Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

  1. #26
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    they already have hitler and hussein in the organization....

    bill 'hitler' davidson and tom 'hussein' wilson....the similarities are striking....

  2. #27
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well now that you say it,

    Hitler's offensive strategies were always somewhat of a blitzkrieg.

    And Saddam manage to stay free for quite sometime even under heavy pressure.

    Perhaps it would be a perfect blend of offense and defense.
    [Kstat]Saddam would be better coaching the Pacers. He's knows all about black holes from living in one.[/Kstat]

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  3. #28
    PacerNation
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a combo of Laimbeer and Isiah? Co- head coaches. Or one could be the associate head coach.

    I like it!

    -Bball

    I'm confused: Do you mean this would be better in the sense that it would make the Pistons worse and therefore make us more powerful in the East?

    If so, I agree. Isiah could switch the lineup every night, start some people some nights then not others. Then he could bury people on the bench and if he were really lucky perhaps he could find a way to get Jalen Rose on the team, become best friends with him and totally ignore Hamilton and the Wallace brothers.

    However, I think Isiah is doing such a good job with the Knicks that it would be ashamed to not see him finish what he started (I'm still trying to figure out what that is).

  4. #29
    PacerNation
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sheed seemed score effortlessly on the low block in the finals, especially early in the games, dropping lots of turnarounds over Duncan/Mohammed. The Pistons never seemed to go to him much later on tho...

    Sheed scores when he wants to; in other words, I feel like he settles for being a second and third (sometimes 4th) scoring option a lot. If Rasheed always played like he had a guarantee to make good on it would be dangerous for a lot of teams. He seems to pick and choose when to be a leader.

    On the other hand, if there's any team in the NBA that allows for that kind of attitude it would be the Pistons (just given the roster).

  5. #30
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they already have hitler and hussein in the organization....

    bill 'hitler' davidson and tom 'hussein' wilson....the similarities are striking....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  6. #31
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I saw the title of the thread my first thought was "I don't give a flip about who is coaching Detroit."

    I'm so friggin' sick of hearing about Larry Brown I can't see straight! Now for the rest of time every time there's a coaching vacancy he's all we're ever going to hear about. Just like when Mike Fratello was doing TV.
    I agree, sometimes I think the name of this forum is Pistons Digest. I mean some of the posters on this forum go out of their way to bash our players but defend Kstat and the Pistons players. I just dont get it.

  7. #32
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, sometimes I think the name of this forum is Pistons Digest. I mean some of the posters on this forum go out of their way to bash our players but defend Kstat and the Pistons players. I just dont get it.
    This forum actually WAS Piston Digest once...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #33
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This forum actually WAS Piston Digest once...
    That's right... and you said good things about the Pacers that day, too.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's right... and you said good things about the Pacers that day, too.
    Yeah, that was a tough day for me....

    :finger:

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #35
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's right... and you said good things about the Pacers that day, too.

  11. #36
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerNation
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused: Do you mean this would be better in the sense that it would make the Pistons worse and therefore make us more powerful in the East?
    You got it!

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #37
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,243
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    And that Pistons Digest was BEFORE the brawl, imagine the fun now .
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  13. #38
    sc
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    bill 'hitler' davidson
    Davidson is jewish, sarcasm or not that is in really poor taste.

  14. #39
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by sc
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Davidson is jewish, sarcasm or not that is in really poor taste.

    Talk about oversensitive.......

  15. #40
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    That's not oversensitive.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  16. #41
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not oversensitive.
    By just simply saying they have similiar characteristics is in poor taste?

    I guess I'd better not compare a black man to Thomas Jefferson then. Hate to have bad taste by comparing someone who came from slave desent with a slave holder.

  17. #42
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    What similarities does Davidsson share with Hitler?

  18. #43
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Is there any space left in the Shoutbox? I think we are about to need a slot.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  19. #44
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What similarities does Davidsson share with Hitler?
    I can go with the obvious and say that they're both male.


    I'm not saying I agree with the analogy, just that I feel like taking offense to something like that is oversensitive.

  20. #45
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What similarities does Davidsson share with Hitler?

    There's an easy way to squash it. Either taz or an admin can just switch the names around so it says, Bill "Hussein" Davidson and Tom "Hitler" Wilson.


    (Are we even sure that Taz knew he was jewish?)

  21. #46
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    (Are we even sure that Taz knew he was jewish?)
    'Taz is jewish?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. #47
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'Taz is jewish?

    -Bball

    I don't know.

    I meant I'm not sure that Taz knew Davidson was jewish.

  23. #48
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    I'm sure he'll do fine with the Pistons, but the bottom line is, he's a downgrade, and anytime your #1 rival downgrades anywhere, you've gotta be happy. Particualrly when that degrade is in something as important as coaching.
    Flip Saunders is a top-10 coach.
    Larry Brown and Rick Carlisle are top-3 coaches.

  24. #49
    sc
    Guest

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By just simply saying they have similiar characteristics is in poor taste?

    I guess I'd better not compare a black man to Thomas Jefferson then. Hate to have bad taste by comparing someone who came from slave desent with a slave holder.
    I really hope this is sarcasm, becuase I really hope you do not need this explained to you.

  25. #50
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's official: Flip Saunders is the new coach of the Pistons

    holy crap, how the hell did I miss out on that comment?

    Agreed. That was an incredibly horrible thing to say.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •