Thread: Pretty good interview (recent) with DC

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Pretty good interview (recent) with DC

PS. its Brian Shaw's fault PGs dreaming of LA and DC breaks down the new Pacers around the 20:00 mark, thinks we are branded as "rebuilding" because we lost PG, but he thinks we can make the playoffs , said Victor really is gonna shine here
    Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 09-01-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pretty good interview (recent) with DC

I'm hoping that he and Dipo can be a good veteran presense in the lockeroom. This team is going to need that going forward.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I keep forgetting he's back

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting that he says with Nate we'll be a running team. Sounds like Nate is going to try again to do what he did last year. It gets forgotten because it didn't work and they abandoned it, but at the very start of last season they were playing pretty fast. Will it work this time? We'll see, but I think this roster lends itself to it more than last season's group.

Off the top of my head, I think Collison, Lance, and Oladipo all like to run. I think Thad and Turner should do well that way. I don't know about Bojan yet. Robinson is good on the break. I don't know about Joseph yet. Al can't, but then IMO he shouldn't play unless he's in great shape anyway. Sabonis I don't know yet either. Leaf seemed like he'd be good at a faster pace but I don't know if he's a rotation player this year.
    Last edited by Hicks; 09-03-2017 at 10:09 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We should play fast paced, especially if you consider that we have bigs who could act as great trailers for spot up 3's potentially. Thinking of Leaf and Myles specifically.

Push the pace, go for quick points, but also know that our bigs coming down the court behind the initial push have shooting range. I like it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Dutch Pacers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should play fast paced, especially if you consider that we have bigs who could act as great trailers for spot up 3's potentially. Thinking of Leaf and Myles specifically.

Push the pace, go for quick points, but also know that our bigs coming down the court behind the initial push have shooting range. I like it.
    Ah the good ole days with Troy trailing.
    Yay, we don't know what we're doing as a franchise! thanks PG!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:

Fast pace, up tempo, whatever. I'll believe it when I see it. What we need to be is a team that can flex given the situation. Look to break whenever the opportunity is there, but is competent in the half court, preferably through ball and player movement. I just don't think there are very many teams that can excel at the run-at-all-costs approach a la the Warriors.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Still hard to get past his domestic assult

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Well you need to learn how to forgive then.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Getting the obvious out of the way first: Domestic abuse is never okay.

After I read about what allegedly happened, I recall coming away with the impression that whatever did happen was apparently the 'least bad' version of such an incident, if that 'helps'.

I could be mistaken, but apparently whatever he did was 'mild', the damage 'minimal' (for lack of a better word), and all parties (him, his spouse, the law, the team he played for at the time/the league) seem to have moved on, including DC fully owning his screw up. I believe he publicly discussed it and took responsibility for it.

He screwed up, he admitted he screwed up, he took the blame for his screw up, and unless he screws up again, this appears to be a singular incident of a very unfortunate mistake that is hopefully atypical of his normal behavior. Not okay, just hopefully a one-and-done, and thankfully a 'least bad' version of DA.

None of that makes it okay, only to say that this doesn't appear to be a 'Ray Rice' level of incident, or not necessarily even close.

I could be failing to recall details suggesting otherwise; the above is just my vague recollection of what I thought I read about it a few months ago. If details suggest a different version of events, I'll gladly take a different tone with him on all of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Getting the obvious out of the way first: Domestic abuse is never okay.

After I read about what allegedly happened, I recall coming away with the impression that whatever did happen was apparently the 'least bad' version of such an incident, if that 'helps'.

I could be mistaken, but apparently whatever he did was 'mild', the damage 'minimal' (for lack of a better word), and all parties (him, his spouse, the law, the team he played for at the time/the league) seem to have moved on, including DC fully owning his screw up. I believe he publicly discussed it and took responsibility for it.

He screwed up, he admitted he screwed up, he took the blame for his screw up, and unless he screws up again, this appears to be a singular incident of a very unfortunate mistake that is hopefully atypical of his normal behavior. Not okay, just hopefully a one-and-done, and thankfully a 'least bad' version of DA.

None of that makes it okay, only to say that this doesn't appear to be a 'Ray Rice' level of incident, or not necessarily even close.

I could be failing to recall details suggesting otherwise; the above is just my vague recollection of what I thought I read about it a few months ago. If details suggest a different version of events, I'll gladly take a different tone with him on all of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Yup, I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Well you need to learn how to forgive then.
    Wow dude really (and anyone who thanked that post)? Please say that to all the victims of domestic violence and rape, that all they need to do is forgive. Do you realize they have to live with that for the rest of their lives?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post: