Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bibby

foretaz

Default Mike Bibby

i realize the Jamaal Tinsley subject is a somewhat touchy one....some say hes the pg to do it all....others have different ideas...

im curious what people think of mike bibby....sacramento obviously isnt looking to trade him, but at the same time they are trying to resurrect that team a bit....so leaving that part out of it....

what are everyones thoughts with regard to bibby and the pacers...just for discussion purposes...and if anyone actually gets to the point of a trade proposal that would be fine too...

Default Re: Mike Bibby

I've always been a fan of his. He's clutch as hell and just a very reliable PG. But I don't see any team touching him with the salary he's getting right now htough.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I doubt the Kings even consider trading Bibby. He's the fan favorite there, and the only think keeping them from really sucking.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

When I look at Mike Bibby, I see a really insane contract.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why don't I start a thread entitled, 'Dwyane Wade' and talk about the unrealistic chances of him coming here. Honestly, I saw 'Mike Bibby' and thought, 'did we trade for him', but nothing.

And I should be up for most argumentitive poster darnit!

what's with all the talk about most argumentitive poster all of a sudden. That ship isn't sailing again for another 11 months.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm bored, I had a spicy taco, and now I have no water.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what's with all the talk about most argumentitive poster all of a sudden. That ship isn't sailing again for another 11 months.
    whats even worse than the premature talk is the apparent desire for some to obtain it...how someone could desire such a thing, let alone appear to feel proud about such a thing is beyond me....

if people post with this as a motivation, well it certainly would explain some things....and i, for one, find it truly sad....

since when did arguing become a good thing?

Since Bulletproof came along.

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    whats even worse than the premature talk is the apparent desire for some to obtain it...how someone could desire such a thing, let alone appear to feel proud about such a thing is beyond me....

if people post with this as a motivation, well it certainly would explain some things....and i, for one, find it truly sad....

since when did arguing become a good thing?
    For somebody who's against arguing, you sure pick a lot of fights.

Or was that irony? Did I miss it?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem

sorry...but there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and providing a basis for that disagreement versus picking a fight with someone...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You sir, argue way to much. I, for one, am greatful that I, for one, do not argue like you.

I think Mike Bibby, for one, would make a good Pacer.

However, I have escaped my duties as thread starter of posting a such idea, instead, I, for one, have posted a bunch of words and have left the decision of what to do with this thread, intirely in your hands.

Obnoxious, yes. Irritating, yes. Hypocritical, maybe.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

crap... i forgot in mocking foretaz... that he doesn't capitolize... i, for one, should know better

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    You sir, argue way to much. I, for one, am greatful that I, for one, do not argue like you.

I think Mike Bibby, for one, would make a good Pacer.

However, I have escaped my duties as thread starter of posting a such idea, instead, I, for one, have posted a bunch of words and have left the decision of what to do with this thread, intirely in your hands.

Obnoxious, yes. Irritating, yes. Hypocritical, maybe.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

who would possibly go thru all of this.... just to have.... weird font...

sorry...but there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and providing a basis for that disagreement versus picking a fight with someone...
    I agree. And given the choice, you seem to tend towards the latter.

Of course, that may be unfair. I must admit that I haven't read any of your posts in the last month. And it's actually not because of the font or the color... it's because I think e e cummings was a moron instead of a genius.

Enjoy your time at PD!

foretaz

I agree. And given the choice, you seem to tend towards the latter.

Of course, that may be unfair. I must admit that I haven't read any of your posts in the last month. And it's actually not because of the font or the color... it's because I think e e cummings was a moron instead of a genius.
    hmmm...now what is ironic is what ur doing right now....cause if anything, its pretty much what u accuse me of....

in fact...i would say the following

Originally Posted by Anthem

is very, very ironic....because if thats not 'picking a fight' im not sure what it is...

it certainly doesnt appear to be disagreeing and laying the basis for that.....nor does this

And given the choice, you seem to tend towards the latter.
    ur singling me out....not to disagree with me...or anything ive really said pertaining to the thread...

so again...who is picking fights?

lemme guess...its gotta be me...since im responding by pointing these out, right?

To say the least, I think you're severely over-analyzing.

PacerNthaDesert

It's ok foretaz, I think you are a good, quality poster. If everyone had the same opinion and everyone agreed all the time message boards wouldn't exist. We need people who like to debate and stir the pot once in awhile.

AND about Mike Bibby, no thanks, Jamaal is better and younger. (I think)

hmmm...now what is ironic is what ur doing right now....cause if anything, its pretty much what u accuse me of....
    Yeah, that was one of my more inflammatory posts. Sorry about that. Hearing you say "since when did arguing become a good thing?" just about sent me over the edge.

I stand by the original post, though. It was both accurate and witty.

EDIT: And I stand by the last part of my second post. cummings was an idiot.

Enjoy your time at PD!

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks007
    To say the least, I think you're severely over-analyzing.

naaaa....just calling a spade a spade....without any sort of prejudice....or seeing what i want to see

Originally Posted by Anthem

does that have anything to do with Mike Bibby? or even anything to do with the most argumentative poster award??
    no...its called a flame....u know it and i know it...

if its not, what is it?? lemme guess...hes just saying what he feels??

but there appears to be a list of who can and who cant do that....based on recent experiences....

no...its called a flame....u know it and i know it...
    Yow. Za.

I gave a civil response to your "make love not war" post, and that's a flame? You'd have died on usenet. Or the Star, for that matter.

but there appears to be a list of who can and who cant do that....based on recent experiences....
    Right, because I get away with SO MUCH CRAP around here...

Enjoy your time at PD!

Yow. Za.

I gave a civil response to your "make love not war" post, and that's a flame? You'd have died on usenet. Or the Star, for that matter.

Right, because I get away with SO MUCH CRAP around here...

I'm surprised you are not banned.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

PacerNthaDesert

Boys, boys life is too short for this. Shake hands and move on.

foretaz

Yow. Za.

I gave a civil response to your "make love not war" post, and that's a flame?

yea...right...

u have an interesting concept of what is civil...

ur original statement was not civil, witty or accurate....

now if u consider being a smarta$$ any of those things, then maybe i should reconsider....but based on my knowledge of civil and witty, not even close...

and just because u say so doesnt make it so...