Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some serious denial here

foretaz

Default Re: Some serious denial here

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess you just don't understand how great Lebron James is going to be.

This guy is having early seasons that resemble Jordan's. When he matures a little, and gets some solid players around him, he's going to blow the league away.
    well i guess a little one on one matchup between artest and the king is what u desire? might be fun to watch...wonder if LJ has a rib protector?

anyway, this wasnt about strictly LJ....this was about the cavs being better than the pacers...and the reasoning being the threesome from the cavs being better than the threesome from the pacers-breaking it down individually as the rationale....

but since we all know its a team game and individual matchups rarely tell the whole story....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    well i guess a little one on one matchup between artest and the king is what u desire? might be fun to watch...wonder if LJ has a rib protector?

anyway, this wasnt about strictly LJ....this was about the cavs being better than the pacers...and the reasoning being the threesome from the cavs being better than the threesome from the pacers-breaking it down individually as the rationale....

but since we all know its a team game and individual matchups rarely tell the whole story....
    A team game that is led by stars. You get as far as your best players can take you.

27/7/7......doesn't get any better than that......You just watch, Lebron will be raking in rings in a few years.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Yes, he's an amazing player. But he's also human, and anything can happen.

I think he's great and amazing and all of that, but really, there's no guarantee that he's going to "blow the league away". Not even Shaq was able to do that until Kobe and Phil came on board.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lot's of delusional Cavs fans. With or without Saras the Pacers are clearly the better "team", it's not even close.

foretaz

A team game that is led by stars. You get as far as your best players can take you.

27/7/7......doesn't get any better than that......You just watch, Lebron will be raking in rings in a few years.

well make up ur mind already....where did that 27/7/7 get him last year?

27/7/7 didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Nobody doubts he's a great player, but there have been alot of great players that never won a ring.

Reading some of the comments on the Cavs forum is really getting me fired up. Many of the Cavs fans are really making good points about how good the pacers will be

Like these comments. If I didn't know better this sounds like me

sorry man pacers are better then Cavs, and I love the Cavs you cant throw three people out there and compare them and not a whole team. And even throw them outta postion. O'neal is better then Z, but why compare them cause z is a center and Oneal is power forward. SO Oneal is better then Gooden and AV put together. Z is better then Foster, but Foster is a role player. Not a scorer, I would probbaly take Foster on a team over Z though cause his defense is way better, and rebounding, and shot percentage. Yes lebron is better all around then artest, but his defense and aggresiveness doesn't equal a hlaf of what Artest brings to the floor. Ya artest can bring you 30 a night, but Artest can make a 30 point scoorer a single digit scorer.Stephen Jackson isn't better then Larry hughes, but he's a good player. And Tinsly is way better then Eric Snow. They also have a deeper bench. How are we better???? YOu throw Luke Jackson to how our bench is better but I havent seen anything from him yet. The bench battle I see is Sarunas,Croshere,Granger,Pollard,Fred JOnes,Anthony Johnson against Snow, Jackson,Sasha,Av, and im wondering how this is better then thiers snow only veteran on the list on ours. and Granger,jones, or croshere can go off for 20 where i really don't see anyone but Av producing those type numbers.

well make up ur mind already....where did that 27/7/7 get him last year?

Nowhere, just like MJ got nowhere his first couple of seasons.

MJ got the coach(Phil), some decent role players around him, and he was on his way. I think Mike Brown is the right coach for Cleveland, and they are starting to add better players around Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Like these comments. If I didn't know better this sounds like me

sorry man pacers are better then Cavs, and I love the Cavs you cant throw three people out there and compare them and not a whole team. And even throw them outta postion. O'neal is better then Z, but why compare them cause z is a center and Oneal is power forward. SO Oneal is better then Gooden and AV put together. Z is better then Foster, but Foster is a role player. Not a scorer, I would probbaly take Foster on a team over Z though cause his defense is way better, and rebounding, and shot percentage. Yes lebron is better all around then artest, but his defense and aggresiveness doesn't equal a hlaf of what Artest brings to the floor. Ya artest can bring you 30 a night, but Artest can make a 30 point scoorer a single digit scorer.Stephen Jackson isn't better then Larry hughes, but he's a good player. And Tinsly is way better then Eric Snow. They also have a deeper bench. How are we better???? YOu throw Luke Jackson to how our bench is better but I havent seen anything from him yet. The bench battle I see is Sarunas,Croshere,Granger,Pollard,Fred JOnes,Anthony Johnson against Snow, Jackson,Sasha,Av, and im wondering how this is better then thiers snow only veteran on the list on ours. and Granger,jones, or croshere can go off for 20 where i really don't see anyone but Av producing those type numbers.

How can this guy call himself a Cavs fan and say that Lebron doesn't have half the aggressiveness that Ron does. Has he watched Lebron play? Lebron does everything for his team to win. It's not his fault he's had mediocre players.

You see, when you're selected number 1 in the draft like Lebron, you're going to an awful team, or else they wouldn't have the number 1 pick. Artest has played with an awesome cast of players(that lost to Detroit in 6 games without him, just like they did with him)

What is aggressiveness? Launching 35 footers in playoff games? Breaking cameras? Quitting on the team? Going into the stands? Missing team flights? Getting excessive flagarant fouls that get you suspended?

foretaz

Nowhere, just like MJ got nowhere his first couple of seasons.

MJ got the coach(Phil), some decent role players around him, and he was on his way. I think Mike Brown is the right coach for Cleveland, and they are starting to add better players around Lebron.
    ummm...and thought this is what we were saying....and back to the original statement regarding the threesome of oneal, artest, and jack versus james/Z/hughes????

bottom line is this....i love mike brown but hes no phil jackson....and there is no scottie pippen on that cleveland roster....

ummm...and thought this is what we were saying....and back to the original statement regarding the threesome of oneal, artest, and jack versus james/Z/hughes????

bottom line is this....i love mike brown but hes no phil jackson....and there is no scottie pippen on that cleveland roster....
    Uh.......Lebron hasn't played a single game with Hughes yet. Hughes is the scorer Lebron needs to play alongside him.

How can this guy call himself a Cavs fan and say that Lebron doesn't have half the aggressiveness that Ron does. Has he watched Lebron play? Lebron does everything for his team to win. It's not his fault he's had mediocre players.

You see, when you're selected number 1 in the draft like Lebron, you're going to an awful team, or else they wouldn't have the number 1 pick. Artest has played with an awesome cast of players(that lost to Detroit in 6 games without him, just like they did with him)

What is aggressiveness? Launching 35 footers in playoff games? Breaking cameras? Quitting on the team? Going into the stands? Missing team flights? Getting excessive flagarant fouls that get you suspended?
    It's funny that you are questioning a Cavs fan's loyalty when he judges Lebron, yet you do the same thing in judgement on Ron. Are you a Pacer's fan?

foretaz

alright...now ur starting to sound way too much like jay....finding a way to interject all the ill will regarding artest into a conversation that has nothing to do with it...

JAY....u see wht uve done to this poor boy???? it seeems ur a bit of a role model on here....u may want to keep that in mind....quit polluting these young, impressionable minds...

Quote Originally Posted by IUColtPacerFan
    It's funny that you are questioning a Cavs fan's loyalty when he judges Lebron, yet you do the same thing in judgement on Ron. Are you a Pacer's fan?
    Never questioned his loyalty, I questioned if he actually watched games. By saying Lebron doesnt have much aggresiveness, it sounds as if he never watches them.

Yes, I'm a Pacers fan, does that mean I can't judge the Pacers players? I'm a fan of the team, not neccessarily certain individuals.

foretaz

Uh.......Lebron hasn't played a single game with Hughes yet. Hughes is the scorer Lebron needs to play alongside him.

ill say it again....there is no pippen on the cleveland roster....

hughes is definitely no pippen....hes an overpaid role player

pippen was deemed to be a top 50 player(not by me, mind u) hughes isnt near being a top 50 player unless the only measurement u use is his paycheck.....

Never questioned his loyalty, I questioned if he actually watched games. By saying Lebron doesnt have much aggresiveness, it sounds as if he never watches them.

Yes, I'm a Pacers fan, does that mean I can't judge the Pacers players? I'm a fan of the team, not neccessarily certain individuals.
    Just making sure My mistake in reading into "How can this guy call himself a Cavs fan" too much.

alright...now ur starting to sound way too much like jay....finding a way to interject all the ill will regarding artest into a conversation that has nothing to do with it...

JAY....u see wht uve done to this poor boy???? it seeems ur a bit of a role model on here....u may want to keep that in mind....quit polluting these young, impressionable minds...

It seems to me like you dismiss any negative facts about Artest into something that is irrelavant when someone posts them.

foretaz

It seems to me like you dismiss any negative facts about Artest into something that is irrelavant when someone posts them.
    only when they have very little to do with the subject at hand...

and forgive me if i have a hard time believing that ron breaking a camera 4 years ago has much to do with how the cavs are better than the pacers...

only when they have very little to do with the subject at hand...

and forgive me if i have a hard time believing that ron breaking a camera 4 years ago has much to do with how the cavs are better than the pacers...

I agree that the Pacers are better for now, I just believe that Lebron is going to be unbelievable in a couple years.

Breaking the camera just fits into a pattern of how Ron has behaved the past few years.

Not that it matters, but it wasn't 4 years ago. Ron wasn't on the team 4 years ago. It happened in early January 2003.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL@Cavs fans....I didn't think any group of people could be bigger homers than UK Wildcat fans, however these cavs fans own all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    One guy there says the breakdown is:

$3,700,000
    $3,996,000
    $4,292,000

Guess that leaves us $1.3M on our MLE, and our $1.6 LLE.

If we re-sign Dale with the LLE, is there anyone out there we'd want to get with the remainder of our MLE?
    Actually the breakdown (if it's not a flat $4 mil. every year) with 10% raises is thus:

$3,636,364
    $4,000,000
    $4,363,636
    ----------
    $12,000,000

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Actually the breakdown (if it's not a flat $4 mil. every year) with 10% raises is thus:

$3,636,364
    $4,000,000
    $4,363,636
    ----------
    $12,000,000
    actually, i believe the max raise allowed for free agents that are not ur own is 8% under the new cba....thats the way i understand what ive read so far...10% was true under the old cba...

actually, i believe the max raise allowed for free agents that are not ur own is 8% under the new cba....thats the way i understand what ive read so far...10% was true under the old cba...
    Under the old contract you could give your own players 12% raises. Other teams that signed your teams free agents were limited to 10%. Under the new contract it's 10% and 8%.

I'll go check to be sure.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Under the old contract you could give your own players 12% raises. Other teams that signed your teams free agents were limited to 10%. Under the new contract it's 10% and 8%.

I'll go check to be sure.
    thats what i was saying...

i think it might be 10.5 for u r own now....i think ive seen both 10 and 10.5

but since saras isnt our own, he would only be entitled to 8 % raises..