Thread: Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

Default Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/09/...-kevin-durant/

Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to email (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)

Apparently, some Thunder players still are not ready to move on from their anger at Kevin Durant. (Most Thunder fans would applaud that sentiment.)

Enes Kanter was willing to move on. The scoring big man for OKC was set to play in a summer pickup game with other NBA players such as LeBron James — a common thing, NBA players work out with each other all summer — when he got a text. Kanter laid it out on Timeout with Taylor Rooks podcast last week, via The Oklahoman.

“I’m not gonna tell who, but one of my teammates a couple weeks before that scrimmage game said, ‘If I see picture of you and KD’ – because he knows that KD lives in the same apartment as me – ‘don’t come back to OKC,’” Kanter said.

Kanter said he told the game organizer he wanted to be on the other team, and he was at first, but we all know how pickup games go, teams get switched around. Kanter ended up playing with KD for a stretch.

“He called me and said, ‘Did you talk to him?’” Kanter said. “He heard about the game so he asked me if I talked to him, if I was friendly or not, if I was on his team. I was like, ‘I was not on his team.’ He was like, ‘You’re lying. I watched. You were on his team.’ I was like, ‘Maybe I was on his team a little bit.’…

“First time he walked into the gym, it was awkward,” Kanter said. “But the stuff going on, it’s only on the court. Outside, I believe he’s a really, really nice guy. He’s always a chill dude. He came to me and said ‘What’s up?’ and of course I shook his hand.”

Most NBA players are quick to separate the business part of the game from the personal (something being a fan, by its nature, never really allows). Current players almost never criticize the move of a teammate to play where he wants or to chase a paycheck (in Durant’s case, it wasn’t about the money but rather the environment he wanted to play in). But that’s not universal.

Durant has moved on, and he’s got his ring (or, more accurately, his first ring). Some former Thunder teammates are still feeling betrayed.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

It was Roberson, wasn't it?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

Hell, if that locker room in OKC is that childish... Maybe I can understand why Durant left.

Good luck, Paul.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell, if that locker room in OKC is that childish... Maybe I can understand why Durant left.

Good luck, Paul.
    Its only one year and will probably still be less awkward than had he stayed here another season.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Good luck, Paul.
    I'd say he is a good fit then

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Good luck, Paul.
    If OKC's Locker room is that childish it fits Paul perfectly. He is as childish as they are after all.
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrBadd01 For This Useful Post:

I ageee the whole thing is childish.

With that said, I guess I am in the minority of not having a HUGE problem with it. We, as fans, say we want players to not be friends and to have that killer mentality. Like I said, it is kind of silly, but KD left a team that almost knocked out the champs to join them. I could see teammates holdin g a grudge.

Maybe be its silly, but I'd also call it immature to leak the story.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Maybe be its silly, but I'd also call it immature to leak the story.
    It's even more immature to tell your teammate not to talk to a former teammate.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

I like it. It's a nice change of pace to the usual boring "buddy buddy" off-season moments.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    I like it. It's a nice change of pace to the usual boring "buddy buddy" off-season moments.
    I admit that's why this doesn't bother me now I want to know which teammate said this. I don't think its Westbrook he's been upfront with how he felt about Durant's departure so why would Kanter keep his name out of it?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Wasn't Durant clowning Kanter in a nationally televised game about him being a "bench" player?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It's even more immature to tell your teammate not to talk to a former teammate.
    I never said it wasn't immature..........