Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Blahzay" updates on Sarunas

Default "Blahzay" updates on Sarunas

Remember, this is the guy who supposedly knows Sarunas' agent.

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112838

Quote Originally Posted by Blahzay
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take this info for what it's worth, I have no link just personal sources.

These constant stories coming out in the press are easy to understand, everyone wants to try to get bragging rights on breaking this story. It's pretty common and I guess everyone is noticing it now because it involves the Pacers this time.

I'll tell everyone what has happened based on the information I recieved and guessing by the timing of these articles some news sources are getting their information from sources pretty close to mine.

The Pacers were the very first team to make a formal offer to him which was never rejected, they were told that the offer made would be considered based on future offers but were also toled by Sarunas that they were "extremely high on his wish list."

Boston then made an offer which was rejected within an hour of being made. This quite simply showed Boston that they were not in the race for SJ even though the bid was roughly a million dollars per season more than the first offer from Indiana.

Cleveland then came into the picture. They offered a figure slightly less than Indy which was given the same treatment as the Indy offer. It was pretty much responded to as "thanks, we'll let you know." Cleveland must have gotten wind of the figure Indiana offered and sent a new proposal. This was about the time that the first article about the Cavs leading the race came into the picture.

Meanwhile, the Jazz put in a offer which again was higher than Clevelands, hence the Sarunas to Utah articles popping up.

Well, the news from my source is that both Indiana and Cleveland have upped the heat in the bidding war and right now Indiana have pretty much offered him the maximum they have to give and are currently in the front running again for his services. Indiana is technically his first choice, despite what people say about Ilgauskas being the draw-card to Cleveland. Sarunas is a real favorite around the dressing room and will make great friends wherever he goes, fans will see it too, he has a really infectious persona and all though Ilgauskas is his best friend it is not the main attraction, if the money was right it sure wouldn't hurt Clevelands cause but it doesn't actually hurt Indy hopes either.

Bottom line, Indiana have taken the front runner seat again at the moment and considering that Cleveland are pretty much maxed out too I find it highly unlikely we will see an increased offer from their side. Utah in some way hold the cards money wise but they can't offer him a legit shot at a title either.

All in all from my assumptions from what information I have recieved I expect a commitment from him by Wednesday with Indiana.

Blahzay.

Default Re: "Blahzay" updates on Sarunas

Well, the news from my source is that both Indiana and Cleveland have upped the heat in the bidding war and right now Indiana have pretty much offered him the maximum they have to give and are currently in the front running again for his services.
    does that mean we've offered him the full MLE?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

That sucks. We can pretty much kiss DD good bye if we gave Sarunas the full MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    That sucks. We can pretty much kiss DD good bye if we gave Sarunas the full MLE.
    Unless he takes the vet. minimum for what is it now? 1.5-2mm? Which IMO is only what he's worth now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    does that mean we've offered him the full MLE?
    I'd assume so.

You know, I'm tempted to not read any more Internet reports on this until the guy announces where he's going.

If we are giving him all of our mid level I don't see Cleveland coming close unless they trade Gooden and it gives them some more money.

What we need to do is throw our hat in the ring for Jaric so it slows Clevelands nogoiations down with the Clippers.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks007
    Unless he takes the vet. minimum for what is it now? 1.5-2mm? Which IMO is only what he's worth now anyway.
    just a bit of clarification on the vet minimum...and of course im not sure how/if this is changed in the new cba....

the vet minimum is different fromt the two exceptions that are available...

MLE- i think we are all familiar with this one...average salary(approx 5 mill right now) available to all teams over the cap every year...

1 MILL exception- currently about 1.6 million and available to those teams over the cap every other year(sometimes called the LLE-lower level exception)

the vet minimum is different from these....depending on ur length of service in the league determines what ur salary is...for someone whos been in the league as long as dale i believe that actually is over a million a year...for some reason im remembering 10 years being somewhere around the million dollar mark...now...i believe u can sign as many of these guys as u want...in fact im pretty sure of it....no matter ur cap position u can always sign a guy to a minimum contract(in fact i think there might even be a part of that contract that is actually paid by the league-cant remember the details)

the only kicker to this is that these guys can only be signed to 2 year contracts....so if dale was to sign for the vet min he could only be signed for two years...however if he was signed using the LLE he could be signed for a longer period of time...

PacerNthaDesert

Geez, will this clown ever make a damn decision?!?!

I'd rather have this guy anyway... :johnson:

In re-reading the Blahzay article and knowing that "Jasikevicius reportedly turned down a contract from Boston recently worth $1.6 million per season." I'm concluding we started out with an offer of $.6 million a year, and now we are up to $5 million.

If these reports are factual in would seem like we are in a bidding war. If Sarunas is really worth the mid level why did we give him a low ball offer of $.6?

Is Bird letting his ego get in the way here, and just not wanting to get beat?

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    In re-reading the Blahzay article and knowing that "Jasikevicius reportedly turned down a contract from Boston recently worth $1.6 million per season." I'm concluding we started out with an offer of $.6 million a year, and now we are up to $5 million.

If these reports are factual in would seem like we are in a bidding war. If Sarunas is really worth the mid level why did we give him a low ball offer of $.6?

Is Bird letting his ego get in the way here, and just not wanting to get beat?
    how did u come up with the .6 figure, will?

i hardly think that bird thought he could get saras for less than what hes paying gill....

now i wouldnt be surprised at the very beginning of this, way back when....that maybe bird was thinking about the LLE for 2 years....hence 1.6 million for 2 years...

then subsequently the agent came out with the reports in the press that he wanted 3 years and 10 mill...something i thought at the time was thrown out there as something that was drastically higher than what they thought they would get...why else would an agent put out a 'reasonable' figure in the press that would get his client????

the fact this thing has taken on a life of its own and turned into a bidding war is an agents dream....and i think the saras camp is giddy...and i think bird is probably pretty pi$$ed off about the whole thing, hence the juan dixon mention...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    [SIZE=3]how did u come up with the .6 figure, will?
    [SIZE]
    Mathematics.

Internet reports said this: "Jasikevicius reportedly turned down a contract from Boston recently worth $1.6 million per season."

The Blahzay article said this: "Boston then made an offer which was . . . roughly a million dollars per season more than the first offer from Indiana."

foretaz

Mathematics.

Internet reports said this: "Jasikevicius reportedly turned down a contract from Boston recently worth $1.6 million per season."

The Blahzay article said this: "Boston then made an offer which was . . . roughly a million dollars per season more than the first offer from Indiana."
    i gotcha....i see what ur talkin bout now...

seems something is probably incorrect...i dont know bout u, but i always kinda doubted that amount of the boston contract....it did seem rather low given the talks going on at the time....

either way...two reports and they dont jive?? imagine that...

Naptown Seth

I still have to wonder if this guy's worth all the fuss. There's such a huge talent gap between the Euroleague and the NBA. Did you all know that Anthony Parker is considered the best player in the Euroleague? The same Anthony Parker who was a late 1st round pick in 1997, and couldn't quite cut it in the NBA. Think about that for a moment.
    I guess it's all in the skills translation.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    I still have to wonder if this guy's worth all the fuss. There's such a huge talent gap between the Euroleague and the NBA.
    I think the Spurs would disagree......

Tony Parker, Manu, Beno Udrich. And they've got Oberto coming in, plus they'll get value for the rights to Luis Scola.

I'd say Euroleague has been pretty good to the current champs....

In addition, this guy carved up a backcourt of Wade, Iverson and Marbury last summer. I don't know what more he has to do to impress anyone.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

Tony Parker, Manu, Beno Udrich. And they've got Oberto coming in, plus they'll get value for the rights to Luis Scola.

In addition, this guy carved up a backcourt of Wade, Iverson and Marbury last summer. I don't know what more he has to do to impress anyone.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Naptown Seth

Tony Parker never played in the Euroleague. He played in Ligue Nationale de Basketball (LNB), the French pro basketball league.

Oberto is nothing but cheap bigman insurance. He probably wont play more than 300 minutes the entire season.

Beno wasn't that good. He was overrated by people thinking every late-Spurs pick was the next Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker. Beno has A LOT to prove.

Luis Scola has proven as much as Saras - nothing. He's also undersized (6'9" 230 lb.) and considered unathletic by NBA standards. NBADraft.net compares him to a poor mans Kenny Thomas. He has DISAPPOINTMENT written all over him, this is provided he ever comes to the NBA.

I'd have to say Tim Duncan's been even better to the current champs. Withont him noone cares about the rest of the guys mentioned.

In addition, this guy carved up a backcourt of Wade, Iverson and Marbury last summer.
    1, 2 games in the Olympics means squat.They were playing by his rules (Euroleague rules), in his home (Europe). Not to mention almost the entire team USA played next to no defense the entire tournament, because quite frankly they didn't care enough.

I don't know what more he has to do to impress anyone.
    Prove it in the big boys league. He'll get his chance, provided he doesn't "backout" and resign with Macabbi Tel Aviv.

the French pro basketball league.
    france isn't in europe?

I'm not trying to be specific on the various european leagues. Quality NBA players have come from almost all of them. The point is, European basketball is a gold mine when tapped properly, like the Spurs have proven.

Luis Scola has proven as much as Saras - nothing. He's also undersized (6'9" 230 lb.) and considered unathletic by NBA standards. NBADraft.net compares him to a poor mans Kenny Thomas. He has DISAPPOINTMENT written all over him.
    Just like Manu and Nocioni have been disappointments?

This is the same NBAdraft.net that gave the CLippers an E grade for trading Tyson Chandler for Elton Brand? Just checking.

Beno wasn't that good. He was overrated by people thinking every late-Spurs pick was the next Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker. Beno has A LOT to prove.
    As backup PGs go, I'd say 15 or so teams would take him as their primary backup right now, and the kid only has 1 year under his belt.

I'd have to say Tim Duncan's been even better to the current champs. Withont him noone cares about the rest of the guys mentioned.
    Yeah, we all saw how worthless Manu was without Duncan last summer.

1, 2 games in the Olympics means squat.They were playing by his rules (Euroleague rules), in his home (Europe). Not to mention almost the entire team USA played next to no defense the entire tournament, because quite frankly they didn't care enough.
    .....and yet they managed to lead the tournament in fewest ppg allowed and forced turnovers.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I think that original Boston 1.6mil figure is false. Its less money than he would earn in Europe and seemed abit much of an insult considering he had asked for 10mil/3yrs.
    If Boston first offered 3mil say, then Pacers offered 4mil, Utah and Cavs maybe offered full MLE, now Pacers have increased their offer to MLE also.

Earlier this offseason I would have said re-signing DD was 1st priority, but we could potentially cover DD chasing the $ with Hulk. I think Saras' style of play best suits what the Pacers need from the backup PG position, someone who can push the ball, create offense and shoot it, much the same skill set as Tins. I think AJ will become more of a situational / defense orientated player if we are to run with 3 capable PGs. I'm fine with LB/DW offereing Saras the full MLE, I think he will be well worth it.

I really hope DD signs for the vets min, since he has shown he can be quite effective in limited minutes.

Naptown Seth

france isn't in europe?

I'm not trying to be specific on the various european leagues. Quality NBA players have come from almost all of them. The point is, European basketball is a gold mine when tapped properly, like the Spurs have proven.
    You specifically said Euroleague. And the rest of the European basketball leagues have no association with the Euroleague. Its like comparing the NBA to the USBL.

Just like Manu and Nocioni have been disappointments?
    No, the way Zoran Planinic, Bruno Sundov, Mario Kasun, Jiri Welsch, Ndudi Ebi, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, Boris Diaw, Jerome Moiso, Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Jake Tsakalidis, Andris Biendrins, Maciej Lampe, Viktor Khryapa, Pavel Podkolzine, Zarko Cabarkapa, Predrag Drobnjak, Marko Jaric, Darko Milicic, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Zeljko Rebraca, Bostjan Nachbar, Rasho Nesterovic, Sasha Vujacic, Raul Lopez, Stanislav Medvedenko, and Vitaly Potapenko have been disappointments.
    And Nocioni is solid, but certainly nothing to write home about.

This is the same NBAdraft.net that gave the CLippers an E grade for trading Tyson Chandler for Elton Brand? Just checking.
    I don't know what you mean by this. But even great sites like NBADraft.net get them wrong occasionally.

As backup PGs go, I'd say 15 or so teams would take him as their primary backup right now, and the kid only has 1 year under his belt.
    And 14 of those teams would be lottery teams looking for any added hope for the future. I'm not saying Udrih has no future, I'm saying he's got a lot to prove before he's considered anything more than a project in the NBA.

Yeah, we all saw how worthless Manu was without Duncan last summer.
    When he lead the Spurs to an NBA championship?
    First of all, I never said anything about Manu. He's one of the rare great players out of Europe. But you have to be kidding me if you think winning a gold medal against teams filled with guys who would get rejected from NCAA Division III schools is in any way, shape, or form as impressive an accomplishment as winning an NBA championship.
    If team USA even bothered to show up, they sweep the tournament. Unfortuantely they did not. So what can I say? Argentina's the best of a group of mediocre national teams. Yay for them!

.....and yet they managed to lead the tournament in fewest ppg allowed and forced turnovers.
    Still doesn't mean they played defense, it just shows you how pathetic the rest of the words defenses are, and helps backup my point that these Euro guys should have to prove it in the big boys league before anyone wets their pants over them.

But you have to be kidding me if you think winning a gold medal against teams filled with guys who would get rejected from NCAA Division III schools is in any way, shape, or form as impressive an accomplishment as winning an NBA championship.
    You mean like team USA?

I don't know what you mean by this. But even great sites like NBADraft.net get them wrong occasionally.
    Sorry, give me a second to clean my glasses. I thought you just said that NBAdraft.ne was a great site.....

And 14 of those teams would be lottery teams looking for any added hope for the future. I'm not saying Udrih has no future, I'm saying he's got a lot to prove before he's considered anything more than a project in the NBA.
    Did I say 15? That was a typo. I meant 25.

If team USA even bothered to show up, they sweep the tournament. Unfortuantely they did not. So what can I say? Argentina's the best of a group of mediocre national teams. Yay for them!
    wow, it's the "we were the better team, we just didn't feel like trying" excuse.

ANybody that saw that Argentine team play can admit that they were the best team. You could offer team USA 10 million each to win the gold medal, and it wouldn't have made any difference. Argentina was simply a better TEAM, despite not having the best talent.

Sorry, that doesn't fly here. They beat us fair and square, no excuses.

So what can I say? Argentina's the best of a group of mediocre national teams. Yay for them!
    .....like team USA...

Still doesn't mean they played defense
    The fatc they led the league in every possible defensive category doesn't prove they played defense?

it just shows you how pathetic the rest of the words defenses are, and helps backup my point that these Euro guys should have to prove it in the big boys league before anyone wets their pants over them.
    The same pathetic teams like Puerto Rico, Italy, Argentina that all took team USA behind the woodshed? How does that work?

Seems to me that if one Euro has proved anything, it's Jasikevicius.

Guys like him and Anthony Parker have developed in Europe because here they have the playing time needed to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    I think that original Boston 1.6mil figure is false. Its less money than he would earn in Europe and seemed abit much of an insult considering he had asked for 10mil/3yrs.
    If Boston first offered 3mil say, then Pacers offered 4mil, Utah and Cavs maybe offered full MLE, now Pacers have increased their offer to MLE also.
    Could be, but it was said to be a low ball offer at the time. Which if it was a million more than Indiana's means we really low balled him.

Another thing, both the $1.6 million Boston offered, and the 10mil/3yrs, were widely reported. Under those circumstances it seems strange to believe one report and not the other.

As for what he really was offered it does no good to speculate on that because we have no way of knowing. We all know Internet reports don't mean anything.

One thing on your figures I know is wrong is the Cavs offering the MLE. They don't have it to offer. Exceptions are for teams over the cap.

If all a teams exceptions don't put it over the cap, it loses them. Cleveland was $28 million under the cap. When you add all the exceptions up they don't put Cleveland over the cap, so they were lost.

Another thing about the Cavs offer. They won't know what the cap figure will be until it is announced, so they can't know exactly how much they have free under the cap, thus they don't know exactly how much they can offer Sarunas. Thinking is that they will end up 3.5 under the cap. If we are offering the full MLE of $5 million then Cleveland will have to free up some money, maybe by trading Gooden.

A straight up trade to the Clippers for Jaric probably won't be enough. Gooden makes $4,065,811. Add 25% plus $100,000 to that and they could offer Jaric, $5,182,263, which just about matches what the mid level should be. That would match are offer. Trouble is Jaric is a restricted free agent and can probably get more than that, so they would have to expand the trade.

If Sarunas wants to wait, Cleveland can probably free up enough money to get him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This thread is very hard to read. In confuses and infuriates me!

My uncle works for the Chicago White Sox, and has inside information. But he won't reveal anything to me or my brother, or my other uncle. He keeps information tight because it's not suppose to get out. Now, imagine that, someone not spilling the beans to their own family.

So this guy is so close with Jackassavicious's agent that the agent is willing to give him all kinds of inside information?

When someone with, 'inside information' makes a post, it's about 99.9% false. I've never, ever, read one that was correct. Some are close, but I could make something up that could pass as 'inside information'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton

So this guy is so close with Jackassavicious's agent that the agent is willing to give him all kinds of inside information?
    I just wanted to point out you're not a very good speller.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just wanted to point out you're not a very good speller.
    My bad, William, by bad.