Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Blahzay" updates on Sarunas

Default Re: "Blahzay" updates on Sarunas

Dale's gonna get offers more than the LLE, thanks to all these FA's re-signing with their own teams. For example, Seattle still has $10M to spend. Even if they get Dixon, they'll still have more than enough money to offer Dale.

IMO, the only way we lose Dale is if he feels insulted by our offer. If we offer him considerably less than other teams, then he (not to mention his agent and brother) will feel so.

As for Sara, I'm sick to death of hearing about him and I don't care what we do anymore. If we want him as a 2, I'm fine with that. If we want him as a 1, and we re-arrange our roster to facilitate that, I won't be happy, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm now convinced that Freddie is gone, no matter what happens. If we lose Dale, I'll just hope that it means more minutes for David, but knowing Rick, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man, this makes my head hurt.

At this point, I hope we sign Saras to the MLE and Dale to the LLE.

Our lineup:

C - DD/Foster/Harrison/Pollard
    PF - JO/Cro
    SF - Ronnie/Granger/Bender
    SG - Jack/Freddie
    PG - Tins/Saras/AJ/Gill

That's a full 15-man roster, barring any trades/cuts. We'd be 4-deep at the toughest positions to fill (C and PG). Sounds good to me.

This guy better be good, good enough to eventually challenge for Tins' spot, if we are giving him the full MLE.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This guy better be good, good enough to eventually challenge for Tins' spot, if we are giving him the full MLE.
    As long as we don't lose Dale, I say go for it. I like JJ, but he's ultimately expendable, esecially with Ron and Granger now on board, plus...dare I say...a HEALTHY Bender?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    As long as we don't lose Dale, I say go for it. I like JJ, but he's ultimately expendable, esecially with Ron and Granger now on board, plus...dare I say...a HEALTHY Bender?!
    Never!

And you know, we should just dump Bender and resign JJ. That would be smart
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    ily.

So this guy is so close with Jackassavicious's agent that the agent is willing to give him all kinds of inside information?

While I agree that I don't put a lot of faith in this, for the record he said he is a professional soccer player and he and Viciousjackass share the same agent. If true, that would be a fairly credible source. That, imo, would be a pretty close relationship, if true. Just wanted to point out what this guy has said previously.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Before this goes even more out of control, I think it's failed logic to say that Saras has been offered $5MM/yr. Let's look at the quote again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahzay
    Well, the news from my source is that both Indiana and Cleveland have upped the heat in the bidding war and right now Indiana have pretty much offered him the maximum they have to give...
    "Maximum they have to give" could possibly but does not necissarily mean the full MLE. In fact, I doubt it. It probably means the max that the organization has authorized considering other factors, including other talent/signing needs. I'm going to guess he's been offerd around $2MM so that more than half of the MLE is still available.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Never!

And you know, we should just dump Bender and resign JJ. That would be smart
    Yes, I agree on that. We will all be feeling stupid, when yet again, Bender is hurt and can't play.

Then we will wish we'd had re-signed JJ.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by indyblue47
    Lithuanian basketball star and former Maryland guard Sarunas Jasikevicius has agreed to a three-year free agent deal with the Indiana Pacers, a source told ESPN Radio's Doug Gottlieb on Sunday.

The signing will become official after the NBA free-agent signing moratorium is lifted on July 28.

Jasikevicius, who won a gold medal at the 2003 European Championships and a bronze medal at the 2000 Olympic Games, chose the Pacers over the Portland Trail Blazers, Utah Jazz, Cleveland Cavaliers and Seattle SuperSonics. Jasikevicius is said to truly respect coach Rick Carlisle and the entire Indiana organization.

Jasikevicius, who played collegiately at Maryland from 1994-'98, most recently played for Maccabi Tel Aviv from 2003-2005 and F.C. Barcelona from 2000-2003. He has been the point guard for the last three Euroleague champions.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2115697

Congrats to Blahzay for proving to be legit.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blahzay definitely deserves some props on this one, he had the scoop on this happening about a month ago, although to most people then, it seemed like a stretch, but he gets the from me on this one.

I found this on a Cavs site by a guy named daytripper01:

I heard from a very second hand source that Indiana was Sarunas' preferred destination from the start.

Indiana was the first team to give Sarunas an offer. Their first offer was low but they were told to wait and see how their offer stacked up. Boston was the second team but Sarunas and his agent rejected that offer and basically told Ainge he had no interest in playing for the C's.

Cleveland than entered the picture and basically offered slightly below what Indiana offered. The agent told the Cavs to wait and see.

Utah entered the picture after they lost out on Daniels. They offered much more than Cleveland or Indiana.

Both the Cavs and Indiana upped their offers.

Sarunas supposedly wants to play for the team that has the best chance for a championship. He and his agent believe he has the best chance with the Pacers. You can't blame Ferry for losing out on Jasikevicius...He simply preferred to play with the team he perceived as having the best chance to win a Championship.
    Sounds suspiciously similar, don't it?

Very second hand? I guess that's better than slightly second hand...

Props to Blah, I never doubted him.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?