View Poll Results: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award,

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • KStat

    8 25.81%
  • Bball

    1 3.23%
  • Foretaz

    20 64.52%
  • Ragnar

    2 6.45%
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

  1. #1
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    See this link for an explanation of this poll.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13546

  2. #2
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award.

    Foretaz and KStat should share the award

  3. #3
    PacerNthaDesert
    Guest

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    I'll take Foretaz here, even though both are quality posters I think.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Now, No offense to Foretaz, but you know that he just loves to get a rise out of Kstat, he's 'The instigator', with his purple brash font and endless periods, one day he will achieve the title, 'Most Argumentative Poster'!!!!!!!!!!!

    (I don't know if that's what Taz does intentionally, it just seems like it.)
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  5. #5
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Foretaz ftw!

  6. #6
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    I have to decline from voting. Two of the nominees (I'm not saying who) are on my ignore list. Makes my life much more enjoyable.

  7. #7
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    One of these days, we should all try to agree on a definintion of arguementative.

    Wait, that's an ironic sentence.

    Anyway, Anthem, Ragnar, and bball are far superior at arguing than the others on this list. They all do an excellent job of laying out their points in a reasonable, readable, and understandable matter.

    Kstat isn't all that argumentative, he's a Pistons fan so he has a different bias. No biggie. Besides, he seems to be a target - especially from newer posters - so I just take what he says with a grain of salt. Really, I don't understand, for the life of me, why so many newbies feel the need to take shots at him. He's well respected by the PD and RATS vets, so its not like you're scoring points with anybody by taking shots at him.

    Foretaz seems to like to fight. Somewhere inside all his rambling, I think he tries to lay out some logic and argue his points, but I don't have enough time to dig through his hard-to-read 'stream of consciousness' posting style to decipher his point. Anyway, I don't consider that arguing.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Maybe we should change the award title from "argumentative" to "bull-headed."

    That always fits more with how I vote - there are guys on here who are great at arguing their points and providing sound, reasonable evidence - and they stick to their guns. I consider that a discussion.

    Then there are the "I don't care what you say, I have a perfectly false opinion and I'll never let the facts distract me from that" people. That's an arguer.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  9. #9
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of these days, we should all try to agree on a definintion of arguementative.

    Wait, that's an ironic sentence.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #10
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we should change the award title from "argumentative" to "bull-headed."

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we should change the award title from "argumentative" to "bull-headed."

    That always fits more with how I vote - there are guys on here who are great at arguing their points and providing sound, reasonable evidence - and they stick to their guns. I consider that a discussion.

    Then there are the "I don't care what you say, I have a perfectly false opinion and I'll never let the facts distract me from that" people. That's an arguer.
    I'll consider the name change. It would clear up the award's description IMO.

  12. #12
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foretaz and KStat should share the award
    No, they should share a room. They're back-and-forth has gone way past being argumentative. The whole thing just screams sexual tension.

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. #13
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next year is a long ways away.
    I agree. No voting for me.

  14. #14
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, they should share a room. They're back-and-forth has gone way past being argumentative. The whole thing just screams sexual tension.

    Bllluuurrgghhhh
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  15. #15
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Who's the front runner for next years most argumentative poster award?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of these days, we should all try to agree on a definintion of arguementative.

    Wait, that's an ironic sentence.

    Anyway, Anthem, Ragnar, and bball are far superior at arguing than the others on this list. They all do an excellent job of laying out their points in a reasonable, readable, and understandable matter.

    Kstat isn't all that argumentative, he's a Pistons fan so he has a different bias. No biggie. Besides, he seems to be a target - especially from newer posters - so I just take what he says with a grain of salt. Really, I don't understand, for the life of me, why so many newbies feel the need to take shots at him. He's well respected by the PD and RATS vets, so its not like you're scoring points with anybody by taking shots at him.

    Foretaz seems to like to fight. Somewhere inside all his rambling, I think he tries to lay out some logic and argue his points, but I don't have enough time to dig through his hard-to-read 'stream of consciousness' posting style to decipher his point. Anyway, I don't consider that arguing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •