Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PD Mini-Gathering, Sunday, 7/31, Noon at BWW-Castleton

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PD Mini-Gathering, Sunday, 7/31, Noon at BWW-Castleton

When you first walk in, I believe you're in the regular dining area, and if you hang a right, you head towards the bar area, where all the tv's are.

I would say, just everyone head towards the bar area, and if you are the first one there, find a decent sized table, and we'll surely see you, especially if anyone is all decked out in Pacers gear.

There shouldn't be a crowd in there at noon on Sunday, so we might be the only patrons in there.

I plan on leaving at about 10:30 or so, I should be there right around noon.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

I'm hoping to get there a little before noon - see you guys there!
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Mood

Shade, Jose, anyone else going to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shade, Jose, anyone else going to be there?
    I had originally planned on coming when it was scheduled during the week. Unfortunately, I have to trip with the fams to the bustling cultural mecca of Kewanna, IN. for a birthday party. Have fun and don't anyone let Shade manipulate you icily.

Mood

I spent some time in Castleton at Best Buy and Fry's (man that place is big) after we parted ways this afternoon, so I just got home.

I had a good time today. It was very nice to meet BostonConnection, co-starring in Hoosiers. Nice to see burnzone, Shade, and Jose again. Nice to meet his quiet son, too.

We were all there a little after 12, and in the end it was burnzone, myself and BC, and we called it a day around 4:45.

BC had the quote of the day describing Larry Bird's hands.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Thumbs up Re: PD Mini-Gathering, Sunday, 7/31, Noon at BWW-Castleton

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I spent some time in Castleton at Best Buy and Fry's (man that place is big) after we parted ways this afternoon, so I just got home.

I had a good time today. It was very nice to meet BostonConnection, co-starring in Hoosiers. Nice to see burnzone, Shade, and Jose again. Nice to meet his quiet son, too.

We were all there a little after 12, and in the end it was burnzone, myself and BC, and we called it a day around 4:45.

BC had the quote of the day describing Larry Bird's hands.
    I had a fun time finally meeting Hicks, Shade, and burnzone, and talking with Jose in person again. It's a credit to the forum that everyone I've been able to meet over the years is not only extremely knowledgeable about Pacer basketball and the NBA but also genuinely great guys. Looking forward to catching up more people in the future!

Now if I can just make a screen capture of my "big scene" in Hoosiers into an avatar...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

I had a great time getting to talk to Boston Connection, Hicks, Shade, and Jose Slaughter.

As many of you know from going to other gatherings, time just flies by when you're talking basketball, it made 4.5 hours seem like 15 minutes, and I wish we could have had more time, but it was a Sunday, and an improv get together, but was still very enjoyable.

Boston Connection is a very nice guy, and I am glad I had the chance to meet him, and talk basketball, he is very knowledgable, as are most members of the forum.

It was also nice to see Hicks, Shade, and Jose again, I always enjoy talking with those guys, a lot of Pacers, and basketball knowledge in general, and different perspectives, and viewpoints to go around.

Jose Slaughter brought his son, who seemed to be a very nice young man, quiet, but all of us were quiet at our first PD get together, so that's to be expected.

This one was a little different in that we didn't have Peck to be the leader, and ringmaster, but I think we managed well considering, plus, with a smaller group, as BC pointed out, it was easier to get more one on one, and personal, and get to know each other a little better.

I look forward to the next gathering in the fall, it's always nice if members from out of state are able to come to town and get together, and it's great to be able to meet new people.

Again, anyone who has never been to a PD gathering, I highly suggest you come out to one, even if you think you'd feel uncomfortable, that feeling will soon go away as soon as you get there, it is more of a family type atmosphere, and age differences do not matter.

What do you guys think about having some sort of get together the day of the home opener if at all possible? I am 100% sure I will be there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was great finally getting to meet you, BC! And it was also great seeing burnzone, Hicks, and Jose again, as well as Jose's son.

One day, I shall meet Rimfire...
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."