Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bibby

Default Re: Mike Bibby

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boys, boys life is too short for this. Shake hands and move on.
    I'll do one better. I'm off to bed.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

foretaz

meanwhile, back on topic....

feelings on a tinsley, foster, aj trade for bibby?

foretaz, that last exchange with Anthem was ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Other people, if I'm crazy, let me know, but this is not the first time I've seen this.

I'm not sure I want to respond anymore, for fear of a word-for-word breakdown.

Erghh, Bibby is good, but if we trade Tinsley I want to get a good defender back.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

SjA3837

Yummm... I just had the best tasting pizza from Sams Club.

SjA3837

But yeah, It'd be nice to get Bibby, but it's not realalistic. (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Erghh,
    This tells me you are already prejudiced on the topic.

Bibby is good
    That's your opinion and really... how do we define 'good'. Good compared to the all time best? Good compared to his teammates? Good compared to others currently in the league. What keeps him from being great? And how great could he be? Saying he's 'good' tells us nothing.

...Next...

, but
    There's always a 'but'.

if
    'If' implies indecision to me. I could be wrong but that is how I read it.

we
    Us, on the message board... or do you have a mouse in your pocket?

trade Tinsley
    Are you saying that 'we' the forum could somehow trade Tinsley or cause it to happen? We have no power to do that nor could we stop if from happening if management deems it necessary. Do you mean 'them'? I might agree with that possibility.

I want
    But this isn't about you!

to get a good
    Again... how do we define 'good'? Everything above I said would still apply.

defender back.
    Would we lose a defender? What makes us so special to think we could get another one back? And what about offense...shouldn't the team be worried about offense?

I can't agree with or even comprehend any of this. Not until you make up your mind and speak to the point!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I'm not sure I want to respond anymore, for fear of a word-for-word breakdown.

Erghh, Bibby is good, but if we trade Tinsley I want to get a good defender back.
    neither tinsley or bibby would be considered good defenders...at least i dont think they would be....

it seems bibby might be considered an upgrade over tinsley however....thats why i was really bringing this up...he makes about twice what tins does....i have doubts the package i mentiooned would even get bibby....

its been talked about upgrading the pg slot...outside of this , im not sure how u do it....as ive said before ive always been in favor of trying to improve the backup slot...it seems that might be a bit easier....

Quote Originally Posted by Bball

That's your opinion and really... how do we define 'good'. Good compared to the all time best? Good compared to his teammates? Good compared to others currently in the league. What keeps him from being great? And how great could he be? Saying he's 'good' tells us nothing.

...Next...

There's always a 'but'.

Are you saying that 'we' the forum could somehow trade Tinsley or cause it to happen? We have no power to do that nor could we stop if from happening if management deems it necessary. Do you mean 'them'? I might agree with that possibility.

Would we lose a defender? What makes us so special to think we could get another one back? And what about offense...shouldn't the team be worried about offense?

I can't agree with or even comprehend any of this. Not until you make up your mind and speak to the point!

-Bball

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

bball, why don't you post more. You'd win the most humorous poster award hands down if you did.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

SjA3837

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    bball, why don't you post more. You'd win the most humorous poster award hands down if you did.
    I agree with Kstat...

...Next...

There's always a 'but'.

-Bball

I knew it wasn't safe to post in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    neither tinsley or bibby would be considered good defenders...at least i dont think they would be....

it seems bibby might be considered an upgrade over tinsley however....thats why i was really bringing this up...he makes about twice what tins does....i have doubts the package i mentiooned would even get bibby....

its been talked about upgrading the pg slot...outside of this , im not sure how u do it....as ive said before ive always been in favor of trying to improve the backup slot...it seems that might be a bit easier....
    I agree, Tinsley isn't a very good defender. That's why if we are trading him I'd rather we get someone who is.

foretaz

kinda what i was thinking....he said something about most argumentative....but seems most humorous would be more desirable...

isn't bball the one that used to have public arguments with himself, ie pessimist/optimist? IIRC, those were pure gold.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

On topic.

Bibby & Tinsely are totally differant types of p.g.'s and if I thought Jamaal would be able to play 90% of the games next season, including the playoffs, then my preferance would be towards Jamaal. I just like my P.G.'s to be able to point.

However since I know Jamaal will have some form of crud, injury, toothache, etc. I've convinced myself that I'm ready to move on.

Mike Bibby would be a great p.g. to replace him with.

He has ice water in his veins & IMO his defense is on par with Jamaal's & since he doesn't gamble as much he doesn't get burned as much.

I would have no problem at all with a lineup of

pg Bibby
    sg Jax
    sf Gran...er.. Artest
    pf O'Neal
    C Davis

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

isn't bball the one that used to have public arguments with himself, ie pessimist/optimist? IIRC, those were pure gold.
    Yes... And I have been thinking about doing a new one. I was working on some material for it in my head the other day.

Mr Optimist and Mr Pessimist are going to discuss the Pacers chanses of winning the championship this year.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    On topic.

Bibby & Tinsely are totally differant types of p.g.'s and if I thought Jamaal would be able to play 90% of the games next season, including the playoffs, then my preferance would be towards Jamaal. I just like my P.G.'s to be able to point.

However since I know Jamaal will have some form of crud, injury, toothache, etc. I've convinced myself that I'm ready to move on.

Mike Bibby would be a great p.g. to replace him with.

He has ice water in his veins & IMO his defense is on par with Jamaal's & since he doesn't gamble as much he doesn't get burned as much.

I would have no problem at all with a lineup of

pg Bibby
    sg Jax
    sf Gran...er.. Artest
    pf O'Neal
    C Davis
    and what would u give up to get him?
    and remember sacramento values him quite highly, justifiably so...

they have miller and peja, and just traded for bonzi....they dont need any two guards....theyre set there...theyd really like big guys with toughness and rebounding...they just traded bobby jackson so they have no real backup pg either....

Yes... And I have been thinking about doing a new one. I was working on some material for it in my head the other day.

Mr Optimist and Mr Pessimist are going to discuss the Pacers chanses of winning the championship this year.

-Bball
    Nah, you need to do something much more entertaining, like the Brad Miller trade

I'd like to see both.

Let me weigh in on Bibby. My opinion of Bibby has changed so many times over the years I'm a little embarrassed.

The best thing about him is he's very clutch. He was the guy taking all the big shots for the Kings over the years. Not Webber, not Peja. He is great at running pick and rolls, as good as anyone in the NBA. No question. He is an excellent ballhandler and a low turnover guy.

He doen't have the blowbyability of a lot of point guards, in fact he is very much like Tinsley in this regard. His great ballhandling allows him to get by people, not great quickness.

Yes You know I'm getting to it. His defense, oh his defense. There is a reason why the Kings need Bobby Jackson and really suffer when he's injured. Bibby's defense is very poor. But then so is Nash and Tinsley for that matter. (although in his defense he's never played for a coach who has really emphasized defense, so maybe he could be better)

I'm with the ol uncle on this one.

I wonder how the Kings will do now that Bobby J is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    When I look at Mike Bibby, I see a really insane contract.
    Let me expand on that.

Bibby's a marginally better player, and yet he's paid two and a half times more.

Mike Bibby: $11,500,000, $12,500,000, $13,500,000, $14,500,000

That's some contract nastiness.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Let me expand on that.

Bibby's a marginally better player, and yet he's paid two and a half times more.

Mike Bibby: $11,500,000, $12,500,000, $13,500,000, $14,500,000

That's some contract nastiness.

Too bad you left out the most important statistic of all when talking about Tinsley, and that's games played.

Bibby, 2004-2005 games played: 80

Tinsley, 2004-2005 games played: 40

Bibby makes twice as much as Tinsley, and he played twice as many games. I'd have no trouble trading for him.

canyoufeelit

Bibby is NOT a marginally better player than Tinsley. Neither are much defensively so I won't mention that. But Bibby is better at running a team than Tinsley, which is impressive since Bibby is somewhat of a shoot-first PG. And of couse you know Bibby is an infinitely better shooter, more of a leader, doesn't get rattled by end-game pressure, and won't turn a game into a one-on-one duel vs. Ben Wallace which Tinsley does and invariably loses.

With Tinsley and the Pacers offensive players and philosophy, they will be subject to long offensive droughts. With Bibby that doesn't happen.