Thread: Jaric to Cavs?

Default Jaric to Cavs?

Check 'er out:

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39073

Interesting, anyway....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: Jaric to Cavs?

Jaric > Jaskviaccuadcascas. Cavs are doing the right thing by spending their money on a proven player, who has shown he can play in the NBA.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

dumb idea.

Gooden as a 6th man would still be MUCH more valuable to the Cavs than Jaric as a starting PG.

Take away gooden, and they have zero scoring punch on their bench, unless Luke Jackson breaks out.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Check 'er out:

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39073

Interesting, anyway....

grrrr...u have to register

considering the clippers were trying to get SAR...does it talk about trading gooden to the clippers for jaric?

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz

grrrr...u have to register

considering the clippers were trying to get SAR...does it talk about trading gooden to the clippers for jaric?
    You have to register there to see the forum? I didn't know that, they must have changed things.

I will copy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grego
    Cannot confirm with another source yet, but this was heard from Lee Hacksaw XTRA Sports 570 earlier in the day.

They are working on a deal to send Marko Jaric to Cleveland and Drew Gooden to Los Angeles.

Looks like Danny isn't going to take his time to get used to his new situation.

Mood

Interesting. On one hand, this means they'd still have money to offer Jake, but with Jaric they'd have no reason to. So I suppose I hope this is true. Although now it seems like Utah is going to try to pry him away from us.

I refuse to put much stock in anything from someone named, "Lee Hacksaw."

That's almost as bad as "Michael Floorwax."

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

foretaz

actually it would more than likely mean they have even less money to offer saras...

jaric' new contract would probably be more money than what gooden is making...since jaric appears to be able to command the full MLE....since gooden makes less than the mle, cleveland would lose some of its capspace....probably around a million or so....

but who knows.....if they did get both saras and jaric....cleveland is getting pretty goood....no depth after the first 6...but those first 6 are pretty damn solid...

sounds like the detroit plan.....given gilberts fondness for detroit, it really should come as no real surprise....

Gilbert's company (Quicken Loans) still sponsors the Pistons. How that isn't a conflict of interest, I have no clue.

http://cavaliers.mostvaluablenetwork...ndex.php?p=121

Reports out of Cleveland Friday night are indicating that Los Angeles Clippers restricted free agent Marko Jaric, along with forward Chris Wilcox, will be dealt to the Cavaliers in exchange for power forward Drew Gooden and possibly another player. Gooden, who has been in the midst of a whirlwind of trade talks for the past month, was the subject of rumors regarding the Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks. Cleveland, in need of a point guard to round out a grand slam offseason, initially targeted Lithuania’s Sarunas Jasikevicius, with whom many sources believed they had a deal done with. However, talks came out this past week that the Cavs had brought in Jaric and his agent for a visit. Had a deal been done with Jasikevicius or had the Cavs been convinced that he was their point guard for next year, then the Jaric talks would have never been initiated. Not only that, but several sources told me earlier this week that general manager Danny Ferry was, in fact, trying to target one of Dallas’ two young and richly-talented point guards in exchange for Gooden, the most expendable player on the roster.

canyoufeelit

If that move happens, Danny Ferry would turn the balance of power to the East. I don't think people realize how good Wilcox or what he averaged starting next to Brand (18 and 8!)

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    If that move happens, Danny Ferry would turn the balance of power to the East. I don't think people realize how good Wilcox or what he averaged starting next to Brand (18 and 8!)
    I like Wilcox too, but he only averaged 13 and 6 as a starter last year.

It's still a great pick-up for the Cavs, though.

Mood

So, where is Sarunas going to go? Utah or here? (I know we don't know, I'm trying to see what everyone's feelings are)

Utah guarantees a starting spot and big minutes, but we clearly have a much better shot at a title. If that Blahzey guy was right, then he's coming here, but who knows what the story is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks007
    So, where is Sarunas going to go? Utah or here? (I know we don't know, I'm trying to see what everyone's feelings are)

Utah guarantees a starting spot and big minutes, but we clearly have a much better shot at a title. If that Blahzey guy was right, then he's coming here, but who knows what the story is there.
    If the Cavs really are out of the mix, I'm starting to think he really may come here. Not only are we better than Utah, but you would have to think the Arroyo situation last year would have to scare him off a bit. I'm not familar with all the details, but it sounded like the euro-style didn't really float with Sloan.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Gilbert's company (Quicken Loans) still sponsors the Pistons. How that isn't a conflict of interest, I have no clue.
    The malls here owned by the Simons have Spurs gift cards. I'm sure they also have some sort of other advertising deals as well. Just doing buisness.

Being the traitorous bandwagon-jumper that I am, I whole-heartedly approve of this deal.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

What is that Website? A BLog or a "legit" news source, I've never heard of it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Gamble

My God make the trade talks stop. I just want somebody signed sealed and delivered,
    that way i can talk about how much potential they have ie Bender.