12 22.22%
  • 50-54

26 48.15%
  • 55-59

3 5.56%
  • 60 or more

1 1.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many games will the Pistons win next year?

foretaz

Default How many games will the Pistons win next year?

the pistons won 54 games the last 2 years with larry brown as coach....

they won 50 games the previous 2 years with carlisle as coach.....

2 of the best coaches.....GONE....

so how many games will they win with FLIP....

Default Re: How many games will the Pistons win next year?

Flip's teams in Minny...

1999- 50 wins
    2000- 47 wins
    2001- 50 wins
    2002- 51 wins
    2003- 58 wins

That was against a tough Western Conference that was stacked. The Pistons team he is taking over is clearly more talented than those Minny teams he coached. Barring major injuries they should easily win 50 games. Detroit is one of only a handful of teams in the league without one weak spot in their starting 5. All 5 of their starters are in the top 15 in the league at their respective positions and most of them are probably in the top 10 at their positions.

Flip is a downgrade from Brown but I don't think it will effect them in the regular season the postseason might be a different story.

KING JAMES

Jesus dude - is your banner big enough?

-- I voted 49...
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dipperdunk
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flip is a downgrade from Brown but I don't think it will effect them in the regular season the postseason might be a different story.
    I think most people would agree to that. Flip has to prove that he can lead a team in the playoffs. However, strategy CERTAINLY one of his weaknesses. He's a very bright coach.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say 54. We won't have the hall of fame coach, but we also won't have gar heard for 1/4 of the season either, so it'll even out.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    Jesus dude - is your banner big enough?
    If I were him, I'd be excited too.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    If I were him, I'd be excited too.
    No kidding, eh?

Just looking at that banner - they have a nice set-up there. How everyone blends will be a different story, but I don't see it being a problem. They're definitely going to be in the top 4 in the East. They have a lot of guys who scare me.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

HAHAHA - Someone voted for the 25 bracket!

I don't know which to go for, 20 or 65.

Hmmmmm....

This would have been more interesting if the votes were made public.

I picked 50-54. What the hell, I'll toss this out too: They'll lose in the ECF... to us.

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    the pistons won 54 games the last 2 years with larry brown as coach....

they won 50 games the previous 2 years with carlisle as coach.....

2 of the best coaches.....GONE....

so how many games will they win with FLIP....

When you make a poll please make it so people can see the way everyone voted. There's a box that you can check.

I voted for less than 50.

PacerNthaDesert

I look for Detroit to win around 60. Flip is a regular season coach more so than a playoff coach while LB was the opposite.

I really wouldn't want to win 60 games. I'll settle for the 54+ and a top-2 record in the east.

Then again, home court in the finals would have been nice last year.....

PacerNthaDesert

I see I'm the only voter in the "60 or more" range.

foretaz

I really wouldn't want to win 60 games. I'll settle for the 54+ and a top-2 record in the east.

Then again, home court in the finals would have been nice last year.....
    u have nothing to worry about....they won 60 games one time....this year wont be the second

I think the Pistons will win anywhere from 50-55 wins.

The better question is, how far will they go in the playoffs?

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    I think the Pistons will win anywhere from 50-60 wins.

The better question is, how far will they go in the playoffs?
    That is the better question and I'm pretty certain they will be in the Eastern Conference finals where they will lose to the Pacers because finally the Pacers will be healthy. It will be sweet to watch Sheed get beat up too on a side note.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    That is the better question and I'm pretty certain they will be in the Eastern Conference finals where they will lose to the Pacers because finally the Pacers will be healthy. It will be sweet to watch Sheed get beat up too on a side note.
    i seriously do not believe they will reach the ECF....and i think they are in for a lot more turmoil this year that one might expect....

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    i seriously do not believe they will reach the ECF....and i think they are in for a lot more turmoil this year that one might expect....

I see it your way too but they still have all their talented and playoff tested players on the roster. As long as they stay healthy they probably can't finish outside the top 3 in the conference but with the East emerging I could also see them not making it either. I just thought the Pistons underachieved last season and it won't happen again but I guess with Flip they are a wildcard.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    I see it your way too but they still have all their talented and playoff tested players on the roster. As long as they stay healthy they probably can't finish outside the top 3 in the conference but with the East emerging I could also see them not making it either. I just thought the Pistons underachieved last season and it won't happen again but I guess with Flip they are a wildcard.
    just remember something....rasheed wallace....

rasheed is a ticking time bomb....hes had the ultimate coach for him the last 2 years...larry brown and his nc ties kept rasheed in check as much as possible....meaning..u saw a lot more techs last year as the honeymoon was over...however the more dramatic episodes were not there primarily due to larrys presence....that will be gone...and we will be another season removed from the honeymoon....sheed will be more of a problem....remember ben in the playoffs??? 'guys need to shut up and play?'....theyre gonna have less success which will make for added stress....and sheed doesnt deal well with that...which means only more problems...

and i also believe their luck where injuries and the like are concerned will not hold out...

and lastly....i just flat out dont think flip is a good coach....ive made it known what a huge kg fan i am...so i make it a point to keep an eye on things from time to time...and im sorry....i dont see it...at all...

Sheed has long since proven to me that he's intersted in winning before anything. If he were going to blow up, it would have been last year, during the 350 off-court distractions we had.

Oddly enough, Sheed has been the one that's kept the team TOGETHER. He's grown up, it seems.

Nothing in Sheed's tenure in Detroit suggests that he'll suddenly go back to his younger days. All of those players play hard for each other. They didn't just play hard because of Brown. Each guy on that team plays hard because they know the guy next to him is playing his *** off also.

Of course, people are free to believe what they want. Nothing is ever really proven until May at the earliest.

There isn't a team in the NBA without question marks. I don't think the Pistons, as they are now, have any more questions than most other teams.

foretaz

Sheed has long since proven to me that he's intersted in winning before anything. If he were going to blow up, it would have been last year, during the 350 off-court distractions we had.

Oddly enough, Sheed has been the one that's kept the team TOGETHER. He's grown up, it seems.

Nothing in Sheed's tenure in Detroit suggests that he'll suddenly go back to his younger days. All of those players play hard for each other. They didn't just play hard because of Brown.
    i dont question sheeds desire to win...in fact thats what is at the root of some of his problems...

sheeds outbursts were much more present last year than the honeymoon season the year before...its not about him going back to being younger...

he is what he is...i love his game....but hes a very emotional player on the court....and he can be overly expressive when reacting to things hes not in agreement with....

it has nothing to do with playing hard....and everything to do with being a volcano...IMHO

being a volcano and being a problem are two different things. Sheed led the league in techs last year, but I believe he only got ejected one time. He's said over and over again that he's never going to let himself get ejected and hurt his team. He at least has shown that he has an emergency brake on his temper.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't have a problem with it, but Sheed is Sheed. You take the good and the bad with him, and the good far outweighs the bad.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't have a problem with it, but Sheed is Sheed. You take the good and the bad with him, and the good far outweighs the bad.
    Swap Kstat with Unclebuck and Sheed with Ron, and I've read this before.....

foretaz

being a volcano and being a problem are two different things. Sheed led the league in techs last year, but I believe he only got ejected one time. He's said over and over again that he's never going to let himself get ejected and hurt his team. He at least has shown that he has an emergency brake on his temper.
    sheed said the same things in portland.....

in many ways its like an instant replay....

each year gets worse....the techs rise...the ejections rise...the outburst rise....

as ive said....he is what he is...

i dont even dislike the guy, despite his theatrics...cause i know its sincere...but it doesnt change what it is and how it happens....

in portland it started out with a few techs..and then a few more....and he said hed work on it....and this...and that....and more and more, they became an issue and a distraction...

sheed cant help himself....he is who he is....u take the good with the bad...just like with everyone else...

thing is...you have some very no-nonsense guys on that team....and sooner or later it really gets to those guys....like i said...uve seen the beginning in the playoffs....whether its his guarantees or his talking....those things take a tolll....they get old after a while....guys get tired of making excuses...