Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artest interview on WXIN 59 tonight at 10:30

Default Re: Artest interview on WXIN 59 tonight at 10:30

Ron looked good and said all the right things there. I like him and want him on this team, but one thing concerned me.

Did anyone else think about Ron's new album coming out in freaking NOVEMBER .....Apparently, Ron didn't learn anything about having to promote an album DURING THE FREAKING SEASON.....

God I hope this doesn't play out like last year again......

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron looked good and said all the right things there. I like him and want him on this team, but one thing concerned me.

Did anyone else think about Ron's new album coming out in freaking NOVEMBER .....Apparently, Ron didn't learn anything about having to promote an album DURING THE FREAKING SEASON.....

God I hope this doesn't play out like last year again......
    I assume this is actually Ron's own album and not someone he is producing...
    Therefore (benefit of the doubt mode is now on) it will be naturally promoted by Ron's play on the court and regular NBA appearances.

Of course if he wants to traditionally support it with concerts and the like... welll.... (benefit of the doubt mode is now off) ...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    No but with Magic you can tell he just isnt good with public interviews.

But with Artest you can tell he had some PR guy in his ear telling him "If they ask you this,say this". "If they say this,you reply with this".
    You're correct. It seems this way because he HAS hired a PR firm to help him with post-brawl damage control. It was a place out of Tennessee, if I recall correctly.

They were given credit for Ron avoiding all public appearances after the post-brawl interviews. Those were awful. No remorse, plugs of his CD, complete ignorance of what he should do or what he should say.

He was right to hire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    You're correct. It seems this way because he HAS hired a PR firm to help him with post-brawl damage control. It was a place out of Tennessee, if I recall correctly.

They were given credit for Ron avoiding all public appearances after the post-brawl interviews. Those were awful. No remorse, plugs of his CD, complete ignorance of what he should do or what he should say.

He was right to hire them.

Exactly,thats what Im saying so when all the people on here are saying "oh he just doesnt speak well in public"..yes part of that is true,but Id say its like this 70% of what he says is what some PR person told him to say.And about 30% of the rest of what he says is the "real" ron.

Like when Ron says "ill always be hood"....that is not PR related.

When Ron was on Donny Deutch and said "My wonderful teammates"...that was PR related.

foretaz

rons interviews and his public speaking were just the same before the brawl and before the pr firm...

some people are more comfortable and fluent than others in their speech, and especially when being interviewed....

ron is, by all reports, a person that likes to stay to himself, his family etc...teammates have pointed out in the past hes not the easiest person to get to know or what have u....

most people have environments they are more comfortable in than others...rons appear to be on the basketball court and at home...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    rons interviews and his public speaking were just the same before the brawl and before the pr firm...

some people are more comfortable and fluent than others in their speech, and especially when being interviewed....

ron is, by all reports, a person that likes to stay to himself, his family etc...teammates have pointed out in the past hes not the easiest person to get to know or what have u....

most people have environments they are more comfortable in than others...rons appear to be on the basketball court and at home...

I agree to a point,but he has interviewed ALOT different since appearing on the "Today Show" when he was promoting his album.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    I agree to a point,but he has interviewed ALOT different since appearing on the "Today Show" when he was promoting his album.
    i would agree with the fact ron has always struggled to verbalize his thoughts....the fact that so many are interested in hearing what he has to say-many for the purpose of trying to villify him...while others are wanting to hear him say things that vindicate him...its all alot of pressure....

which only adds to the struggles he already had....

So Ronnie's wearing #15 this year...
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.