Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinsley going NOWHERE

Hybrid View

Default Tinsley going NOWHERE

I'll go ahead right now and GUARANTEE Tinsley is heading nowhere.

It's funny to me HOW many of you people think Tins is out. Saras has played 0 minutes in the NBA. He could EASILY be a bust in the NBA. Probably not, but it's foreseeable.

Tinsley would be an all star if he was on a bad team/could play a full season.

I just want to come out and GUARANTEE Tinsley wearing a P uniform next season.

If anyone is gone it's Fj OR Aj and possibly one of our bigs. It makes so much more sense to move FJ or Aj. AJ is coming off a career season. It's very unlikely he will be playing at that caliber again, so moving him is nothing short of brilliance. Especially if you get something decent in return, obviously.

We need someone to back up JO. So you look at a team like the Cavs that desperately needs a PG. You send them Aj and maybe Cro/Pol for Drew Gooden.

Trading Tinsley at this point is LUDICROUS.

Do you guys remember who is making the decisions? Larry bird.

Do you remember what he thinks about Tins? Next Pacer to be an all star.

I can't stand the no love for Tins on these boards, he's probably the most skilled pg to wear a P uniform. Just wait and see.

Default Re: Tinsley going NOWHERE

I agree with you. There is no way in hell I want Sarunas starting for us on opening day, we dont know how this guy will play in the NBA and like you said he could be a bust. Tins has the experianced and is a great PG, he just cant stay healthy. We need to keep him, now AJ or Fred I see getting moved.

foretaz

i tend to agree....not much likelihood of tins going anywhere...saras is a great addition to the team and a great insurance policy for tins....

as has been discussed at nauseum, that is something that was desperately needed...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The reason Tinsley WON't be traded is his BYC status. Unless we package him with somebody really really desirable and underpaid so that the salaries blend together there is no way for us to trade him.

Even tho I predicted he would be.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't stand the no love for Tins on these boards, he's probably the most skilled pg to wear a P uniform. Just wait and see.
    So Mark Jackson and Travis Best weren't skilled?
    31 Forever

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by REGGIEFAN4LIFE
    So Mark Jackson and Travis Best sucked? OK I completely understand.

Well, Travis did...

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Well, Travis did...

You know, we just may be opposite people...

Of course, it must hurt that I'm always right...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    You know, we just may be opposite people...
    funny...i was kinda thinkin the same thing....

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Travis Best.

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo

Well Mark was skilled but unless you consider dribbling away the clock a skill I would have to disagree with you on Travis

Wink Re: Tinsley going NOWHERE

Not very much.

I didn't say they weren't skilled.

I didn't say they weren't skilled.
    Change skilled to gifted and I think I agree with you.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

What was that Euro that Dallas picked up a couple of year ago. He was supposed to be the greatest Euroballer in history, but he turned out to play about 15 minutes total out of a 2 year deal. He's who I keep thinking of...

tins is awesome! why trade him? believe me we will miss him dearly if we do! we don't win that game in boston (game 5) if he doesn't play. And probably go on to lose the series (how humiliating)
    I agree...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's funny to me HOW many of you people think Tins is out. Saras has played 0 minutes in the NBA. He could EASILY be a bust in the NBA. Probably not, but it's foreseeable.

Tinsley would be an all star if he was on a bad team/could play a full season.

I just want to come out and GUARANTEE Tinsley wearing a P uniform next season.

If anyone is gone it's Fj OR Aj and possibly one of our bigs. It makes so much more sense to move FJ or Aj. AJ is coming off a career season. It's very unlikely he will be playing at that caliber again, so moving him is nothing short of brilliance. Especially if you get something decent in return, obviously.

We need someone to back up JO. So you look at a team like the Cavs that desperately needs a PG. You send them Aj and maybe Cro/Pol for Drew Gooden.

Trading Tinsley at this point is LUDICROUS.

Do you guys remember who is making the decisions? Larry bird.

Do you remember what he thinks about Tins? Next Pacer to be an all star.

Your point about AJ playing so brilliantly actually makes the point for those who want Tinsley traded.

Why did AJ play so brilliantly last season? Because Tinsley could only play 40 games, and we he broke down, AJ had to assume the starting point guard position, and did a great job at it. If Tinsley could have actually played the majority of the season, then there is no brilliant season from AJ.

No one argues that he is "the most skilled pg to wear a P uniform." But Tinsley has shown that he easily breaks down as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Your point about AJ playing so brilliantly actually makes the point for those who want Tinsley traded.

Why did AJ play so brilliantly last season? Because Tinsley could only play 40 games, and we he broke down, AJ had to assume the starting point guard position, and did a great job at it. If Tinsley could have actually played the majority of the season, then there is no brilliant season from AJ.

No one argues that he is "the most skilled pg to wear a P uniform." But Tinsley has shown that he easily breaks down as the season progresses.
    And thats why Tins shouldn't see as many minutes this season. It's not hard to figure out. If I was carlisle, i'd figure out how many minutes until his body broke down. Then try to have him play that same amount of minutes over more games, rest him before the playoffs.

I'd prefer we keep AJ honestly. That way we can have all three seeing minutes at the point. That way we always have someone fresh bringing the ball up the court.

I know Carlisle and Larry will figure this out. They just need to keep an eye on Tins' health is all.

Diesel

I don't think Tinsley is going anywhere either. Most of us on this board all agreed that if Tinsley is your starting pg were going to need to be 3 deep at that position and guess what now we are. I believe AJ will remain on this team. AJ won't be happy about it, but I believe Carlisle wll be able to find minutes for him at one of the guard spots.

The odd thing is Tinsley's ability to keep from breaking down is inversely proportional to how in shape he is.

He never had these problems when he was round.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    The odd thing is Tinsley's ability to keep from breaking down is inversely proportional to how in shape he is.

He never had these problems when he was round.
    Let that be a lesson for you. Never underestimate the medicinal properties of chicken fingers.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I agree in that Tinsley shouldn't go anywhere. That doesn't mean Larry agrees.

Even if you think Cabbage is the best thing since sliced bread, IMO you have to realize it would not work pairing him with Tinsley. I think Rick would have a heart attack if he didn't have at least one point guard who could D it up. Then O'Neill would take over, and he'd have a stroke for the same reason. Chuck would probably hurt his back laughing so hard at the notion, and would be in traction for the rest of the year, so we'd be left with Dan Burke and Chad Forcier to coach this team, and nobody wants that, especially Dan Burke and Chad Forcier.

Aside aside, Tinsley and Yakov makes no sense, no matter how screwed up your brain is. Chekov and AJ, however, has a warped sensibility to it. So, don't be surprised if Larry does move Jamaal. In the mean time, I'll be praying that Larry agrees with Conrad and sees JarJar as a 2-guard, and isn't planning on giving him the keys to this team.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    So we'd be left with Dan Burke and Chad Forcier to coach this team, and nobody wants that, especially Dan Burke and Chad Forcier.
    We'd be O.K. if they hadn't "promoted" David Craig to the front office.

As for Jon Theodore guaranteeing that Jamaal isn't going anywhere that's a sure fire sign that Jamaal will be traded somewhere.

Yup, that's why I never cared for Jax. Just couldn't help being jealous of someone who got to #2 on the all-time assists list purely on luck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rasheed? Is that you?

Sarunas will be our backup PG...Resulting in us trading AJ.

AJ's trade value is high. A number of teams wouldn't mind acquiring AJ and Pollard in a package. Thats 2 solid bench players for you for a pretty low price. I think we should trade them both away for future picks.