Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dale Davis vs. Shawn Kemp

Default Re: Dale Davis vs. Shawn Kemp

Hell I am 33 and believe me I have a hard time seeing him come back. Age does make a difference.

3ptmiller

Yea, but u guys have not played / trained basketball at an Elite Level for 10-20 years... or? But yes it is harder to get back in shape when you are 30+ you are correct, no matter if you have trained at an elite level or never touched a ball in your life... but your experience and knowledge of the game will never disapeir and you can get in shape faster then the person that havent trained at an elite level for 10-20 years...

All im saying is Kemp has definitly the oppurtunity to get back to his old self, well maybe not 100% of what he was and what he had back then... but this guy was soooo good that 50% is just enough for him to start dominate some of todays players.

Well, here's the thing. We all saw Dale sputter towards the finish line while getting 20+ mpg this season. So if we're concerned about Kemp hitting a wall, I think that's going to be an issue with Dale or Kemp. Alright, lemme put on my Devil's Advocate Hat.

Even a fat, fat, FAT Kemp made solid contributions when he was last in the league. IF (And I can't stress that strongly enough) he's in decent shape, I think he could easily give you 8 points and 6 boards in about 15 minutes per night. And really, that's better than Dale will give you at this point in his career. Kemp is naturally a better athlete, and has always been better on the offensive end, and was also a better shot blocker. However, one thing Dale has on Kemp is that Dale is an enforcer. Other players fear Dale, because he's a very physical player. I don't think you can say the same of Kemp.

As a finale, I'd say that if Kemp has worked himself down under 255 lbs., you've gotta bring him in at least for a workout. If he refuses, then no dice. Once under that kind of microscope, is should be easy for the staff to decide if he's legit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh wow, I don't even know who you are, but apparently, you know who I am. I'm honored and flattered that you've gone out of your way to not only add me to your ignore list, but make a cheap mockery of my screen name. Nice job, btw.

Of course Dale, I was joking. I should be up for most misunderstood poster of the year, that's for sure.
    Well, put some smilies in your posts so we know. Some of us know each other well enough to know when the other is kidding, but I don't always know if you are trying to be funny or sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Shawn Kemp comes back and he has a 41 inch vertical, I will take a video cam and tape my self eating a piece of ****.
    Fibber! No one would actually do that but a crazy person. Notice me calling you a fibber means I don't think you are crazy! (grin)

I dunno..As of right now I would take Davis..But just for the sake of hoping that Jermaniac will eat his own ****..

KEMP!!!

And besides..Kemp can always snort some cocaine before the games to get amped up.