Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So let's talk about the roster...

Default Re: So let's talk about the roster...

What some people call a problem at the backup power forward spot, I call a bigger problem at the starting center spot.

Jeff Foster as the backup big man is virtually ideal, considering the offensive punch that would inevitably be on the floor with him. Jeff Foster (or DD) as a starting center is far from ideal.

Moreover, I really don't understand how some of the same people who say there's a backup power forward problem also go on to say that Jermaine O'Neal needs too many touches. This is Jermaine O'Neal. He's going to play 36 minutes. What more offense do you want from the position?

You're only as good as your top seven will take you. We've got six, plus a rookie and some guys who, while solid, won't see the floor enough to matter (unless David Harrison learns to rebound and defend).

If I'm BirdWalsh, I'm not sitting on the couch smoking a cigar over a solid addition. I'm looking for the final piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I I'd consider trading FJ and Foster for a backup PF that can play in the post.
    I'm laughing at myself because no way they do it but the first name that popped in my head was Nene. And Denver really needs outside shooting in case Lenard isn't 100%.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Gamble

No way we trade Foster for anyone. The man gets offense rebounds like an
    animal even with a busted bag on his hip. One scoring post player at a time anything
    else is my clogged toliet in the paint. And since i am here Tinsley is one of my
    favorite pg and JO is one of my favorite pF good thing i am a Pacer fan but
    Sars is about leadership and Larry had that in mine for a long time. JO is not a
    leader and neither is Tinsley but Sars is. Watch him take the starting spot away
    from Tinsley and make this team his. Hopefully a team with a ring with lots of
    diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm laughing at myself because no way they do it but the first name that popped in my head was Nene. And Denver really needs outside shooting in case Lenard isn't 100%.
    Don't feel bad I had one too.

Foster & Jones for Troy Murphy.

GS just drafted a PF & they are looking for somebody to bang inside.

Works on real gm anyway.

sweabs

The guy I'm thinking of is PJ Brown. But I just don't know why New Orleans would want to trade him for one of our guys.

I mentioned in another thread that Freddie + Bender for PJ works...but no way would they do that.