Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bibby

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Mike Bibby

Quote Originally Posted by canyoufeelit
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bibby is NOT a marginally better player than Tinsley. Neither are much defensively so I won't mention that. But Bibby is better at running a team than Tinsley, which is impressive since Bibby is somewhat of a shoot-first PG. And of couse you know Bibby is an infinitely better shooter, more of a leader, doesn't get rattled by end-game pressure, and won't turn a game into a one-on-one duel vs. Ben Wallace which Tinsley does and invariably loses.

With Tinsley and the Pacers offensive players and philosophy, they will be subject to long offensive droughts. With Bibby that doesn't happen.
    Wow! That was a one-sided way of viewing Tins. Almost like sayng Rasheed ALWAYS leaves his man at last second defensive plays. Even though most things may be true you are certainly making it look worse than it is and btw there is NO WAY I would want my team to pay Bibby the $$$ he gets payed by the Kings, thats just too much .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

People are missing the most important part of this.

Bibby is reliable, Tinsley is not. I'll pay Bibby double to get TWICE the games played

canyoufeelit

Ok Mourning, call it onesided but it's still what I think

the point still stands: Bibby is a shooting point guard who is better at running an offense than a pure point guard like Tinsley.

If the Pacers plan on beating the Pistons in the near future, they will need a better offensive ballclub. Although the Tins/Bibby are a push defensively and only defensively, Bibby's offensive skills and awareness may just be enough to push them over the top.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was playing with real gm and I don't think we can even make a trade for Bibby without including one of our top guys or involving another team. Tins being a full BYC player doesn't help in trying to trade him. I'm not sure if it matters, but Jeff has a trade kicker in his contract.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

How bout Tins + Granger for Bibby? (We're overloaded at the 3)

Or Tins + Foster?

Or Tins + Pollard + Foster and we resign Dale?

Personally, I think Bibby on our team makes us an immediate championship contender.

The Kings would never let Bibby go, unless we were offering something overwhleming at the PF spot to go along with Tins.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I just like my P.G.'s to be able to point.

If we were to get rid of Tinsley, we could do alot worse than Bibby. But, has been repeated ad nauseum already, his salary is too much and the Kings aren't trading him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy

If we were to get rid of Tinsley, we could do alot worse than Bibby. But, has been repeated ad nauseum already, his salary is too much and the Kings aren't trading him.

His salary is double Tinsley's, but he played in twice the games Tinsley did last season.

I'd rather pay Bibby his amount for 80 games, than have Tinsley at 40 games.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    His salary is double Tinsley's, but he played in twice the games Tinsley did last season.

I'd rather pay Bibby his amount for 80 games, than have Tinsley at 40 games.

You've said this not once, not twice, but THREE times now! Yeesh!

Also, I'd be willing to bet Jamaal plays more than 40 games next year.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

yea, but...bibby played 80 and jamaal played 40 last year....

just playing PFA

PacerNthaDesert

I had no idea Bibby had a contract that high, thats way out of hand. If Jamaal ever gets over these petty injuries he will become the best bargain in the NBA. Right now only playing 40 games he is almost worth it!

Numerous posters have made the point that they believe that Bibby is too expensive, I'm just responding to them.

Sure, he'll play more than 40 games.......But I won't be suprised if it's a number in the 50's or 60's

PacerNthaDesert

[QUOTE=Sure, he'll play more than 40 games.......But I won't be suprised if it's a number in the 50's or 60's[/QUOTE]

As long as he plays in 65 regular season games and is 100% for the playoffs, I'd take it.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is approvable on RealGM

Croshere + Foster + Gill + Artest

for

Mike Bibby + Brad Miller

If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

PacerNthaDesert

Something tells me Bird would get the middle finger from Sac town if he offered that.

foretaz

u know whats funny....theres probably not a better fit in the league for croshere than the kings....i actually think he could go there and fit in and play quite decently....

but given his perception, its impossible for him to go just about anywhere....well given his perception and his salary

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This is approvable on RealGM

Croshere + Foster + Gill + Artest

for

Mike Bibby + Brad Miller

I'd do that in a heartbeat, but Sacramento would laugh and hang up on us.

2 scrubs, an O.K. center, and a player who hasn't been able to control his emotions for one of the best pg's in the nba,and one of the best centers.

I'd do that.

Bibby is NOT a marginally better player than Tinsley. Neither are much defensively so I won't mention that. But Bibby is better at running a team than Tinsley, which is impressive since Bibby is somewhat of a shoot-first PG. And of couse you know Bibby is an infinitely better shooter, more of a leader, doesn't get rattled by end-game pressure, and won't turn a game into a one-on-one duel vs. Ben Wallace which Tinsley does and invariably loses.

With Tinsley and the Pacers offensive players and philosophy, they will be subject to long offensive droughts. With Bibby that doesn't happen.
    If you looked at the stats, you'd see that even though he didn't shoot well this year, Tinsley still shoots the three better than Bibby.

And our offensive droughts tend to show up when Jamaal comes OUT, not when he's IN.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PacerNthaDesert

You think bibby would mind coming off the bench here though because he would be.

canyoufeelit

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    If you looked at the stats, you'd see that even though he didn't shoot well this year, Tinsley still shoots the three better than Bibby.

And our offensive droughts tend to show up when Jamaal comes OUT, not when he's IN.
    First point is just false. Ask anyone, hell, take a poll of who is the better jumpshooter between Bibby and Tinsley. The results would be pretty darn one-sided.

Second point, fair enough.

First point is just false. Ask anyone, hell, take a poll of who is the better jumpshooter between Bibby and Tinsley. The results would be pretty darn one-sided.

You lost me. Even though he struggled with his shot in the second half of the season, Jamaal still shot it at .372. Bibby shot the three at .360.

How on earth is that false? Stats can lie, but they're not in this case.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Bibby's effective field goal percentage on jumpers was 45.2%. Tinsley's was 46.5%. FWIW, 79% of Bibby's shots are jumpers, while 71% of Tinsley's shots are jumpers.

I've always considered Bibby to be the better shooter, maybe he just struggled this season?

Bibby's effective field goal percentage on jumpers was 45.2%. Tinsley's was 46.5%. FWIW, 79% of Bibby's shots are jumpers, while 71% of Tinsley's shots are jumpers.

I've always considered Bibby to be the better shooter, maybe he just struggled this season?

I dont mean to bring this up again, I really don't.

But it's alot harder to keep strong numbers going for 80 games than it is for 40 games.

I dont think you can take a guys stats from 40 games, and make a big deal about a particular stat being better than a guy who played 80 games.

foretaz

bibby is a career 45% shooter and 37% from 3 point land

tins is a career 40% shooter and 32% from 3 point land

thats probably what u were thinking of

incidentally last year was the worst year for bibby behind the arc since his rookie year....

and also of note, bibby actually had one season he shot ovr 40% from behind the arc-2002....when he didnt play a whole season-only 55 games

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    bibby is a career 45% shooter and 37% from 3 point land

tins is a career 40% shooter and 32% from 3 point land

thats probably what u were thinking of
    No, I meant from watching them play, I had always considering Bibby the better shooter. Thus, the confusion on my part when Tinsley had a better % on jumpers. Oh well.