasnt been the same player he was with the Sonics for about almost 10 years now.When was the last time you seen Shawn Kemp? The guy is out of shape, the reason he is trying to get back in the NBA is because he cant pay his damn child support not because he is good again. LMAO 41 inch vertical, yeah if he jumps 2 times and you add that up together.
    Like I said, I don't care if he straps 25 pound weights to his ankles and runs up and down several flights of stairs, he'll never reach playing condition, let alone reach what he once was. He's a joke now, and he'll never, ever, be what he was.

3ptmiller

You are stupid if you really belive that **** about Shawn Kemp being the same player he was back with the Sonics.
    No, i didnt say i believe it.. but since many trust worthy people are saying that he is 90% of what he was back in 1996, that got me thinking..
    He hasnt been the same player he was with the Sonics for about almost 10 years now.When was the last time you seen Shawn Kemp? The guy is out of shape, the reason he is trying to get back in the NBA is because he cant pay his damn child support not because he is good again.
    Like i said before its easy to get back conditioning and by reading that "Shawn Kemp Comeback" thread got me really thinking... but nothing is sure mate, lets just wait and see if he can proof himself and not being only lies..

LMAO 41 inch vertical, yeah if he jumps 2 times and you add that up together.
    Yes and that was only his standing Vertical as well.. his running Vert was much higher.. Now, im not sure if you mean the Kemp 3 years ago or the Retro one.. Dont know how old you are, but if you maybe catched some of his games from back in the old days you would believe it.. If you want proof then just tell me..

I dont give a damn what his vertical leap was back in 95-96, this is 2005-2006.

3ptmiller

Like I said, I don't care if he straps 25 pound weights to his ankles and runs up and down several flights of stairs, he'll never reach playing condition, let alone reach what he once was. He's a joke now, and he'll never, ever, be what he was.
    Thats exactly why he is coming back! He wants to proove people like you WRONG, i personally believe that he can do it but im not sure he WILL... thats all im saying.

3ptmiller

I dont give a damn what his vertical leap was back in 95-96, this is 2005-2006.
    He is only 35, he CAN do it and he is saying and other people are saying that he is 90% of what he was back in 1996.... All im saying is that im scared Kemp could make us non-kemp-believers eat our shoes at the start of season

If Shawn Kemp comes back and he has a 41 inch vertical, I will take a video cam and tape my self eating a piece of ****.

3ptmiller

If Shawn Kemp comes back and he has a 41 inch vertical, I will take a video cam and tape my self eating a piece of ****.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Since when is "shoe_" censored?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Awesome. You can post that on the same fetish website that I put my photo of Btown's feet.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

foretaz

3 pt miller....

i know u play ball....im not sure how old u are, but i believe u to be far younger than 35....

unfortunately our bodies change....

being able to take a couple months off at 25 and being to pick right back up where u left off is one thing....

taking a couple years off when ur 35 is a far different thing...

he can run all the hills he wants, he probably will never be able to play extended minutes over the long haul of a regular season again...

that being said, he probably wouldnt have to....

the people saying hes in great shape are the people trying to get him back into the nba.....even if his body gets back to being the same as it was way back when, he will not be nearly the same player....

though i admit, i will watch with curiosity to see just how much he has dropped off-which is what he and his agent are banking on right now....

he was an incredible player, its intriquing to know just what shadow of his former self he actually is...