Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Montieth just on 950...

  1. #1

    Default Montieth just on 950...

    With Rakestraw- Just FYI

    -Said most likely either Gill or AJ will be traded, not Tinsley because 1st year of new contract.

    -Said he expects DD to most likely not be back, but does expect JJ to be back (saying he was higher priority and the P's expect Dale not to get a huge offer on the market anyway.)

    -Also said in the next 2-3 weeks we should see a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade from the P's.

    All in all stuff we've all talked about and speculated here for the most part.

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by JBones19
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Rakestraw- Just FYI

    -Said most likely either Gill or AJ will be traded, not Tinsley because 1st year of new contract.

    -Said he expects DD to most likely not be back, but does expect JJ to be back (saying he was higher priority and the P's expect Dale not to get a huge offer on the market anyway.)

    -Also said in the next 2-3 weeks we should see a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade from the P's.

    All in all stuff we've all talked about and speculated here for the most part.
    1) DON'T TRADE TINS!
    2) That...REALLY sucks. I like JJ, but NO WAY is he higher priority than Dale. Not with Ron, Granger, and Bender already here, not to mention Jack. Besides, if they don't expect Dale to get much on the open market, then will they offer him the LLE?
    3) I don't see why we NEED to make a trade, unless it's to upgrade a starting position. Just keep this DEEP team and roll with it.

  3. #3
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) DON'T TRADE TINS!
    2) That...REALLY sucks. I like JJ, but NO WAY is he higher priority than Dale. Not with Ron, Granger, and Bender already here, not to mention Jack. Besides, if they don't expect Dale to get much on the open market, then will they offer him the LLE?
    3) I don't see why we NEED to make a trade, unless it's to upgrade a starting position. Just keep this DEEP team and roll with it.
    But if you resign JJ, that means you can now start packaging some of those guys that are also playing his position in one of these 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trades.

    Also, does it mean we cannot trade Tinsley at all because it is the first year of his contract? Stupid Tinsley/JO for KG proposal...has me all worked up now.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    If we are trading 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 AND we are not re-signing Dale, then I'd say we are acquiring a PF or a C.

    Hmmmm.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    I truly believe we need only two out of three of: Foster, Harrison and Davis. If DD gets more than the LLE, I will miss him but we have to move on. LB and DW obviously made a decision that the departure of Dale is worth the signing of Saras.

    DD came to the Pacers last year very re-juvenated, but his play was somewhat shaky down the stretch-- in tangibles at least. (Yes, I do realize DD's value is in the intangibles, but if it was Foster missing the same amount of tip-ins and layups this place would have called for his head).

    That said, we could free up some space through trading Pollard, inter alia, and sign DD to a reasonable contract and I will be a happy guy.

  6. #6
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we are trading 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 AND we are not re-signing Dale, then I'd say we are acquiring a PF or a C.

    Hmmmm.
    I'll go with that too.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  7. #7
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Hmm.... who can we get for AJ (Gill probably won't bring anything...) + ??

  8. #8
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    For Some reason I believe Freddie is Gone, you all remember his name has been out there on a few trade one was for Kwame Brown. And these were confirmed rumors. So I think it will be Freddie and someone else.

  9. #9
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Gill + Pollard for Al

  10. #10
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Is that AI ? or AL as in AL harrington lol

  11. #11
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gill + Pollard for Al
    dont think that would get it done.....

    pollard and aj might, though probably not likely, unless u throw in a pick....

    it would also cut a couple million off of payroll...which would be a good thing....

  12. #12
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Baby AL

  13. #13
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dont think that would get it done.....

    pollard and aj might, though probably not likely, unless u throw in a pick....

    it would also cut a couple million off of payroll...which would be a good thing....
    Ohh yes the Hawks got cap room, so AJ and Pollard,future 1st rounder for AL. They are really trying to trade Al, they have Josh Smith,and Marvin Williams now at the 3. They get a veteran point guard in AJ, and they get a expiring contract in Pollard.

  14. #14
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,250
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    I was wondering, from what I can tell, Gill and Pollard are in the last year of their contracts. Wouldn't it make sense for us to hang on to these ourselves and for salary dumps at the end of the year? In that way trading AJ rather than Gill makes more sense and then early option Cro (or hold on for two more and dump him ourselves). But we are WAY up there in salary range now and need to unload some. THus my thinking that we'd hold on to those last year guys as long as we can.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  15. #15
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Somehow I have a funny feeling we may pull a Mark Jackson and try to get AL back....lol.. He left on good terms he just wanted to be a starter but maybe know he just wants a ring...

  16. #16
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Man if we get Al we will win at least 60 games next year

    Tins/Vicius/Chris Thomas??
    Jack/Freddie/Maurice Carter??
    Ron/Granger/JJ
    JO/Al/Bender/Cro
    Foster/Hulk/JO

    That rotation would be sick

  17. #17
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Great. Al and JO could encourage each other to shoot lots of fadeways.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    I kinda like the starting center in New Orleans. How about a Pollard/AJ or Pollard/Fred trade
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  19. #19
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somehow I have a funny feeling we may pull a Mark Jackson and try to get AL back....lol.. He left on good terms he just wanted to be a starter but maybe know he just wants a ring...
    well that would do wonders for JOs mindset....

    and i believe al is an expiring contract as well, or am i dreaming?

    atlanta definitely needs a center....not sure pollard is that guy though, with his back problems....

    plus rumor has it al would be involved in a trade for eddie curry, if that goes down....now if the hawks signed curry outright, then the trade for pollard makes a bit of sense...

    and i cant help but think the hawks might be able to get more than pollard and aj for harrington....

    maybe fred and aj and pollard??? thats alot for al....

  20. #20

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    I still don't get the infatuation with bringing Al Harrington back. We saw what happened when he played behind O'Neal and Artest, with Bender and Croshere around. Now, it'd be the same, except for this guy named Danny Granger got drafted or, you know, something like that.

    It's not like he's changed or developed as a player over the last year ... and those who say a year in Atlanta may have humbled him or whatever are living on their own conjecture.

    And as some parrots say (not that they're completely wrong), we don't need another isolation player.

  21. #21
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    nice picture with JO. He's always a stand out guy.
    As for the rumors....interesting to see who we get in return. I hope we don't trade jamaal
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  22. #22
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still don't get the infatuation with bringing Al Harrington back. We saw what happened when he played behind O'Neal and Artest, with Bender and Croshere around. Now, it'd be the same, except for this guy named Danny Granger got drafted or, you know, something like that.

    It's not like he's changed or developed as a player over the last year ... and those who say a year in Atlanta may have humbled him or whatever are living on their own conjecture.

    And as some parrots say (not that they're completely wrong), we don't need another isolation player.

    theres probably only 2 reasons u even think of bringing al back here....

    and before i go into those, im not a real big fan of the idea....i dont believe al would be happy here, especially with what role he would have here, now....nevermind hes in the final year of his contract, and would like to make an impression, and he simply wouldnt get the playing time he wants....

    1) his relationship with jo and what he might be able to do from a team chemistry standpoint(avoiding the obvious-if hes unhappy with pt , etc)....hes jo's bud and seemed(some may correct me here) to get along with artest ok...his presence MIGHT make jo happier and might have a melding effect where jo and artest are concerned....either way, jo would love having him around...

    2) he would be a solid low post threat, something we probably could use....being jo's primary backup he could provide a threat down low, especially if harrisons development doesnt go as quickly as is hoped....and god forbid jo go down again, hes a helluva guy to have waiting in the wings...

    i still dont really like it....we already have a shortage of minutes amongst quality players....and despite him being an expiring contract he could just as easily be a disruption as an asset...that being said, he could be traded pretty easily at the trade deadline as well....probably would get us more than pollard would....so i can see an argument for both sides...

  23. #23

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    u think IF al did come back he could start at pf? a lineup of tins, sjax, ron, al, and jo wouldn't be too bad and for those pfs al couldn't match up w/, ron can switch over to pf. i do think al is best served being a 6th man for a team, but i think he could start for us vs smaller lineups.

  24. #24
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,562

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For Some reason I believe Freddie is Gone, you all remember his name has been out there on a few trade one was for Kwame Brown. And these were confirmed rumors. So I think it will be Freddie and someone else.
    The only reason why Freddie was included in those rumors is because the Wizards were looking for a SG.

    I hope that you are wrong...cuz we are stacked at SF options ( Artest/SJax/Granger....even Bender if we have to )....but we only have 1 legit backup SG unless you play Artest at some SG minutes and keep AJ as a backup SG.

    I really think that the Pacers can get a pretty decent "2 for 1" or "3 for 2" deal with AJ/JJ/Pollard involved. At least AJ and JJ are solid backup players for their respective positions.

  25. #25
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Montieth just on 950...

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only reason why Freddie was included in those rumors is because the Wizards were looking for a SG.

    I hope that you are wrong...cuz we are stacked at SF options ( Artest/SJax/Granger....even Bender if we have to )....but we only have 1 legit backup SG unless you play Artest at some SG minutes and keep AJ as a backup SG.

    I really think that the Pacers can get a pretty decent "2 for 1" or "3 for 2" deal with AJ/JJ/Pollard involved. At least AJ and JJ are solid backup players for their respective positions.
    the likelihood of jj being signed and then traded are very very slim...i also think u might be failing to look at the fact that jj often times filled the two guard role in the offense last year-meaning they ran him in the same type of plays that they did for reggie...

    now all that being said...i dont think there are gonna be many 2 guard minutes to be had...ive touched on this before the signing of saras...

    whatever backup 2 minutes they are, saras will most likely get...i have a feeling that jackson, tinsley, and saras will get all but maybe 10 minutes or so of the backcourt minutes...whether its jj, freddie, aj or someone else who gets those minutes, remains to be seen...and i like freddie for his defense and jj for his size and shooting...however it could end up being someone different than even these guys....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •