Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm sensing JO and Tinsley for Garnett

Default Re: I'm sensing JO and Tinsley for Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ummm....I'm not putting all my eggs in with Sarunas/AJ as the PG rotation. I would if we get back Cassell somehow...but I doubt that would work.
    I'd rather have Hudson as insurance at the 1/2 than Cassell... talk about a cancer. Yuck.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Wink Re: I'm sensing JO and Tinsley for Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This is a joke. Tins/JO for garnett. If you ask me thats 2 all stars for one. Sure Tinsley hasn't been an all star yet, but he has the ability to be. Tinsley is an amazing point guard and his injury proneness isn't reason to ship him and our best player out for Garnett.

Sure Garnett is an amazing player, but how much better is he than JO. Not much. He is smarter than JO and has a higher basketball IQ. Their skill set is almost the same, KG is more versatile I know and can knock down threes.

Fact is I don't like the idea of losing Tins and JO. I actually hate Jermaine and I don't like this trade. On paper our lineup as is...is easily the best in the league...EASILY. I mean sure Detroits starting 5 no one can compete with, but look at our bench its a joke.

Foster, Saras, Granger, FJ, JJ, (possibly), Aj, Bender.

We have the best chance to win a title with this lineup than ever before. ESPECIALLY if we can actual resign both dale/jj and get rid of cro or bender.

Do you people realize Tinsley was dropping 30 pts on the heat last season? And you want to trade him and Jo for someone who is SLIGHTLY better than Jermaine.

Jermaine/Fred/Draft pick for Garnett...I like the sound of that a lot better.

Ok I'll come out and say it...I love tinsley and will cry if he's not here next season.
    Wow, don't you know that sanity is not allowed here in the off season?!!
    Tins will soon be one of the top pg's in the league. You don't give him up because you signed a 29 y/o euro that's never played in the league and is known as an offensive player with limited defense.
    Thumbs down on this.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It also seems to me that all three players would like the trade.

1. Garnett would like a better chance at a ring, a new cast of characters around him, and a better coach.

2. Tinsley would like the West much, much better and would escape the sudden problems now caused by Saras in the wings.

3. JO would be less excited, perhaps. But he probably would like getting away from Artest. He might like the West better, too.

I wouldnt do it.

why do you people want to get rid of JO? For a self centered jerk like KG!?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not going to lie... JO + Tinsley or JO + FJ for KG would be an awesome trade. However, I agree with those that are reluctant to trade JO. I'm doing some serious waffling on this one.

I just have the feeling that both Artest and JO will have a Kobe/Shaq type season as far as unstoppable duos go this upcoming season. Then again, Artest and Garnett... ... teams would see the Pacers on the schedule and wet their pants.

Out of all the way-out-trade-this-superstar-for-that-one scenarios, this is by far the most likely. You even have the Bird and McHale connection working (they sat together during the Summer League games).

I just gave myself a serious headache even thinking about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would do this trade in a heart beat assuming Saras lives up to his hype and assuming KG doesnt haul off and punch Edwards in the face for scoring on him in practice...

A jerk? That's the first I've heard of KG. Care to explain your position J33J?

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    A jerk? That's the first I've heard of KG. Care to explain your position J33J?

The neagative thing I've heard about KG is that he is very hard on his teammates. Sort of like Jordan was. Many players could not hold up under the Jordan pressure, and KG is the same. And no every great player is not like that TD isn't and Shaq certainly isn't.

Yeah, KG could have been making a lot more, but he resigned for less than he could have technically because he he wanted the team to get better, and, for a while, they were.

Of course we would do that trade, and of course they wouldn't. I moved to Minnesota a few months ago, and I don't think that there's any chance they ever trade KG for anything less than, say, Duncan and Ginobili. Seriously, who in the league is better than KG? Duncan...and...um? Arguably TMac, once Shaq, maybe someday James or Wade. You just don't trade a superstar for two darn good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    The neagative thing I've heard about KG is that he is very hard on his teammates. Sort of like Jordan was. Many players could not hold up under the Jordan pressure, and KG is the same. And no every great player is not like that TD isn't and Shaq certainly isn't.
    Ah ok. Doesn't make him an *** in my eyes. Some people lead through quiet determination and others are more outspoken.

Shrug, if people get payed to play this game in the amounts they do they can put up with a little yelling from their leader IMO.

I don't see why T-wolves would trade KG for JO+ Tins. It may be decent value, but it doesn't:
    1) make them much better (if at all) now
    2) offer salary relief for their 2 big contracts (wally + hudson)
    3) offer their fans alot of hope that comes with young up and coming prospects

How in the world do you sell that to your fans? You trade one of the top 5 (3?) players in the league to gain a 2nd teir PG that is always injured? Not exactly a championship move is it? Even a worse economic decision when you consider how marketable KG is compared to JO.

IMO any trade for KG has to make them ALOT better now (which will be very hard to do) or offer salary relief and young good prospects.

I think at best it would take:

Hudson
    KG

for

JO
    Tinsley
    Fred Jones
    DAvid Harrison

Most likely:

KG
    Hudson
    Wally

for

JO
    Tinsley
    Fred Jones
    David Harrison
    Scott Pollard

For a top 5 (3?) player in his prime it is going to cost alot! Your not just paying for his on court value, your paying for his marketability.

Dream Big

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    Tinsley would like the West much, much better

How do you figure?
    I don't see either one of them being traded, it's too soon.... give them all a shot to play together first.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by rm1369
    I don't see why T-wolves would trade KG for JO+ Tins. It may be decent value, but it doesn't:
    1) make them much better (if at all) now
    2) offer salary relief for their 2 big contracts (wally + hudson)
    3) offer their fans alot of hope that comes with young up and coming prospects

How in the world do you sell that to your fans? You trade one of the top 5 (3?) players in the league to gain a 2nd teir PG that is always injured? Not exactly a championship move is it? Even a worse economic decision when you consider how marketable KG is compared to JO.

IMO any trade for KG has to make them ALOT better now (which will be very hard to do) or offer salary relief and young good prospects.

I think at best it would take:

Hudson
    KG

for

JO
    Tinsley
    Fred Jones
    DAvid Harrison

Most likely:

KG
    Hudson
    Wally

for

JO
    Tinsley
    Fred Jones
    David Harrison
    Scott Pollard

For a top 5 (3?) player in his prime it is going to cost alot! Your not just paying for his on court value, your paying for his marketability.
    i dont think kg and wally will ever be traded to the same team...theres issues there....that if a trade is going to happen u dont put them back on the same team....not unlike u probably wouldnt trade jo and artest to the same team...if anything was going to happen like that it would probably have to involve a 3rd team to take wally....

that being said....jo and wally would be a formidable tandem...ive said before i think kg and artest would be better together than jo and artest....i also feel like jo and wally would probably be a better match than wally and kg...

Minnesota won't have a problem trading them to the same team. It would be up to whoever is taking them to decide if having KG is worth having Wally as well. For me the issue of wether the like each other is pretty minor. Id be way more concerned about Wally's contract. That would be the deal killer IMO.

Didn't Bird prefer Wally over Bender? Wasn't Foster a deal done by Walsh to pacify Bird because he didn't want Bender (or at least didn't want Bender when Wally was available)?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Thumbs down Re: I'm sensing JO and Tinsley for Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    Ah ok. Doesn't make him an *** in my eyes. Some people lead through quiet determination and others are more outspoken.

Shrug, if people get payed to play this game in the amounts they do they can put up with a little yelling from their leader IMO.
    He punched one of his teammates last season.

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    He punched one of his teammates last season.
    Yep, and he likes to throw elbows on occasion just to be tough. He's one helluva player though, arguably the best in the NBA imo.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

That's my biggest problem with KG, he can sometimes be a jerk to his teammates(like when he popped one)

Jordan at least had some credibility to do it. He could say "this is what you do to win a ring, I know."

How many players want to take crap from Kevin "I've been out of the first round once" Garnett?

next year.... Next year.... this year I'm Happy with O'neal and Artest and Tins, if we don't make the finals this year i'm keen for a trade... but this year they deserve a chance one chance to be together....

and besides there too young, besides Al i don't think we ever traded young for old, we allways trade old for Young in Hoosier Land

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

PacerNation

Not that trading JO and someone else for Garnett doesn't excite me...it does...and the prospective season that results would be incredible, but...

Does that leave anyone with an odd (maybe badd) taste in their mouth...losing a large part of the core of our team and then winning a championship just wouldn't have the same feeling that it would if JO was a part of it.

I've watched them try to build this team from the ground up; as much as I'd like to see the FRANCHISE win a championship, I'm also a huge fan and supporter of the TEAM (there is a difference obviously), and above the franchise, I'd be more excited to see the team win.

No way. I think we have a great core that has alot of history together, some very bad granted. I am all for some small moves, but not moving young very talented players.

I doubt KG would hit Artest, not that he would ever have too because Artest prob. is one of the few players in the league that plays harder then KG. I don't want to lose tins. I would give them JO and Jax maybe another(Pollard) for KG and either Hudson or Wally. Look at that lineup KG,Artest,Foster that is rebouding dominance. Whats wrong with Wally he had some good years, he's 27 and played 81 games last year avg 15.5 pts
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)