Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Famous Elevator companions

Default Re: Famous Elevator companions

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hmmm....what year did caddyshack come out???
    What am I missing here?

Last year,2 of my friends and I went to a pacers game here in Indy.My 2 friends got drunker than hell.But anyways we had nose bleed seats,I pointed out to one of my friends were Bird was sitting.My friend then stood up looked at me and said "Im getting his autograph".I said "no you wont,dont you see all of those cops by him?".And off went my drunk friend,he showed back up 30-35 mins later with LB's autograph.He just happened to get lucky and slip by security,he was right by the pacers bench,he couldve reached over and gave Foster a high five.But anyways he went up to Bird,handed him his ticket,Bird signed it.My friend said "thank you sir,you are a legend".Bird kinda grinned.And that was that.

Not in elevators, but:

Colin Powell at the airport in Chicago while waiting for a connection to D.C. An airline staff member quickly ushered him away.

Spike Lee, in the summer of 2003, got into the taxi I got out of in New York City. I stopped him, mentioned the Pacers/Knicks rivalry, asked for a picture, & he obliged with a hearty handshake & generous smile (sadly, this happened the night before the east coast black out & the camera was either lost or stolen during the chaos).......

...& 2 days later, literally bumped into Larry Bird as he walked out of the Fieldhouse.

While in university soon after the 87 championship during the Little 500 weekend, Keith Smart sought refuge in my apartment from the wild partying taking place outside. He politely turned down a "funny cigarette" that was circling the room (as this was a bit
    before the Pan AM games try outs) & departed soon thereafter. His buddy, a reserve guard on that same team who saw very little court time, was very enthusiastic about partaking.

Billy Knight (my all time favorite Pacer) at a now-defunct bowling alley.

Had an impassioned & intense brunch with Harry Belafonte once. He not-so-kindly asked the Carribean owner of a dance club in attendance, "How can you have peace with yourself for making your living by selling alcohol to our people?"

Nicholas Cage on Bourbon St while he was filming some totally forgettable movie.

Lots of famous jazz musicians & writers as I used to hang out in places where they hung out, & they were so easily accessible.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Easy
    Nicholas Cage on Bourbon St while he was filming some totally forgettable movie.
    OH! I almost forgot. I talked to Carmello Anthony and Gerry McNamara on Bourbon St. During the Final Four that Syracuse won. I wasn't there for the Final Four though. We had just returned from a cruise that left from New Orleans. We also saw pretty much the entire Kansas team (Hinrich, Collison) walking down the other side of the street.

woman without a team

Johnny Rutherford at the Athletic Club mucho years ago.

I rode on a plane with Chris Mullin, his wife and kids right after the 1999 playoffs from Charlotte to Indy. VERY nice guy. Wife talked to me during the entire flight. He spent his time playing with his baby at the time. I didn't ask for an autograph as I thought it would be rude to ask while he was with his family on vacation.

Adam Duritz, Lead singer of the Counting Crows bought me a drink one night in a bar in New Orleans right before thier concert with Cracker in 1993. He talked with us for a few minutes before he had to go warm up. Very nice, down to earth guy. Been a HUGE fan ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydawg2270
    Wayne Brady
    Did you see the Wayne Brady / Dave Chapelle skit on Chapelles show. Maybe the funniest 5 minutes of TV I have ever seen.

I met Muhammed Ali at the Louisville Airport, got pictures and an autograph still got it, that was in 1985.

I was staying at a hotel in Indy for a training seminar and caught a Pacer game that night (vs. San Antonio) later about 11 PM I saw about 6 of the Pacers at TGI Fridays (the restaurant is in the motel I was at Marriot maybe?) Dale Davis was one of them, I think AD,Kenny Williams and Malik Sealy was there, most of the guys were from the Bench.

I also met Slick and Trainer David Craig on the elevator at Methodist Hospital, they were going to visit Mel Daniels who had just had a triple bypass the same day as my Mom.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Oh yeah, forgot to add, I spent 3 days with Richard Karn(Al from Home Improvement) and Pat Simpson from HGTV at a Orchard Supply/Sear's Hardware manager convention one year. Rode in a Limo with them and partied every night for the three days. Fun guys. Great family guys. That was the most fun I had ever had at one of those things.

Bob Villa was at the convention too and got to meet him, but he was a D**K. He was that way to everyone around. He thought he was to good to spend any time with us non-famous people. VERY cocky.

sweabs

I met Alex English, along with 2 other assistants of the Toronto Raptors (Jay Triano and Jim Todd).

Alex is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I was a little smaller than him - my brother was just as big. We had just finished watching a Cavs/Raptors game (the one where Lebron dropped 50 something), and were late getting out of there. We finally found a nice place to eat, and low and behold, I look beside me at the table and see Alex English. Just a really friendly guy and very approachable.

Bob Davie. Gene Keady. Joe Tiller. I stood next to Lynn Swann on the sidelines. Didn't realize it. Turned around. Nearly said, "Holy *****, that's Lynn Swann."

Erin Andrews. Mitch Daniels. His daughters (meow). Sat next to Ivan Maisel and Bob Kravitz for games before. Stacy Paetz. That other blond that roams Conseco. Both of which were wearing flock-me boots. Jesus.

A crap-ton more. They all blend together.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

In no particular order, in no particular place, but only people with whom I've exchanged words:

Leonard Nimoy.
    Steve Martin.
    Lamar Odom.
    Julie Delpy.
    Hulk Hogan on roller skates (yes, roller skates) and then 6 months later Hulk Hogan sitting next to ...
    Vern Troyner.
    Jamie Foxx.
    Jessica Alba.
    Wee-man from Jackass.
    Holly Hunter (and who I assumed was a daughter of hers) hiking on a trail.
    I kicked Anthony Michael Hall out of a house party in 1993.
    John Mellencamp angrily screamed at me when a landscape crew I was on worked at his house ("Hey LAWN BOY!!!" direct quote).
    Flea from RHCP.
    Brad Pitt.
    George Clooney.
    Pauly Shore.
    John Corbitt.
    Bobby Knight (jerk cut in front of me at the Marsh salad bar! )
    Stacey Peralta.
    Tony Hawk.
    John Leguizamo.
    Johnny Carson (he was in a car, so I guess that doesn't really count. It was kind of like spotting a rare eagle though).
    All members of Radiohead.
    Jeremy Piven.
    Kid Rock.
    Don Cheadle.
    About 30 different reality TV losers.
    The lady from the TV show La Femme Nikita.
    Julia Roberts.
    Paris Hilton.
    Nick Carter's "jailbait" mother (that's what she called herself).
    One of the lesser known Baldwins (I think it was Billy).
    Many more, but I'm getting sick of listing them.

Most of these are from my short time in LA, but not all. If you live on the west side of LA, you can't throw a beer cup without hitting someone famous.

Not an NBA sighting or an elevator story, (but its the best I got).
    I went to a Colorado Rockies game with a few friends and sat next to Heather Whitestone (1995 Miss America). Sad part was, I didn't recognize her. One of the people sitting in front of us pointed out the obvious and we spent the rest of the evening feeling like complete buffoons.

Good game and good lesson. Never ignore the attractive girl next to you.