Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If either Artest or O'Neal had to go...

Default Re: If either Artest or O'Neal had to go...

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Ron is hardly a top 10 player
    Well, you disagree with Larry Bird.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Well, you disagree with Larry Bird.

I guess so.

Ron is a top 10 talent, but hardly a top 10 player.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    so i guess ur acknowledging that jay was ranting....we agree...

Even if I was, so what? Or is ranting now prohibited on message boards? If so, I guess I should delete the "fifteen new players thread" although I thought that generated a pretty good discussion. And, my goodness, how will Peck ever survive?

ive made my feelings known on the subject....and in this case the subject he was addressing and what was being discussed were two different things...

Not true at all. Why do I have to keep running through history lessons when everything is in this one thread?

The premise was, "if the chemistry is so bad that one has to go, what would you do and what would LB do?" And UncleBuck said he'd force them to get along, which is an odd comment.

My answer was that although JO might be more tradeable, I'd be concerned that whether Ron would accept being second fiddle to *anyone*, not just JO.

You then went on a well-intentioned, but inaccurate account of peace-and-harmony, a "clean state" as you called it, while ignoring the fact that two of them were indeed fighting during that time period and Ron was benched/suspended for it.

So I reminded you of the history between JO and Ron, and also inferred that Rick and Ron have had a few well-documented problems, too. I think its quite relevant to the discussion of "if either Artest or O'Neal had to go" to make that decision within the context of their often-contentious history.

since im not that interested in being baited into an argument that serves no purpose....i responded in the manner i felt appropriate....

How is that possibly baiting? There was one little comment that might've been in the light-gray area when I said,

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    well that's laughable case of ignoring the facts to make a weak case.
    Perhaps I should get one lashing with a wet noodle for that one. But I really doubt that anyone would actually consider that to be anything more than asking you to either (1) do a better job of making your case, or even better (2) concede the point. If you'd take that comment and turn it into a flame war.... well, that's true, we're trying to avoid over-reactions like that.

when i have a viewpoint i feel is worthwhile, ill state it along with the facts that i feel are relevant...the same holds true if someone disagrees with me....

Maybe, but several of us have been in discussions with you in which we were basically told that our "speculation" was invalid, and your speculation was the only valid alternative.

in this case jay wasnt really disagreeing with me as much as he was just using the opportunity to restate his feelings on things, while apparently trying to bait me....as stated, i have no interest in that....

First, I appreciate that you're not taking the bait. But as said above, I'd hardly call my post "baiting."

Secondly, I really was disagreeing with you. There was no "clean slate" last season, like you want to believe. There were major problems that many of us (including some of Ron's most ardent supporters) are legitimately concerned about.

BTW, I've got no problem with either smiley you used. I chuckled out loud when I saw each of them. But I don't see much humor in calling my post a "bait".

It was intended to draw a response - a civil discussion on the revelance of the question, "Will Ron be willing to be anybody's second banana, or it is just a personal problem with JO?" Because I still really believe the answer to the question this thread is asking is dependent on the answer to the question I'm asking.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

woman without a team

Larry would be a fool to trade Jermaine. Since it's no secret what I think of Larry I guess that means he'd side with Ron.