JO + Tinsley for Garnett seems like a decent possibility to me, so I will go ahead and post it so I can get bragging rights if it actually happens.
1. Minnesota is in a semi-funk and would be open to an overhaul.
2. The combo of JO and Tinsley is one of the few trades, IMO, that would excite the fan base there and provide a real replacement to someone of Garnett's ability and stature.
3. Minnesota does not have a pg with the excitement of Tinsley. That would be a major draw for them.
4. With our new and emerging offensive weapons (Saras, Artest, Granger, JJ, Harrison, Jax), isos with JO are just not as important for us anymore, and are arguably a potential hazard. Whatever we lose in trading JO we completely or at least very nearly gain back with Garnett, who, IMO, does not carry the risk of needing a certain number of isos each game.
5. Garnett helps us with the physical type play we need if Dale is not in the game. Plus, we could also throw Bender into the trade and get a bruiser from the Wolves thrown in. The "potential" factor of Bender would add to Minnesota's hopes of a successful overhaul.
Only a theory. But plausible, I think.
If it happens, I say LB has serious stones. It would as big a risk for us as for Minnesota.