Thread: When the Sixers dump Iverson . . .

joro

Default When the Sixers dump Iverson . . .

. . . should the Pacers try to pick him up?

We've been expressing concerns about point guard all season, and Iverson is about the best PG there is -- shooting guard, TOO!

Default Re: When the Sixers dump Iverson . . .

No
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

We have a "real" PG which will be a "great" PG in the future, let's keep that one, he's cheaper and plays team ball
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

If we can keep Ron and JO and keep some size up front I say absolutely. You can't pass up the chance to get a franchise player. Those chances are too rare.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I don't like the choices on this poll.

There is not a "No, not under any circumstances should the Pacers try & get Iverson" question.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

flip

If we can keep Ron and JO and keep some size up front I say absolutely. You can't pass up the chance to get a franchise player. Those chances are too rare.

no way - not even a consideration... we already have our franchise player in reggie, with a backup of jo. iverjerk is not at all a team player, and the pacers just as well start over if he is brought here. terrible consideration.

I'm sorry?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

joro

There is not a "No, not under any circumstances should the Pacers try & get Iverson" question.
    Well, Peckster, I TRIED to put in a SIXTH option, that was (and I quote), "WHAT? Are you out of your freaking mind?!?!"

It wouldn't "take:" i.e., I previewed it with the sixth option there, but when I submitted the thread, it was gone.

I'm confused.

Well, Peckster, I TRIED to put in a SIXTH option, that was (and I quote), "WHAT? Are you out of your freaking mind?!?!"

It wouldn't "take:" i.e., I previewed it with the sixth option there, but when I submitted the thread, it was gone.

I'm confused.
    Try skipping previewing it and just post it.

Not interested.

McGrady, though...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

tdeltdot

iverjerk is not at all a team player, and the pacers just as well start over if he is brought here. terrible consideration.
    Iverson is certainly capable of being a team player. He's fantastic on the national team, and at last year's all-star game he displayed some incredible passing skills. I also think that he is generally a good guy, perhaps, reminding me most of Ronnie. I really think that there's a chance that he'd humble himself if on a team with Reg, Ron and JO.

I say go for the trade - empty the coffers!

duaneok66

what a joke, the guy just folded up on his team, and some of you guys think he'd be a good fit . . .

too funny . . .

duaneok66

Iverson is about the best PG there is
    Even Tinsley is a better "point guard" than Iverson . . .

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What Peck Wrote!!! IMO Iverson EPITOMIZES what is wrong with the NBA today. The sefishness exhibited by many of it's "stars" is killing fan interest and is a leading reason for empty seats in the house.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

tdeltdot

Iverson isn't a PG. Eric Snow is the Sixer's PG.

duaneok66

Iverson isn't a PG. Eric Snow is the Sixer's PG.
    I'm not the one you need to tell that to, I already know . . .

tdeltdot

What Peck Wrote!!! IMO Iverson EPITOMIZES what is wrong with the NBA today. The sefishness exhibited by many of it's "stars" is killing fan interest and is a leading reason for empty seats in the house.
    Wow. You would have to do some serious elaboration if you cared to prove the latter point...

Mood

OK let's say IMO....yada yada whatever.

Listening to fans talk on radio and reading their comments it is very obvious that fans are less and less willing to spend the bucks on "selfish and spoiled" milliionaire brats. There are thousands of reasons attendance is dropping and this is one of them. AI is the prime example of the rich spoiled brat that I refered to.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

tdeltdot

Listening to fans talk on radio and reading their comments it is very obvious that fans are less and less willing to spend the bucks on "selfish and spoiled" milliionaire brats. There are thousands of reasons attendance is dropping and this is one of them. AI is the prime example of the rich spoiled brat that I refered to.
    I think that maybe you're giving a little bit too much credence to the professed reasons that fans are giving. Everyone likes to add a little sanctimony to what may be purely financial (i.e. the economy + nutty ticket prices), or otherwise mundane, reasons. no? Esp. the embittered and crotchety types who phone into talk radio stations and post on internet fan boards...

Banned

There was no choice for "no, not under any circumstances" so I'm not going to vote.

The last thing the Pacers need is a selfish point guard who puts his personal agenda ahead of the team's agenda. AI is all about AI. Sure he has great individual skills, and that will win a certain amount of games, but it's not going to make the Pacers the best team in the NBA.

Adding AI to the current mix would destroy the team.

Mood

I think that maybe you're giving a little bit too much credence to the professed reasons that fans are giving. Everyone likes to add a little sanctimony to what may be purely financial (i.e. the economy + nutty ticket prices), or otherwise mundane, reasons. no? Esp. the embittered and crotchety types who phone into talk radio stations and post on internet fan boards...
    Actually, I was putting 2+2 together to come up with a hypothesis. Hear em biatch and see them not buy tickets....2+2 = 4....but as a wise person once said...

There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Tim

Bring Ivy here?

People complain about AL having ego issues, talent or not he can't come here. Pacers are the Spurs of the East now, Nice guys. Reggie isn't even considered a villian anymore.

joro

Hey, everybody, I hope you don't think this was an idea I was advocating. I just wanted to put a little different twist on the griping I've heard on this board (and more on the Indy Star board) about perceived and/or alleged problems with point guard.

I honestly would LOVE to have Iverson's talent, but there is NO talent for which it is worth enduring his adolescent selfishness.

It's been interesting reading your responses. Thanks!

Remember, as I posted earlier, there was supposed to be a sixth option that read, "WHAT? Are you out of your freaking mind!?!?" That's how I would have voted.

Your humble servant,

joro